Voice

NEMO&DORY collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul Hospital
“I’m sorry Sir, we tried our best. But we can’t save the mother. But we manage to save your daughter. But unfortunately, she lost her voice. The incident make her larynx broken. We still don’t know whether her voice will come back or not since the result is not out yet” 
Mr. Jung fell on his knee upon hearing the what the doctor said.  He lost her wife, and he almost lost her daughter. He regret for not stop her wife and daughter to go to his office. He regret that he always busy until his wife and daughter worried sick about him. He fail as a father. 
“Sir, you’re lucky your daughter is still alive. Anybody won’t expect them to be alive after the crash” his assistant quickly help him up by holding his shoulder. He keep hummed. 
“can I see my wife for the last time doc?” he ask with trembling voice. 
“Sure,” the doctor opened the surgery room for him. He walked slowly to the dead body of his wife before holding her cold hand.
“I’m sorry Sica-ah..  I always neglected you. I’m a horrible husband. I’ll make sure I have enough time for our daughter after this. I’ll keep her happy. She’s our daughter. I won’t repeat the same mistake anymore. I promise you, I’ll take care of her until my last breath.”
He hug her wife for the last time before making his way to meet his daughter. 
“Please do a post mortem as soon as possible to my house. I want to do her funeral in our house. I want to cherish our last memory.” Mr. Jung command his assistant before go to the ICU Ward to meet her daughter. 
He opened the door slowly before enter the ICU Ward. His heart broken after he saw the wires connected to his daughter body. He sit beside the bed and hold her hand. 
“Eunji-ah. Thank you for being strong to keep me accompany in this world. I’m sorry for become a irresponsible father for you..” he try to not cry.. 
“Wake up soon daughter.. I want to see your beautiful eyes mile again. I want to hear your silly jokes again”then, his own word struck him off -guard. 
‘She lost her voice..’.
 The doctors word keep playing in his mind. That’s when he can’t hold her tears anymore. The tears keep flowing through his cheek. After a few minutes crying, he stand up and kiss her daughter forehead. 
“I'll coming back tomorrow. I need to settle your mother funeral first. Then I’ll keep you accompany. Alright my daughter?” he patted his daughter head gently. 
At Jung Mansion
Many people in black attire can be seen at the mansion’s lawn. The people came to give their last gratitude to the Jessica Jung, wife of the owner of Jung Empire, Jung Junmyeon. 
“I’m sorry for your lost Mr. Jung” he nodded before shake hand with his worker. Many people also do the same until all the guest back home.
 He slumped his body on the couch after his wife funeral. He look at his happy family photo hanging on the wall.
‘I hope you happy there wife.. Rest in peace'


A few month later...
“Good morning my princess” Mr Jung kiss his daughter forehead before sit in front her. His daughter only nodded in response. 
“Today is your graduation day. Why you didn’t get dress up?” he asked his daughter before take a sip of his coffee. He saw his daughter take the marker and note pad and write. 
‘I ashamed of myself appa. Can I not go to the school today?” he just beam a painful smile as he read his daughter word. 
“you can’t Eunji-ya.. This is an important day.. Go get dress up. I’ll go with you” before his daughter can write again he take the marker and note pad before gestured her to go upstairs. She nodded before walking to the stair with her head hung down. 
‘I’m sorry my princess. I don’t want you feel isolated from others.’
After a few minute, he see her daughter in graduation attire walked down the stair. He hug his daughter and patted her head before mumbling ‘good girl’. 


“Eunji-ya!!  You came!” once Eunji get out from the car, her best friend Son Naeun engulfed her in a tight hug. She pat her best friend arm as she felt like she wanna die. 
“Oops! Sorry Eunji-ya.. I really excited to meet you!” she nodded and form an eye smile. Her eyes wondered around after she felt something or rather someone is not there. 
“ Are you searching for that yoon-rilla? She already entered the hall along with Namjoo.” As she know what Eunji searching for, Naeun tell her. 
“Eunji-ah, let go. The ceremony will be started in few minute. Naeun-ah, can you help her to find her seat? I’ll be watching you all from the back.” Mr Jung butted in their conversation after he see they won’t stop talking-only Naeun since Eunji just nodded and smile. 
“alright uncle, her seat is just beside me. Let’s go Eunji-ya” Naeun pull her hand enter the hall. 
“yo my buddy! Ouch! Why you smack my head?!” Yoon-rilla or Bomi scream in pain as she get smacked by Eunji. 
‘Why you didn’t wait for me before enter the hall pabo!’ Eunji write in a memo before tapped it at bomi’s forehead. She take it off and read it. 
“Oh mianhae chingu-ya... I’m too excited. Finally we can get out from this hell”
“it’s not nice to say our school like that bomi!” Naeun flick Bomi’s forehead. 
“ouch! Okay! I’m sorry. Gosh you two. Now I know why you’re bestfriend” Bomi outed before sit down. Eunji chuckled silently before sit beside her. She just shook her head and pat attention since the MC already announced that the ceremony will started. 

*skipping the ceremony*

“Did you guys have any plan after this?” Namjoo asked the other three when they make their way out of the hall after the ceremony finish. 
Eunji shooked her head. 
Bomi nodded. 
“I’ll go to the LA for continued my study” Naeun said before averted her gaze to Eunji. 
“I’m sorry Eunji-ya for not letting you know earlier. I promise you I’ll comeback once I finished my study” Naeun side hugged Eunji. With crystal eyes, Eunji take out her pen and memo. 
‘it’s okay.I understand. When your flight?’
“at 3pm. This evening.”
‘can I sent you to the airport?’
“I don’t want to troubled you Eunji-ya.”
“don’t worry Naeun-ah. I and Namjoo will sent you too.”
Naeun nodded before hug Eunji. 
“I’m sorry for leaving you” Eunji gave her an assuring smile. 
“Eunji-ah. Let’s go home.” Mr Jung called her daughter. Eunji walked to her father before tell him her plan to sent Naeun to the airport. He nodded and pat her head. 
“who can drive? I’ll let you drive my car. I just waited my driver to pick me up.”
“Bomi can uncle.” He nodded before handling bomi his car key. 
“drive carefully okay? And don’t come back home late” he gave them a fatherly smile. 
“dae, uncle. Thanks for the car.” They bowed. Eunji turn to her father. After she give a kiss to her father’s cheek,  they all entered the car. Bomi the driver, Namjoo on her right and Naeun and Eunji at the backseat. 
“Alright. Let go to get Naeun luggage at her house and go to eat. I’m starving.” Bomi said as she start the car and drive away from the car park. 
“I already call my mother earlier. She’ll cook for us.” Naeun said. 
“When you call her?  I didn’t saw you touch your phone” Namjoo watch at her in disbelieve. 
Naeun give a wicked smile before she said
“Telepathy” Eunji smacked her head. 
“pabo” both of Namjoo and Bomi said before they all laught.
“I just joking. I’m sure she already cook for us since I said this morning that you all will come to spent time with me before boarding. My plan is to ask you all hang out at my house earlier. But since I kind off slipped that I will go to the LA and you all offer to sent me, I don’t need to ask you all hang out.”
They all nodded. The drive back to Naeun house full with laughter. 
They all arrived at Naeun house and get their much there before heading to the airport. 
‘I’ll miss you Naeun-ah. Don’t forget to call me and update your social media to let me know you’re doing fine.’ Eunji write on her memo before pass it to Naeun. 
“yeah, don’t forget us too. Good luck and we’ll miss you Naeun-ah”
‘last call for all the passenger for the flight APNK-1904’
The announcement halted their talk. 
“of course I won’t. I’ll get going first. Bye” they do a group hug before Naeun enter the airport. 
After that, they all go to their respective house. 


“Eunji-ah. Do you have any plan to continue your study”Mr Jung ask his daughter when they’re eating dinner. Eunji shooked her head. 
“Do you want to study at university or private home schooling?”
Eunji widen her eyes. She always ask her father to home schooling since she lost high school. Mr. Jung nodded and smile genuinely. 
“I know you always wanted home schooling since you wake up from come past few month. I’m sorry for not let you have it. It’s just because I don’t want you to feel suffocated being in this house everyday. But after I think again and again. I guess this is the time you get your right. Home schooling.” He explain to Eunji who still shock. Eunji take her note pad and marker. 
‘Thank you appa. Thank you for understanding my need.’
They hug. 
“I’ll find a lecturer for you to teach business course. Are you okay with that?” Eunji paused a little before nodded. Her dream to be a singer already vanish since she know that she lost her voice. So, in her effort to repay her father sacrifice to let her happy in this few month, she’ll take the business course and take over her father company, JUNG EMPIRE. 

EUNJI POV
After a few days slouching around my house,  I decided to continue my study. My friends already continued their study abroad. Yoon Bomi at Oxford university while Namjoo at America. I forgot her university name. Son Naeun already go to LA at the day we graduate. I feel sad my best friend is away. They’re all I friend I had. 
I take my note pad and marker to the study room. I saw my father is sleeping on the desk with many paper scattered under his arm. I gather all the paper and fix his desk. I feel sorry for him cause he has to work harder since my mother left us. He have to spare more time with me than when my mother still alive. I’ve asked him many time to keep working and don’t worry too much about me. I can take care of myself. I’m not alone in this house.  We have three maid to keep me accompany. But his answer will be ‘I already promised your mother that I won’t repeat the same mistake anymore. I don’t want to lose the most important person in my life anymore’ I swear that I’m so touch with his word. I appreciate it but I don’t want him to neglect his health. He always working at the study room until 3 or 4 in the morning and go to the office at 7am. He’ll make sure he come back home for lunch and dinner. I shake his shoulder a bit to waken his up. He yawn and look at me. 
“What is it Eunji-ah?”
I take my marker and notebook and sit in front him. 
‘I want to continue my study ASAP. It’s so boring. Can you please find the lecturer to teach me at home?’
I gave him the note pad. He read it for a while. Then, he rises his head and smile to me. 
“of course Eunji-ah.. I already find the lecturer for you since you graduate. I just waiting for you to ask me this question” he laughed. I laughed too but no voice coming out. 
“I’ll introduce you to her tomorrow. What do you say?” I nodded. I remember something. 
‘please go take a bath and continue your sleep on the bed. You already stink and sleeping like that is not good for your back’ after I give him the note pad, I immediately run out from  the study room. 
“Eunji-ah!  This ungrateful brat! How dare you!” I can hear he screaming. Hehehe...  I’m sorry appa. *peace.
End of POV
The next day
‘Eunji-ya, please ask the maid to prepare our lunch by 1. I’ll bring your lecturer to having a lunch  with us’ 
Eunji quickly run to the kitchen and show the maid the message. 
“I get it Miss Eunji” Eunji nodded and run to her room back. She rummage her walk-in closet to choose her cloth to wear. 
‘First impression is important’she thought. 
She decided to wear a blue blouse with a plain black skirt. She glance at the clock. It’s only 9am. She has about 4 hr before her father come back home for launch. With her lecturer of course. 
She’s so excited to meet her lecturer. She don’t know why but maybe because she want to feel how to have a teaching lesson at her house. She always want to get home schooling since she don’t like to make friend because of her lacking. Naeun is her childhood friend, Bomi and Namjoo is her friend since she in middle school. They always pay her a visit everyday when she’s in coma. 
Eunji lay on her bed and stare outside the window. She take her family photo at the drawer beside her bed. 
‘Umma... I miss you a lot. If only I didn’t ask you to meet father, all this won’t happen. I will still get your warm hug every time I need to sleep or a kiss on my forehead. I really-really miss you, umma'
A lonely tears escape from her eyes. Every time she thought about her mother and that unfaithful day, she’ll cry. Eunji is a tough person. She never cry easily. But when it came to her late mother, she never embarrassed to let out the tears. Her mother is her weakness. 
‘ding! Dong!’ The sound of the grandfather clock  wake her up from her dream. She fell asleep after she crying when she remembered her mom. 
‘Oh !  It’s already 12. I need to get ready!’ she take her towel and run to the bathroom. She really take a long time to bath. The fastest is 10 minute. She quickly dress up and waited for her father at the living room. 
Before she go to the living room, she stop by at the kitchen to watch the dishes and drink a glass of water. Wow.. Her maids cook a lot. She just shrug it off and go to watch the tv to kill time. 
“I’m home!” after hearing her father voice she quickly get up and greet her father at the door. She notice a girl like a high schooler behind his father. 
“Eunji-ah, let’s go to the living room. Please come in Miss Oh.”
She walked first and sit in on the couch. Her father sit at the single couch while the girl sit in front her. 
“Alright. Eunji-ah, this is Miss Oh Hayoung your lecturer and Miss Oh, this is my daughter, Jung Eunji.”
Eunji have a are-you-kidding-me look and look at her father. Her father smiled and nodded.  She stand up before bow a little to her lecturer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter