Chapter 9

hide

*One Week Later*

"Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol whispered to the silent end of the phone. "Did I- Please tell me what I did. I-I miss you, okay? Anyway, I'm about to go on stage, you're here, right?"

He could hear the pressing of a button, and shuffling on the other end. The smallest voice he's ever heard from the younger spoke out to him. "Of course I'm here Yeollie." Then the line went dead as Kyungsoo hit the end call button.

Chanyeol cracked a small smile, because despite the younger ignoring him for reasons beyond him, he still chose to come and support him like he promised. 

It was like when Chanyeol finally found a way to hide his feelings for the younger, he found a way to wiggle those warm yet so amazingly horrible feeling back. It was almost as if his heart was a jigsaw puzzle, slowly each piece being lost and given straight to Kyungsoo for him to decide what to do with it.

 Chanyeol hated it, but he loved it, and everything was so frustrating.

"And last but most certainly not least is Park Chanyeol singing a song written by himself, titled 'I Don't Wanna Waste My Time.' Quite the song I must add." Mr. Jung, the music teacher said, pushing glasses up his nose.

A loud chatter filled the small staging room, along with the loud clapping of hands, cheering for the pointy eared boy coming onto the stage. His blue flannel hung loosely on his shoulders, the dark grey undershirt bundling under the small keyboard he carried onstage with him.

"Thank you for coming," he said into the mic, holding eye contact with a certain someone in the audience. "I hope everyone here can truly understand the meaning behind this song."

The soft beat from the keyboard filled everyone's ears, a melancholic symphony, setting the mood. Everyone listened, anticipating what lyrics could come with such beautifully sad  keystrokes. Soon Chanyeol's velvety smooth and deep voice cut through the silenced room, shocking everyone to a paralyzed state.

( jOJI IS A LYRICAL GENIUS LIKE 11/10 WOULD SUGGEST TO ANYONE)

  I don't wanna waste my time if I can't be by your side
You really shouldn't think about God if she can't see where you hide
We don't gotta talk about nothing nice if you wanna come down
But she don't gotta know 'bout nothing
But she don't gotta know...

And if the stars collide, will she relieve my soul?
And when we feel alive I know she'll let me go
When you read my lips, I know you feel all cold
But I promise you my heart is made of gold

I don't wanna waste my time if I can't make you decide
You're only on my mind when I need you
I don't need to know about what you do when the sun goes down
Cause I don't gotta know about nothing
Cause I don't gotta know...

And if the stars collide, will she relieve my soul?
When we feel alive I know she'll let me go
When you read my lips, I know you feel my cold
But I promise you my heart is made of gold  

To say Kyungsoo was astonished was an understatement. He also felt an underlying sadness, as he finally understood what the song was Chanyeol's way of saying. 

'I'm tired of playing these games.' 

Before Kyungsoo could say anything, Kang Younghyun walked over to Chanyeol and waited for everyone to finish congratulating him. When the crowd calmed, and people just socialized, Chanyeol smiled warmly at him.

"Chanyeol, can I ask you for advice?" Younghyun asked the giant, helping him unload his things from the stage. When the taller nodded Younghyun sighed and asked, "So Jae doesn't want me to do anything for our anniversary. What the hell does that mean?" Younghyun asked, giving off a sarcastic laugh.

"Maybe he wants to do something for you, not the other way around. Trust me, Jae is really cheesy like that." Chanyeol replied, closing his sheet music that was on the keyboard.

"Okay," he contemplated, seeing as the explanation was fully logical. "Your song was nice by the way. Why'd you write it?"

"Ah, I don't know, I just feel like I try too hard to find love that it feels like all that time is disappearing into an endless void." Chanyeol said, smiling up at Younghyun, looking free of all stress and anything, as if he were trying to find a new peace in his mind.

"Aww, Channie," Younghyun said before engulfing him in a tight hug, with his chin over Chanyeols shoulder. "You shouldn't have to worry about these things, I'm sorry."

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo stood frozen on the other side of the room, his breathing becoming irregular. He flinched as a wave of a strong emotion hit him, such an emotion that broke bonds, locked people away, and even caused loss. It ate away at him, and even though he's felt it before, this time feels even stroger.

It was jealousy.

___

Next chapter is the ending ;-;

also just wanna say again, if you dont know Joji, I would 11/10 suggest you listen to his music