Chapter 4

My Sweet Little Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Saturday. A quiet day for Jisoo. The girl is about to take a bath but before that she stares at herself in the mirror. "This color isn't that bad after all" she said while combing her hair with her fingers, after all it is her original hair color. 

 

 

She hums as she gets in the tub. Jisoo has those perfect body curves that every women dream of. Her hair is long, straight. Beautiful. Everyone envy her a lot because she have everything. For Jisoo, her heart is empty.

 

 

The warm water touching her skin, making her body less tired. Jisoo is deep in her thoughts. Out of nowhere, Jiae's words last night cross her mind. Following someone's orders. "What does she means by that?" she asks herself, fingers playing with her hair.

 

 

Jisoo sighs and dives in for a second. While she's in the water, an idea pops up. She quickly jumps out of the tub, totally forgetting  floor is slippery and eventually fall on her . "This is nothing compared to her broken heart" Jisoo reminds herself as she tries to ease the pain.

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

Wheeling himself, Mr Yoo pass by Jiae's room. He knows his daughter is having a hard time, that's why he didn't force her to join any occasion until she feels better. 

 

 

Sitting on a wheelchair for the rest of his life never crosses his mind. And now, he couldn't even take care of himself so how is he supposed to take care of the family business. Jiae is still considered too young and still a bit immature.

 

 

Gently, he knocks on the door but he receives no answer so he decides to let himself in. He opens the door "Jiae dear.." Jiae's sitting on the bed, holding a small bear. Mr Yoo recognize the bear. It was a gift from her mother when she was 6 years old.

 

 

He's quite suprised that Jiae still keeps the bear when his presents were no where to be seen in Jiae's room. That's when he knows that her wife is closer to their daughter. 

 

 

"Jiae.." Mr Yoo calls out for her with a soft voice. Jiae keeps her head down, holding tightly to the bear. She's trying hard to fight back her tears. Mr Yoo sighs as he couldn't do anything. He leaves Jiae on her own, not wanting to make things worse.

 

 

Once her father closes the door, tears streaming down Jiae's cheeks. Outside, Mr Yoo can hear her cries. "Oh honey, what should I do?" he whispers. Closing his eyes, his wife's face appears and a sad smile forms at the corner of his lips.

 

 

 

----------------------

 

 

"Chicken or beef? Hm?" Jisoo asks herself and looks at the menu. Mijoo is already waiting impatiently since she's very hungry and now she has to wait for Jisoo to order her food. "Just give her chicken and thank you for your kind service" Mijoo faked smile, sending draggers to Jisoo.

 

 

"So what's up?" Mijoo starts, arms folded. Jisoo tells Mijoo to meet up with her as she says she has a favour to ask. At first, Mijoo decline. Knowing her friend, Jisoo tries to fish her with a bait saying that she'll pay for the food. Mijoo couldn't reject that offer right?

 

 

"It's about Budaejjigae" Jisoo said seriously. Confused, Mijoo looks at her while blinking her eyes many times. "What's wrong with that? Are you craving for it?" Mijoo really don't understand. Realizing her mistake, Jisoo laughs awkwardly with an unamused Mijoo in front.

 

 

"I mean Jiae" Mijoo nods her head. Now she understood and signalling Jisoo to continue "I want to know what's in her mind". "Geez, is she really an idiot or what?" Mijoo quietly say under her breath. "Look, buddy. Firstly, you cannot read a person's mind and you never will. You have to observe them. If not, you can just go ask Superman to help read her mind"

 

 

"Superman can read minds? I thought he could only shoots laserbeams out of his eyes" Jisoo asks. "Man, I should really find a more clever friend" again Mijoo quietly says to herself.

 

 

The food arrive, stopping the coversation between the two as Mijoo refuses to talk while eating cause she says the food will lost its delicious taste if she talk. Jisoo could only give in. Knowing what's in a person's mind is harder than doing a math equation.

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

As the night fall, Jiae still lingers in Jisoo's mind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter