psycho

NEMO&DORY collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The audience holler when they saw their idol walking to the center of the stage.

“Hello everyone, I’m Jung Eunji, at your service” she jokes and bow with her hand on her stomach.

“Today, I’ll choose one person to sing the first song with me. Under your seat, there’s a paper bag with some souvenir and a ball with number. I’ll pick out only one number from this box.” The audience hold the ball in their hands.

“Okay, the number is… 1… 125!” The people murmur and look around…

“Ah, the ball is randomly put inside the paper bag. So, 125 ball maybe at the front, back, or second floor. So, anyone?” Eunji look around. The staff also walk round to search for it.

Then…

“ME!” A girl stands up while waving her hand and ball. The staff quickly ran to her and her to the stage.

After a quick introduction. They both start to sing ‘Hopefully sky’. Surprisingly, the girl’s voice is good and they both sing it perfectly.

Eunji whispered something to the girl’s ear after they ended the song and the girl walk to the backstage. Eunji continue her concert but the girl… no one have ever seen her again…

 

 

Flyers of missing person is scattered on the street. The news of a singer, Jung Eunji is in wanted list for abduction is everywhere. Both of their picture is scattered around South Korea. Police doing roadblocks almost every day. Eunji’s manager has been searching around all her most favorite place, her parent’s house and all the places that she owns. It’s been a month and his work are at stake since the CEO put all the blames on his shoulder and give him three months to find her or get any clue at where she might be. But he didn’t get any information from his private investigator or the cops. Both families didn’t get any call or text for money or threat. If Eunji really abducted the girl, they knew she didn’t need money since she has a lot of it.

Today is another restless place for all people’s related to Eunji and the girl. Her manager once again goes to her house just in case she come back. Manager Soo inserted the key and push the door. He ducked under the police yellow line. He enters her room and it doesn’t change since she gone. He walks to her bathroom and look around before he goes into her guess room. He looks around for any odd things before close the room. He walks to the living room and sat on the couch. He fished out his phone and open the chat room between him and Eunji.

‘Eunji, where are you? please come back home, we’re worried sick about you. You know that I’ll always be with you right? PLEASE… COME BACK…’

He types and send it. He knows that all the text is left unread, but he still sends it every day without miss because he wants Eunji know that he is always be right at her back. He knows her and he know that she won’t do anything stupid. He felt something wrong with all the things happen. He remembered it clearly that he was the one that assist the girl at backstage and after the concert, Eunji and the girl talk a little bit before they both lead the girl out from the room. Eunji stay a little bit for after party at her dressed room with the dancer and band. They all separated after the party is over and he send Eunji to her car. She insisted that she want to drive on her own and suggested him to follow her car if he afraid that she will go somewhere else. He did follow her until her apartment building and see her walk out and wave goodbye to him before he drove off. And that was the last time he saw her before she went missing the same day as another girl that coincidentally became her duet that night, Son Naeun.

He was startled when someone tap his shoulder. He turns and saw Inspector Park, the police officer that in charge with the case. He bows and gestured the police officer to the seat Infront of him.

“Hey Mr. Manager, how are you?”

“Hello Inspector, I’m good.”

“What are you doing here? You know that this house is banned from people, right?”

“Y-Yes… I’m sorry… but I still don’t believe that Eunji would do such things! She was like my baby sister, you know…”

“I understand… I didn’t expect her to do things like this too you know… I want to tell you something but let it be our little secret okay?”

Manager Soo shifted in his seat to look at inspector Park better.

“What is it?”

“Actually, I’m her fan too. I was at the concert that night and I was shocked when my chief said that she was missing along with Naeun-ssi. This is not the secret I want to tell you, it’s another thing.”

“What is it?” Inspector Park seem reluctant to say it but then, she exhaled and smile softly.

“I and Eunji… is in a relationship.” Inspector Park close her eyes and mentally count to three.

1…2…3!

“WHAT?!!” Manager Soo shouted. He stands up from the chair and rubbed his face.

“I’m sorry to keep it as a secret Manager Soo… It’s our decision to keep it as a secret. And I tell you about this today because I want you to know that… you’re not the only one who believe the bull that she abducted the girl.” Inspector Park sigh but her face seems fierce. Her eyes burning hole to the table in front of her before looking at Manager Soo.

“I’m…I’m speechless.” Manager Soo sighed. He sat down on the table in front of Chorong and stare right to her eyes.

“I heard that someone who has any relationship or related to the criminal or victims are not allowed to handle case. If it’s true, then you’re not qualified, right?” Manager Soo said.

“Yes”

“Then… why’re you telling me this? I could tell your chief and you won’t be able to handle this case anymore” Manager Soo said.

“I told you this because I know, we’re on the same boat. I’m here to help Eunji. You too. And both of us is in the same boat, which is we believed that she’s innocent and this case has lack of evident to prove that Eunji do it.”
Inspector Park said.

Manager Soo nodded and held out his hand, asking for handshake.

“Okay, I trusted you. I hope we can help Eunji and find out where she is” Manager Soo smile when Inspector Park accepted his handshake.

“Please, just call me Chorong.”
“Then call me, Oppa or Manager Oppa, Or my name… anything you want”
“Alright, thanks Oppa for believing me. And I hope this will be forever our secret”

“Okay, I promise.”

 

 

A week later…

Chorong enter Eunji’s house with manager Soo behind her. They left their shoes on the door and close the door.

“Oppa, do you feel what I felt whenever I enter the house?” Chorong said. She was walking to around the living room and staring at the trophy shelf. She wears her glove and take out a trophy. Eunji’s first win trophy.

 

“What kind of feeling? The feeling of she’s near and like she was around us? Hahahaha… it’s creepy but I do felt it too. That’s why I always come to this house. I felt like something is wrong in this house. But I really can pinpoint what is it” Chorong turn around after put the trophy back to its place.

“Oppa, do you know which room did she prefer to sit when she’s alone? I know my team already look around the house and maybe, just maybe we overlook some part of this house”

“You’re right. But you don’t know her favorite place in this house?” Manager Soo asked.

“Hehehe, I rarely come to this house, she was afraid that you found out about us. So, she opted to come to my house every time we want to meet.” Chorong grinned.

“I don’t know it either but every time I come here; she would always be inside her small library. Wanna check her library?”
“Sure” Chorong stand up after putting her cops cap on the coffee table and let her hair down.

“Ah, it’s so hot today”

“Wow, you’re pretty, no wonder Eunji like you” Manager Soo joked before leaving the red Chorong at the living room.

They enter the room and Chorong saw many books about music and a few books about psychology. She knew that Eunji sometimes got depressed and she will read the book on how to overcome it. They both look around and saw nothing unusual.

“Nothing weird” Manager Soo said. Chorong nodded and turn around. When she turns around, her arm hit the shelf and coincidently a book fall. The loud thud makes they both turn and saw the book open with a small red button on it. Chorong widen her eyes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter