Chapter 10

hide

The sight replayed on Kyungsoos mind, as if a broken record was trapped in his head.

He could still taste the bitter sensation of jealousy burning on his tongue. It was a horrible taste, one he wouldn't wish even on his worst enemy.

The way Younghyun laid his head ever so gracefully on his Chanyeols shoulder. The small smile that adorned Chanyeols amazing features, so soft and caring.

Kyungsoo hated it. His glare wasn't even strong enough, it wavered the more the sight flooded his vision. Feelings foreign to him filled his stomach, packing tightly to hold everything in.

Jealousy wasn't new, he could barely miss it. But why had he been so worked over the sight of the two?

Was he in love? With Chanyeol? Despite telling Taehyung, was it really true?

No matter how much he tried to doubt that was the case, the sight of the older filled his mind making him think about everything over.

"Chanyeol, What have you done to me?" He asked out loud. There was shuffling in the door behind him, but he ignored it thinking whoever it was would go away.

He was wrong when he heard a voice call out his name. That voice, it was a voice he both hated and loved in that moment.

"Kyungsoo? I'm coming in," he said. The mere statement made the younger anxious. Why now of all times?

He saw the worry on Chanyeols face, it was as if he was an open book, the look only for Kyungsoos willing eyes. "Wh-Why are you crying?"

"I'm not-" before he could finish, his mind became conscious to feeling of smooth salty tears falling down his pink cheeks.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. What about you? And Younghyun, are guys like a thing now?" He avoided using venom in voice, knowing he couldn't do anything.

"Me," Chanyeol laughed poking his own chest, "and Younghyun? He's with Jaehyung." The elder stated calmly.

Is this what it all felt like? Kyungsoo asked himself, completely ignoring what the other had said.

Knowing Chanyeol was crushing on him, he finally understood it all. Having to see him with someone else should be the suffering Kyungsoo deserves.

If he's happy, I'll be happy, even if I'm not what causes it.

It wasn't even anxiety that filled his stomach, it was a feeling that was farther up, around his chest. It felt all tight, and his irregular breathing filled the silenced air. He'd never once felt pain in his chest when he thought about Minseok. Chanyeol hadn't said a word, studying the smallers actions carefully.

Before anything else could happen, Chanyeol had consumed the smaller body with his arms, subconsciously running his long fingers through the messy brown locks of the younger.

"Soo, please tell me what's wrong."

"I'm an idiot. I couldn't even see anything." Kyungsoo said, ignoring his tears.

"What makes you an idiot? You're a ing genius!" Chanyeol attempted to comfort the younger, smiling at how Kyungsoo nuzzled his head in his hands.

"I saw you suffering because of me," Chanyeol froze, watching as their eyes met. "I guess if you want to be with someone else, it's only right for me to suffer too."

"Kyungsoo what are you saying?" Chanyeol asked wearily, not wanting to misinterpret the situation.

"I think- no I know. I l-love you." The older was astonished. Before his mind could run any longer, soft lips were pushed on his.

He slid his hands to the others waist, feeling his fingers wrap hesitantly around his neck. Their kiss, it wasn't lustful, or hungry, but full of passion and the feelings that fill you up and make you understand the true meaning of euphoria.

Kyungsoo embraced the warm feeling, wanting to capture it and frame it, like how children capture small fireflies and study them, wonder and adoration all over their face.

Chanyeol held tightly onto the smaller, not wanting the feeling to disappear through a loose grasp. It was something he craved from the smaller, and he hoped on everything he owned he wouldn't have to wake up from some insane dream and realize how his imagination ed him over.  

They both pulled away for air before Chanyeol pecked Kyungsoos slightly swollen lips. "I love you too."

And neither them cared if they confessed in the boys lockeroom of the school. That's where their journey began, so that's where it expanded.
 

~End~