Misunderstanding

NEMO&DORY collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chorong is sitting on the couch with the tv on and her phone in her hand. She tried to reach her wife for almost one hour now because it’s getting late, and her wife is not home yet. Usually, she will sleep first since she knew her wife is a workaholic and will not arrived home till the clock show 12.00 am. But today, she felt weird because her wife acts weirdly since this morning. She woke up late than usual and not touching her breakfast that she prepared before running out from their house.

They get married after 5 years dating each other, and they have been happy since then. They’re going to celebrate their third anniversary in a couple of months, but they’ve been arguing a lot. Mostly, it was because Eunji’s company is going to open a new branch at Japan and Eunji is busy attending meetings and paperwork that make she come home late and always going out early. It’s been a month since Chorong last prepared the breakfast for Eunji. It’s always Eunji who cook their breakfast before she goes to work and will come later after Chorong was asleep. Chorong try to wake up earlier to prepared for their breakfast, but Eunji already gone when she woke up.

It also has been a week since Eunji come home reek of alcohol and smelling another woman’s perfume. Chorong also once found a lipstick stain at her collar when she did the laundry. She wants to ask Eunji about it but she didn’t see her wife almost three days now. Every time she woke up, she only smells Eunji’s perfume which she bought to her and a plate of breakfast. She will get ready and eat her breakfast before going to her bakery which close at 8.00pm. After a day handling her bakery, she will go back home and do the chores. She’s tired from working and will fell asleep before Eunji come home.

Today, she was determined to wait for Eunji to come home because she already closed her bakery today and sleep all evening to keep awake tonight. She also has a cup of coffee to keep her awake in case she felt sleepy. But after midnight, she begins to get worried because Eunji didn’t come home yet. She already calls the security and he said that her wife already goes out around 10.00 pm. The distance between the office and their house is just 15-minute drive away. Her wife’s phone is off, and she already call Eunji’s bestfriend, Bomi a while ago but her phone also off.

She turns her gaze to the tv and watch the midnight news. She smiles when she saw her wife face, the reporters were interviewing her about her project in Japan. From the interview, Chorong know that the project almost finishes and just wait till the opening ceremony. Chorong frown, ‘if the project is almost finish, why she still come back home late? Even later than usual’. Chorong felt her heart break when the thought of Eunji cheating across her mind but she quickly gets rid of it.

She glanced at the clock when she hears the door open and closed. It almost 2.00 am. Eunji walked inside the living room and shocked when she saw her wife at the couch.

“Hey, why are you not sleeping yet?” Eunji put her coat and bag at the coffee table and sit beside her. She kissed her cheek and put her head on Chorong’s shoulder. Chorong closed her eyes when she smells the perfume, not the one she bought.

“Where have you been?” Chorong ask. Her voice was cold and distant. Eunji who heard her slowly raise up her head and look at Chorong, but Chorong keep looking at the tv.

“I’m working” Eunji answer. Still confused why her wife act like that.

Chorong sigh and she turn to look at Eunji. She stares at her wife from her eyes to her nose, lips, jawline, and her collarbone. Eunji open the two buttons of her shirt make Chorong saw her collarbone, and something… red.

“Yah Jung Eunji, WHAT IS THIS?!” Chorong pull Eunji collar make her choke.

“W-what?” Eunji ask. She was holding Chorong’s hand to make sure she’s wont choked to death.

Chorong eyes widen when she saw clearly it was a lipstick mark. She roughly pulls Eunji and open her button, taking off Eunji’s shirt leaving her with her bra only.

“Chorong-ah?! What’s wrong with you?!” Eunji shouted but Chorong just look at her shirt and turn to look at her.

“What’s wrong with me? You ask me what is wrong with me?! I’M THE ONE WHO SHOULD ASK YOU THAT! What’s wrong with you? Are you cheating on me?” Chorong look at Eunji with her eyes full of tears.

“Hey…” Eunji can’t finish her words when Chorong shoved her shirt.

“Explain to me then. Why there are lipstick stain on your shirt? It’s already two time I saw it, Eunji.” Chorong wipes the tear escaped from her eyes.

Eunji eyes soften when she saw her wife crying. But then, she frowns.

“I-I don’t know Chorong-ah…”

“How come you don’t know when the lipstick is on your shirt Eunji-ah” Chorong scoffed.

“I-I…”

“I’m asking you once more, are you cheating on me?” Chorong turn to her, her gaze hardens.

“What?! Of course, no! I love you! I won’t do it to you” Eunji move closer to hug Chorong but Chorong move away.

“I heard the news, your new company in Japan is almost finish and as far as I know, that’s the only big project that you are handling. Why are you still come home late? It’s been a week, every time you come home, I smell alcohol and another perfume which is not yours. I’m not sleeping the entire time, you know. I was awake every time you come back home.” Chorong slowly said.

“I-I… I’m sorry… I didn’t know you’re waiting for me.” Eunji look down to her feet.

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“I-I…” Eunji play with her fingers, not knowing what to say.

“Okay then. You don’t want to answer me, sleep on the couch till you want to answer me.” Chorong push Eunji and stand-up walking to their room. Eunji run to the room but Chorong slam the door shut. She knocks the door while calling for Chorong.

“THANK GOD, BABY..!” Chorong open the door and throw out the pillow and blanket to Eunji. Eunji didn’t get to finish her words when the pillow hit her face.

“Chorong-ah… I’m sorry. Please let me in?” Eunji knock again but she got a loud thud on the door as answer.

“Okay… goodnight and sleeptight,baby” Eunji said once more before dragging her feet to the couch.

“Haish… Yoon Bomi you’re dead” Eunji said before laying down on the couch.

And for the first time after got married, they sleep apart in one house.

 

 

The next morning, Eunji woke up and found Chorong was gone. She decided to skip her work for today and stay at home. She needs to clear things up before they got worse. She loves her wife with all her heart and will never cheat on her. She enters their shared room and take off the shirt from last night.

“Haish… stupid lipstick.” Eunji put her shirt on the washing machine together with other dirty clothes. She decided to clean up their house before going out meeting her bestfriend, Bomi.

After taking her breakfast which is only a cup of coffee and cereal since Chorong didn’t cook for her and she was lazy, she cleans up the house. She started with their room but didn’t have anything to clean up since she knew, Chorong is an organized person and will clean up the mess as soon as possible. She moves to her work room and sigh… her desk was a mess because she didn’t have time to clean it up and she didn’t allow Chorong to enter her work room because she don’t want her things get messed up. After an hour, she finally walks out from the room and sigh in relief. The kitchen and living room also clean from any dusk except the couch. She folds her blanket and stack it on neatly on the pillow. She then takes a bath and get ready to go to her bestfriend house.

“Ahh… It’s been a while since I visit Chorong’s bakery.” Eunji said and turn the signal to stop at her wife bakery. Since she was busy, she didn’t have time to pay a visit.

She parks her car behind Chorong’s car and walk out from her car. Her car and Chorong’s is the same type but different color since it was their wedding gifts from their parents. She locks her car and enter the bakery. Since it was working time, there’s only a few customers inside. The worker greet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter