Game

NEMO&DORY collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji is bored to death. She’s been laying on the hospital bed for a few days now. She can’t go for a walk because of her broken leg. She just woke up from 2 days knock out after got hit by a car when she was on her way back home. The doctor said that her injuries is not severe but her body is in shock make she passed out for two day.

Knock knock

“Eunji unnie? How are you?” Naeun open the door slowly. When she saw Eunji was sitting while looking at her, she smile sheepishly and enter the room while holding a few bags.

“oh Naeun-ah, I’m good. Are you alone? Where’s Hayoung?” Eunji adjust her position to be more comfortable to talk to Naeun.

“oh, Hayoung is going to the toilet. She’ll be here later.” Naeun said while take out a few container from the bag.

“oh, what did you bring?” Eunji ask when she smell the food aroma.

“well, you know that I’m not a good cook, Hayoung too, so..”

“you buy it? Oh where?”

“no.. I...”

“you watch YouTube and cook? Oh no thanks, even though the smell is delicious, I didn’t believe you two to cook”

“Unnie! Can you please stop cutting what I want to say?!” Naeun slammed her hand on the table make Eunji gulped.

“Sorry.. I just want to messed up with you” Eunji grinned and scratch her head.

Just then, Hayoung enter the room.

“Hi, unnie! How are you feeling?” Hayoung sit on the chair beside Eunji bed and put the bag on the floor.

“I’m good. The doctors said I can go home in a couple of day.” Eunji said with an eye smile.

“Have you eaten?” Hayoung ask when she saw the food container still unopen.

“I want to tell her that this is my cousin who cook it but she keep cutting what I say. Then you enter.” Naeun said and open the container lids. She bring the table closer to Eunji by pulling it.

“your cousin? Who?” Eunji ask. She looks at the food in front of her like a hyena because she didn’t eat her lunch yet.

“if I tell you, you don’t know her. She’s my cousin from Busan. It’s been several years since I last met her.” Naeun explained. She give a pair of chopstick and a spoon to Eunji.

“Well, tell her thank you then.” Eunji said and start to scoop the rice.

“Well, you can tell her personally later when we met. I planned to make a party for my engagement.” Naeun show her hand where a small diamond ring were placed.

uhukk!!

Eunji choke on her rice when she saw it. Hayoung take a glass of water and gave it to the still coughing Eunji while rubbing her back.

“Naeun-ah, it’s not a way to tell the news.” Hayoung said while patting Eunji’s back.

“Ehhem… are you serious?” Eunji ask.

Seeing both of them nodded make Eunji mentally sigh.

‘all my friends already settle down but me… there’s no shadow of anyone who I can call mine’

“unnie, are you okay?” Naeun ask worried about the face changes.

“Congratulations! I’m happy for you guys!” Eunji quickly smile and open her arms.

Naeun and Hayoung went to the both side of Eunji and hug her.

“Okay, enough. I’m hungry. Let me eat in peace can you” Eunji joked and pick up her spoon to resume her lunch.

“Hmm.. it’s so delicious!” Eunji burped and wipe with the tissue. Hayoung is helping Naeun to clean up the table.

“It is, well, my cousin is a chef. She own a restaurant back in Busan and now, she’s trying to open a new restaurant in Seoul. That’s why she stay in our apartment for a few months. And, I ask her help to cook for you cause I know how much you despise hospital food.” Naeun said putting the container inside the bag.

“I see, tell her that I said thanks and the food is superb. If she happen to open the restaurant, I’ll be her regular customer.” Eunji said. Naeun nodded and sit on the bedside, while Hayoung sit on the chair beside the bed facing Eunji.

“Unnie, I got your things from the hospital. Here your wallet, watch, your necklace and in this bag is your ruined clothes.” Hayoung pull out the item and handed it to Eunji. Luckily, her watch is not cracked or she’ll be very devastated. Her watch is precious to her because her mother gave it to her. Eunji wear the necklace and put her watch and wallet in the drawer beside the bed.

“Thank you, Hayoung-ah.. but where is my phone?” Eunji raised her eyebrows. She saw Naeun and Hayoung look at each other and Naeun nodded.

“Well, unfortunately, your phone is broken. Your phone was crash by the tires after fell down. You’re lucky that it’s not you who got crash by the tires.” Hayoung explained.

“But…. Tadaa!!” Naeun lift the bag with apple logo in front of Eunji.

“Woah!! You buy me a new phone?” Eunji gasped and reach for the bag.

“Yeah, we buy it with our money.” Hayoung said. Eunji unwrap the box and take out the phone. The same model like she used before.

“We decided to buy just a same model like yours because it easier for you to use.” Hayoung said.

“Thank you so much.. Woah.. Finally, I’ll not feeling bored anymore after this.” Eunji already turn on the phone and explore.

“This is your new simcard, I already registered it.” Eunji take the simcard and put it in the phone. It take a few minute before she can use the internet.

in a heartbeat, Eunji open the appstore and download a few games. Hayoung and Naeun were talking on the couch to let Eunji download a few app that she need.

“Hayoung-ah, do you have suggestion? I want to download a new game” Eunji suddenly lift up her head and look at Hayoung.

“hmm,…. Ah! I have one. Let me install it for you.” Hayoung take the phone and began typing. She waited for a few minute before Eunji and Naeun heard the game music.

“This game is called Plato. You can play with your friends or with stranger. I already add a few friend. Bomi unnie, Namjoo, me and Chorong unnie” Hayoung handed the phone to Eunji and move to sit beside Eunji.

“oh? Naeun didn’t play this game?” Eunji look at Naeun.

“No, I’m too busy managing the café and I don’t have time” Naeun said shrugging her shoulder.

“Aigoo…. You know right that the café is stable enough to stand on its own?” Eunji ask. Naeun is working with her in her café. Even though Naeun can’t cook, but she can manage the café well. Eunji let Naeun handle the café at the east side of Seoul, while she handle another one at the west side.

Naeun just smile saying nothing.

“Unnie, let’s play together.” Hayoung said. She already hold her phone.

“Okay, you choose” Eunji also hold her phone getting ready to play.

“oh, Naeunie, come here. Let’s play together. Hayoung move to the chair beside the bed and pull Naeun to sit on her lap. She circled her hand around Naeun back hugging her and tap on the phone.

Eunji just smile at their interaction and turn to look at her phone back.

 

 

Eunji tap on her phone, it was 2 in the morning and she can’t sleep because she already sleeps too much at day. She open the Plato game and look for her friend that she can play with.

ChoLong is online

Eunji saw Chorong is online. She has play with the girl before with Hayoung and already know each other.

MeungJi : let’s play Mini Golf!

Eunji wait for a few second before Chorong enter the game.

Chorong started.

ChoLong : why’re you still awake?

Eunji play her turn before reply the chat.

MeungJi : can’t sleep, I’ve sleep for a few hours this evening.

ChoLong : Ahh… I see.

Because of Eunji still new to the game, she ended lost to Chorong.

ChoLong : Yes, I win!

MeungJi : Hahaha, congrats. Btw, why’re you still awake?

ChoLong : I was doing some paperwork for my restaurant and want to relax a bit. Then, you came

MeungJi : Ahh… I see.

ChoLong : Let’s play another game

MeungJi : okay, but teach me, please?

ChoLong : No problem.

MeungJi ; Thank you!

ChoLong : you’re welcome..

They played the game till they feel sleepy and after bidding each other goodbye and goodnight, they both sleep.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A few day later, Eunji can go back home. She had to use the wheelchair and cruch to walk. Bomi and Namjoo fetch her and send her to her apartment. Eunji and Naeun live in a same apartment's complex and Naeun apartment is just infront of her own.

"Eunji-ah, we're sorry but we need to go. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter