Mistake

NEMO&DORY collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's break up" Eunji said with expressionless face.  

"W-what?" Chorong is shocked. Who doesn't? They've been together for 5 year. 5 Fuxking year. They never had a major argument that lead them to break up. 

"I said let's break up" Eunji stand up. She started walkout from the cafe. The cafe they first met, their first date, their first kiss, their first silly argument.. And their first break up. Basically, the cafe is the start of their love story. 

"Eunji-ah!" Chorong ran out and chase Eunji. She grab Eunji's arm and harshly turn the girl around. 

The cold and pale face greets her, she cupped Eunji's face with trembling hand. 

"Eunji-ah.. W-what happen to you? Did you fall out love with me? D-did I do something wrong?" She gently caressed Eunji's cheek. 

Eunji take Chorong hand while shaking her head. "Please Chorong-ah... Don't make it hard for me? L-lets break up. Let's not see each other anymore"

"But tell me why?!!" Chorong scream. She didn't care about the people who started to gather around them recording videos. 

Eunji take a deep breath and firmly hold Chorong face. "Park Chorong. We have to break up. I'm sorry." She gave her a peck and walk away ignoring Chorong desperate call. 


------------------------------

A month has passed..

Chorong was like a walking corpse. Eunji gone missing, nobody knew where is she even her own manager and bestfriends.

A day after their breakup, entertainment industries was shock by their breakup and Eunji decided to quit singing and acting.

It's been a month, and the reporter still chasing her to know the truth about their breakup. Everybody curious about what happen to the couple including Chorong. She want to know what’s happen to make Eunji break up their relationship.

Every single day, she kept asking herself whether she did any wrong. She forgot to eat, can't sleep, and lost her herself. She wasn't Park Chorong, the happy pill people know, she is Park Chorong, a walking corpse. 

She stopped going to practice and just sit at their shared house. Waiting for Eunji to come. Eunji's belonging is still there, and she's hoping and still believe that Eunji will come back one day and she want to be there to greet her.

Today is like just the other day, Chorong will sit on the couch and watch their moment that they recorded on special day. She played the video on her laptop. It's almost noon when her doorbell ring. 

Ding dong 

She first ignored the doorbell knowing it must be her member. And they'll usually just walk away after three time ring the doorbell knowing she need to be alone. 

But today, the doorbell ring for the fourth time. Make her think that it's maybe Eunji. She run to the front and open the door. 

She was disappointed but shock to see Naeun, the new actress. Naeun and Eunji once being gossiped together when they act in a drama. And that's also the cause of her first argument with Eunji.

"Annyeonghasaeyo Chorong-ssi." Naeun bow. Chorong also bow. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo. What are you doing here?" Chorong ask. She never talk to Naeun before. 

"I come here to pick Eunji's belonging. May I?" Chorong shocked. 

"Eunji's? Why? Is she with you? Why did she's with you?" Chorong bombarded with question. 

Naeun being a cold person she is just push Chorong shoulder and walk into the house. Chorong ran after her and spread her arm in front of Naeun. 

"Move" Naeun said. 

"No. Not until you tell me why you need Eunji's thing"
Chorong sharpen her stare toward Naeun. Naeun is afraid but she hide it with her cold face. Only God know how her heartbeat at the moment.

Naeun sigh. "Hey Chorong-ssi. I'm here just following order from Eunji. She asked me to take her things. Now, can you please kindly show me her room?" Naeun voice soften knowing the persistent girl in front of her won't let her take Eunji’s belonging without any explaination.

"I-is she with you?" Chorong’s arm drop to her side. 

"Yes. She's with me. We're together now." Naeun said in one breath. It's hard for her to lie but it was Eunji's order. 

Chorong tear drops. She nodded weakly and walk into the room followed by Naeun. 

"Her clothes on right side. Underwear in first drawer. I'll take her luggage. Oh, don’t forget to lock the door on your way out" Chorong said. Her trembling voice is really obvious. She then take out a blue luggage from under the bed and give it to Naeun. 

"Don't you wanna pack it for her? For the last time?" Naeun know it's silly for her to ask this but she has to. It's the last time after all...maybe. 

Chorong wipe her tear and shooked her head. She then grab her coat and handbag. Ready to go out for the first time after their break up. 

"Hey Chorong-ssi. It's cold outside. Here. Have my scarf" Naeun wrap the red scarf around Chorong's neck. 

'It's smell like Eunji' 

Chorong said to herself before mumbled a thanks. She then walk out leaving Naeun alone packing Eunji's thing. She didn’t know that its really belong to Eunji.

"Follow her" Naeun said to someone she call right after Chorong walk out.

Somewhere on the outskirt of town.. 


"Have you take my things?"

"Yeah. Here. All in here"

"How's she?"

"Truthfully, she wasn't Park Chorong, the beautiful idol that everyone admire anymore. She lost weight, eye bags , messy hair, her house is nowhere near clean.  You know what? You're the most stupid person I know, unnie."

"I know. I hurt her"

"Yes! You practically murder her! She can't live without you, you know it! Yet, you leave her!"

"I'm dying, Naeun-ah!! I can't let her look at me with her sad eyes. I cant see her crying. Its break my heart.”

"I know! But that doesn't mean you have to hurt her that way!"

"I know what im doing! *sigh… Just.. Get out Naeun-ah.. "

"But unnie.. "

"Get out!!" Eunji scream with all her might. Vein clearly seen on her neck and forehead. Added with her red face.

Naeun walk out from the room with tear in her eyes. Regret all over her face. 

"Whatever you want.  I'm gonna tell her" she said to herself. But before she can walk away, her arm was grabbed by someone. 


"Hayoungie?" Naeun was shock. Her girlfriend was here. She cant let Hayoung know about Eunji’s condition. She's the only one who suppose to know about it. Hayoung is Chorong's best friend. She might tell Chorong about it. 

"Follow me" Hayoung coldly said. By her voice, Naeun know she angry. 

They sit at the cafeteria. Naeun just keep quiet knowing she's at fault. 

"Naeun-ah, tell me why my best friend come at my house at her worse state telling you're in relationship with Eunji unnie?!" Hayoung maybe look like the calmest person, but people said, don’t judge a book by its cover. Hayoung is a very possessive and easy to jealous person.

"Hayoung-ah.. Let me explain" Seeing Hayoung nodded. Naeun tell her the truth. 

Hayoung eyes watered hearing Naeun explanation. Naeun smile weakly and give her lover a kiss on her forehead. 

"I love you, you know it.. I won't cheat on you" Naeun reassured her. Hayoung nodded and wipe her tear. 

"So, it's Eunji unnie in the room? I'm a terrible friend.. I don't even know she's dying yet I accuse her cheating with you" Hayoung sobbed. Naeun quickly stand up and engulf her in a tight hug. 

"Let's meet her. Let her know her decision to break up is not right." Naeun hold Hayoung hand and clean up her face with her hand.

They enter Eunji's room. Eunji's shock to see Hayoung together with Naeun. 

After a few hour talking, crying, and coaxing Eunji to tell the truth, Eunji stay with her decision. To endure her pain alone. She didn't want to burden people who she loves. Its enough with only Naeun and Hayoung who know.


They decided to call it a day and leave Eunji. The ride home is never been quit than today. They usually will joke around and flirting to each other everytime they met. Naeun is driving while Hayoung sit beside her staring to the outside. 


--------------------------------


It's been two week since Naeun first and last visit. Chorong decided to move on. She started to come to the company and practice to dance. She  love dancing because she said it can help her release her stress.

Today, a scrip from a new drama come to her manager desk. The drama will shoot at foreign country, New Zealand. She didn't hesitate to accept it and confirm the director that she's in to act. Her comeback in a new drama become a hit topic and the netizen guess she's over Eunji now. 

A few days later,she’s now at the airport with her manager to fly to New Zealand. Suddenly, she got a call from unknown number. 

"Hello?"

"...."

"Hello? Who's there?

"Chorong-ah.. "

Hearing the voice that she love, she shocked and froze. 

"Chorong-ah.. Thank you, for get over me. I'm not deserve your love. Or anyone love. I hope you found a new lover who can love you more than me."

Chorong is shock, didn't realise her tear fall one by one. 

“im sorry..” 

Tuttt.... 

"Eunji-ah... " Chorong call but the call has ended. Her manager who sit beside her give her a tissue. 

"She call?" Chorong nodded. Her manager just keep quiet. She really shocked to know that Eunji break up with Chorong after being together for 5 years. She know why Eunji call Chorong because the girl already explain why she break up with Chorong over a month ago. 

Flashback

Manager unnie is reading the contract between Chorong and the producer about the new drama when her telephone ringing.
‘eunji is calling..’
She pick it up immedietly.
“hello unnie, long time no see”
“yes we are. What the hell are you doing eunji-ah?”
“unnie, im sorry. Im… im dying unnie. I have a tumor in my head, and the operation is just in two weeks. That’s why I broke up with her. I don’t want her to be sad on me. You know, how much I hate to see her cry.”
“eunji-ah..why.. why you didn’t tell us?”
“I don’t want to troubling you guys. Please take care of her, unnie. For me.”#
“I will, don’t worry Eunji-ah.. the tumor.. *sniff how big is it?”
“I think its pretty big. My doctor said the chances for me to survive is forty percent. And if I even survive… I will forget everything.”
“oh god….”
“so, can I have a last wish?”
“just tell me anything, ill do it for you”
“I want to talk to her, for the last time”
“sure, ill give you her number. Were going to  fly to NZ in two days. i hope you survive from the surgery,Eunji-ah.. and come back to me so I can hit your head to retrive your memory” Eunji chucking hearing manager unnie joke eventhough both of them is wet with tears.
 
Flashback ended

 

"Attention to the passenger for the flight to Hokkaido, Hawaii, New Zealand and Hong Kong, the flights were postponed due to the bad weather. Sorry for the inconvenience." 


Chorong release a deep sigh. Somewhere deep in her heart want to find Eunji and ask the truth. She stand up followed by her manager to their car. The fan inside the airport is so many. She need to hired the security more than usual to lead her back. 

She enter the car with her manager. Once she enter the car she notice a figure at the back. 

Son Naeun. 

"Hey Chorong-ssi. We meet again"

"Hey, it's my car. What are you doing here? How can you get it?"

"Your manager let me."

"Unnie?" Chorong turn to her manager.  Her manager give a weak smile and drove away. She frown. 

"What do you want?" Chorong ask. 

"You'll see when we arrive." 

The car drove through the highway and Chorong knew it's not the way to her house. But she keep quiet. Naeun also just keep quiet while playing her phone.  Suddenly, Naeun's phone ring and she pick it up. 

"Hello,Hayoung-ah?" Chorong shock to hear her bestfriend name. 

"What?! Okay. We're coming". Naeun face turn to worried one. 

"Unnie, drive faster. It's emergency!" Manager unnie nodded and push the pedal. 

"What happen? You know Hayoung?" Chorong ask while searching for something to hold since the car is moving at the fast speed.

"I'll explain later. Now we need to arrive faster. Eunji unnie... " Naeun can't finish her sentence since she chocked on her tear. She already move to the seat beside chorong after she received the call.

"Eunji? What happen to her?"

Sreett.... 

The car stop in front of the specialist hospital. Chorong ran out follow by Naeun and her manager. She just follow both of them running into the open elevator. 

She was curious to know about what happen. But seeing Naeun crying and her manager tried to coax her, she felt left out. She feel weird, since when Naeun befriend with Hayoung and now, her manager?

Ting! 

The elevator open at the ICU and OR floor. Chorong feel uneasy. 

She saw Hayoung and Eunji's mom in front of OR. The light still red showing the operation still on going. 

"Chorong-ah... Come here darling" eunji’s mom open her arm to the cluelest Chorong. 

She walk beside her and accept the hug without any word. She still on the air.. Not knowing what happen but she knew it about Eunji. 

"Chorong-ah.. Listen to omma okay?" Chorong nodded. She call her omma even because she is an orphan. After Eunji ask her to be her girlfriend, she call her omma since shes the one who ask her to.

"Eunji's in the room. The doctor is trying to save her."

"S-save her?"

"Yes darling, a week before she break up with you, the doctor found a tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter