Chapter 8

hide

"Taehyung! Come downstairs, your friends are here." Taehyungs older brother, Baekhyun yelled. He watched as the smaller tripped over his feet, rushing down the stairs yelling for Kyungsoo to wait in the car.

As he emerged down the stairs, Kyungsoo plopped into the front seat. His brow furrowed as he thought about Chanyeol for the millionth time that day. Sad as it is, he'd been avoiding the cheerful giant, scared that his feelings would develop to much worse when he realized how unreturned they were. Or how unreturned Kyungsoo thought they were.

Before he could do anything else, Taehyung's awkward frame came clumsily out the door. "Get in loser, we're going shopping."

"What," the younger groaned. "Why?"

"Because Chanyeol is preforming at the talent show and I wanna go." Kyungsoo didn't know why he was so compelled to Chanyeol. It was as if his recoil of interactions with him caused him to realize how much he depends on him, emotionally.

He noticed how he would spend less time thinking about Minseok and worrying whether or not Chanyeol was happy. Or, instead of wanting to talk about how he was feeling, he also thought Chanyeols feelings were more significant and important to him.

It made him go crazy. He groaned and hit his hands against the steering wheel. Taehyung shot him a worried look, and asked "Are you okay?"

"Nope." The short statement made Taehyung realize that they were going to a small store in town, and that Kyungsoo really needed to talk.

When they entered, the homey atmosphere hit the both of them in the face. "Good morning," an extremely happy woman greeted the two of them. "Welcome to the shop, hows everything going?" Her hair was an odd red and she had a thick black nose ring, but the brightest smile.

"Wonderful," Kyungsoo replied with a sarcastic tone. Before anything else could happen, Taehyung wrist was pulled and Kyungsoo sent the woman a polite smile, as to apologize for his rude attitude.

"Dude, are you okay?" The statement was stupid to ask again so Taehyung thought for a second before asking, "Wanna talk?"

"Maybe, but first can you please help me." Kyungsoo asked, turning to the younger, making sure he was going to help. "Hows this jacket? Do you think Chanyeol will like it?" Kyungsoo asked pulling up a blue jacket. The seams were colored in a white pattern. The sleeves were black, while the torso and back were a dark blue shade.

"Soo, I think I know why you're agitated." Taehyung told him, nodding at the jacket choice.

"I know too." Kyungsoo told him, changing his entire demeanor from playful to serious. "I-I love Chanyeol, but i don't want to hurt his feelings."

Somewhere on the other side of the town sat Yifan and a teary eyed Chanyeol, who whispered, "I love Kyungsoo, but I don't see him loving me back." The notebook laying in front of him, open to a world of lyrics expressing his deepest feelings for the younger.