Close to you

Saving Kim Jae Joong's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12: Close to you
POV: Lee Yeon Hee

-ONE week later-

“So what are we going to do tonight?” I ask Mr. Kim Jae Joong as we were walking along the buildings’ lobby. We we’re holding each other hands. My head was resting on his shoulders. We were talking about stuffs and laughing at the same time. Though I can’t see them, I can feel peoples’ eyes were on us.

We stop as we we’re near the elevator… waiting. He looks at me, smiling then his eyes look in upward direction. “Hmm… Of course, we will sleep. That’s what a normal people do at night right?” I glared at him and punch him on his chest. He let go of my hand and curled. “Ouch. I was just kidding!” He said breathlessly as he was chuckling.

Ding.

The elevators’ door opened wide. We enter and we were alone. He pressed the 15th floor.

I laugh. “Then, if we’re going to sleep. Can I sleep on your room?” I ask grinning at him. Then my evil conscience is convincing me that I was seducing my husband. Which is a part of me agrees. “We’re married right? So there’s no problem with that.”

Ding.

That was fast. REALLY fast as if it was like just a blink of the eye. And it’s quite a miracle; nobody dares to ride the elevator too. The door opened again. We step outside and walk.

“Okay. As you wish. I’ll sleep on your room instead.” He blurted a laugh. My eyebrows were getting wrinkly. “That is a joke again.” He continued with a cackle. I pout. That’s not the answer I want to hear. I fell silent, as I put a gap between us. I sigh as we keep on walking. I can almost see the room. Afterwards, I feel his hands reaching for mine then he entwined it. I look at him, he face me back with a smile. “I thought you’d never ask.”

I tiptoed and kissed him on his forehead in addition to, I hug him. after a few seconds, I pull back, “so what’s for dinner.” I ask gleefully.

“How about eating out?”

“But… wouldn’t it be fun, if you cooked and have a candlelit dinner at home?”

“We’ll see…” He said in a gloomy manner. I huff loudly. “Okay. Okay. I’ll cook. Just don’t do that, you’re making me an awful husband.” Omo! I won again. Ha-ha. I pinch his cheeks, he had this weird face.

“Aren’t you a lovable couple?” an old man’s voice suddenly interferes. We both look at him. It was director Lee, smiling at us. I pull my hands downward then I held his again. I felt embarrass. Tee-hee. We bow in front of him. Then he just nods and enters the conference room.

“I guess the meeting would start in a few seconds. Good luck.”
“So I’ll see you around?” he asks.

“Yup. As you get out of that room, I’ll be here waiting for you.”

“Okay.” He said as he slowly removes his hands away from mine. I wiggle mine in front of him, as he goes inside. The door suddenly banged against the wall. I shrug. Gad. I shook my head. Someone might accidentally slam the door.

I heave a sigh again. What should I do, now that I’m alone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POV: Kim Jae Joong

“Meeting adjourned.” Director Lee says. I bow in front of everybody and smiled at my seatmate—Han Hyo Joo. Then I dash outside. As I walk along the hallway, my eyes wander searching for Yeon Hee. Where is she? I thought she’s going to wait for me? I pluck my phone from my pocket, still walking then I dialed her number.

Few rings, she finally answered. “Hello?” She said her voice was a little bit choppy. I can hear reverberation of the winds. I bet she’s on the rooftop.

“Whe---”

My sentence got cut and my eyes grew bigger when I heard her moderately scream, followed by her “damn it.” then my call suddenly hung up. I rush on the nearest elevator as I push up button.

I tap my right foot on the floor consecutively. How long does an elevator takes to get here? I’m getting impatient.

Aish! I scratch my head and push the door of the fire exit. Thank heavens, this building only have 25 stories, so that means I’ll only climb ten more floors. I started to run.

*pant*

*pant*

*pant*

Wah! I stop. Based on my observation, I only have one staircase to run. I’m getting tired. I’m dragging my feet upstairs. I could almost see the light. I gasp for air. I know stairs are good for the heart, but this could also be a cause of my own death, over fatigue because the elevator took so long to my rescue. Ten floors weren’t funny. It was hell. I push the heavy door, with all my might. Only to find out, Yeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter