Misunderstanding

Not all idols are the same...or are they?

Young Soon

Chunji was waiting outside when I went out. "Why didnt you just knock on the door?" I asked him in amusement. He shrugged and answered "I don't want to disturb you. Are you free today?" I nodded and raised an eyebrow at the question. "You know I'm always free. Why did you ask?" Chunji said something that I can’t hear properly. "Can you speak louder?" he cleared his throat and said "I want you to go on a date with me!" It sounds sort of like a command to me. He pushed me back into the house to change. I wear the first thing that I see when I open the wardrobe, and head out to meet him. We walked towards the shops together, and Doo Joon came out of his house at the same time as us. I stopped in my tracks. Chunji grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. As we walked pass him I took a peek at his face. He was emotionless. As soon as we had make sure we are far enough, he let go of my hand. We ate lunch together, but I don’t have to appetite and was pushing my food around absentmindedly. “Young Soon! Are you listening?” I managed a weak smile. “What is it?” Chunji looked at me with an unreadable expression before continuing “Doo Joon have a new girlfriend.” I took a moment to process the statement. Giving him a fake smile, I said out loud “If she can help his career, its good isn’t it? How did you know?” Chunji looked torn and hesitated after pointing out of the window. I turned my head to find a couple kissing. What has this couple got to do with Doo Joon? The guy stood back and I saw his face properly. It was Doo Joon. Thoughts were going through my mind the moment I saw him with another girl, kissing. Anger, sadness, disappointment was among some of the emotions I am feeling. Trying to stop my hands from shaking, I put both hands on my glass and drank the water slowly.

 

Doo Joon

As I was going out to meet the actress I was ordered to date, I saw Chunji and Young soon. They were holding hands, as if to show me that they were a couple again. I hid my clenched fists behind my back and forced my face to remain emotionless. I can’t let them see I’m hurting. I walked the long way round to the shops nearby. A girl about my age was waiting outside one of the shops. Walking closer, I realized it’s the actress. “Min Hye ssi, I’m Yoon Doo Joon.” I held out a hand for her to shake. She shook her head in disapproval. “We are supposed to be a couple! Didn’t your CEO tell you?” I must have looked confused, and she laughed at my clueless look. “I guess you don’t know then. It’s ok. We can start now.” I saw something on her hair and leaned close to her to get it off. “Thank you.” Without warning she gives a peck on my lips. Stepping away from her immediately, I asked her “Why did you do that?” she smirked and continue “I will tell you everything but let’s go to somewhere more private first.” We headed to a restaurant nearby and sat down in one of the VIP rooms. “I will be honest with you. I have been noticing you ever since you debut and I like you.” Her sudden confession took me off guard. “And when your CEO asked me to be your girlfriend I immediately accepted it. I was thinking: Who knows, maybe we will become a real couple!” she was blushing slightly but other than that she was calm and confident. “I- This is too much for me to take in all at once.” I managed to say after the awkward silence. “I understand. We can start from friends if you want.” She smiled good-naturedly. “Can we don’t have skinships in public?” I requested as politely as I can. “Sure, sorry for making you uncomfortable. Let’s just hold hands for now?” I nodded and we ate lunch in companionable silence.