Chapter 4

hide

"Kyungie?" Chanyeol whispered, peeking into the empty room. The room was dark, and the little window had fluorescent flow, the dust looking as if it were levitating.

He began walking forward, deeper into the room. He stopped when he heard a sniffle, and a gasp before Kyungsoo stopped in front of him, his sleeves creating sweater paws.

"Y-Yeah?" Kyungsoo asked looking at the ground. The lighting wasn't too good, but the tear tracks that he was trying to hide would be exposed.

"You called me here so you can whoop my ," Chanyeol chuckled looking at the younger. "Remember?"

"O-oh. I must-must've forgotten."

"Hey, are you okay?" Chanyeol asked, placing a hand on Kyungsoos shoulder, only to have it smacked.

"IM FINE!" He turned around and began walking to the back of the empty classroom. "Don't worry about-" He couldn't finish his sentence before the sound of Chanyeols book bag hit the wooden floor and strong arms wrapped around his entire body.

When he felt the comfort of another person, he let the second round of tears set in his eyes began flowing. Shakes racked his small frame and Chanyeol held him tighter, running his fingers through Kyungsoos hair.

"Of course I have to worry. What else would I do? Please tell me what's wrong Soo." Chanyeols frantic voice rang in Kyungsoos ears.

"It's just that- why doesn't anyone like me," He hiccuped once, "like Yifan and Junmyeon, or Taehyung and Jungkook, or ing Jongdae and Minseok." Kyungsoo asked, pushing his face out of Chanyeols chest. 

Poor baby, Chanyeol thought, smiling down at Kyungsoo. His tears eyes and pouty expression made him look so beautiful in that moment.

He took his hands and grabbed Kyungsoos cheeks, squishing them between his palms. His smile made the younger smile, having that stupid happy virus effect Kyungsoo hated, but loved at the same time.

"There's my Kyungies smile," Chanyeol laughed, pinching his cheeks and distorting the heart shape.

"Shut it, my smiles stupid." Kyungsoo pouted.

"Lying is a sin," Chanyeol blurted, looking at that "stupid smile" and admiring how it could enhance the beauty of such an already striking person.

"Are you calling me a sinner?" Kyungsoo's voice, three octaves deeper than usual.

"Well I ain't calling you a truther," Chanyeol shot back, flipping his imaginary long locks of hair. His sassy tone sent the younger into a fit of giggles, the tears that once there were now depleted.

"It was everyone by the way," Kyungsoo whispered just loud enough for Chanyeol to here. "Everyone makes me feel like no one likes me. Am I that unsocial?"

"Hey, hey, hey. What's the point in having a fake boyfriend if you think no one likes you. Dammit Kyungsoo I-" Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol waiting for him to finish what he was going to say. "I think that, just because you haven't found someone yet doesn't mean there isn't someone waiting for you to acknowledge their feelings. Hell, they're probably drooling over your adorable chubby cheeks," He pinched his cheeks. "Or what about your small hands," He touched each finger and wiggled them as Kyungsoo looked at him with big eyes.

"You're the best fake boyfriend anyone could ask for."

", I know," Chanyeol said, earning a smack from the younger.

On the outside he smiled and teased Kyungsoo, but on the inside, he repeated the word fake over and over again.

Fake, fake, fake. Right, because that's all I'll ever be.