Not a Goodbye

Not all idols are the same...or are they?

Doo Joon

Her words were like a knife that is stabbing my heart. Her answers were so cold, and there were no emotions on her face. But that moment where she had woke up, the way her hands touched my face, I can’t help feeling hope. I can’t erase the feeling that she still loves me. It doesn’t matter now. She had still left. I had let her leave. I tried to stop her but she looked like she wants to get out of here, to get away from me. And I let her do just that. Dongwoon came in and shouted at me “Hyung! Noona’s leaving! Aren’t you going to chase after her?” I just stood staring at the spot where she was moments before. Then I felt a push. It was Yoseob “Quick go and chase her!” still I didn’t respond. “This is your last chance.” Junhyung said seriously. That got me moving. Running as fast as I could, I got on a cab and told the driver to follow the cab she’s in. I was being impatient and I kept telling the driver to go faster. I realised how important she is to me. I can’t let her leave. I must at least try to make her stay. As soon as I had reached the airport I rushed around, turning and looking at all directions. “I will bring you to where she is.” A voice said and I find Chunji beside me. The two of us ran together as he led me to the place. She was pushing a trolley with her luggage in it.  “Young Soon!” I shouted and our eyes met. She turns her gaze away and look straight ahead, moving even faster to the security check. I pushed pass everyone, ignoring everything else and only fixing my gaze on her. As soon as I had reached her, I hugged her from the back tightly. “Please…don’t go.” She was frozen. I told her everything in a rush. I told her the truth. I felt her nod slightly “I had known a bit about it. I overheard it that time.” I just continue hugging her tightly, breathing in her scent and just wishing that time can stop so that I can hold her a while longer.

 

Young Soon

In the cab, I was fiddling with my hands. I feel uneasy, and I really wanted to go home, to run into the arms of Doo Joon and stay there forever. He had made it even harder for me. Waking up to Doo Joon smiling down at me, remembering everything I love about him, that makes it even harder for me to leave this place. My mind was filled with thoughts of him however hard I try to shake it off. But it was useless. He is embedded in my mind and that will be the way it is till my feelings for him die away. The feelings might never be gone, or it will take a long time for it to be gone, that is something I know for sure. Once I had reached the airport, I felt like all the energy I had was away by an invisible force. My hands were clumsy and my legs were moving extremely slowly. I tried to quicken my pace but my legs seem to have a life of its own. The faster I tried to walk the slower it is. A little voice in my mind was telling me to walk slower. It was the voice of my heart, and my body obeyed immediately. My head kept turning back to look at everyone, hoping to see him among the crowds. I saw him finally, standing not far from me. Our eyes met and I can’t seem to look away. I don’t want to look away. I was just reaching the security checkpoint when I someone hugged me from the back. I don’t have to turn around to know who it was. The words he whispered was pleading and I feel myself softening. Everything became clear. He had explained everything in a rush. A heavy burden seemed to have been removed from me and I was able to breathe normally again. I trembled slightly, tears that I had tried to keep in just now streamed out. “I won’t leave you, Doo Joon. Doo Joon!” abandoning the trolley, I turn to face him and hugged him, crying tears of joy. Brian saw the two of us and smiled “Young Soon, you don’t have to go to US.” He stated simply. “Now that I know that my sister is in good hands and the man she loves is true to her, I will leave the two of you alone-for now.” Chuckling, he slapped Doo Joon on the back, and he coughed. “You, Yoon Doo Joon, are a nice fellow than I thought you are. Don’t you dare to bully her, do you hear me?!” Doo Joon gulped and nodded meekly. I looked around, trying to find Chunji, but he was nowhere to be found.