Here comes the PRIDE

Saving Kim Jae Joong's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10:Chapter 10: Here comes the PRIDE
POV: Lee Yeon Hee

“Are you really sure you don’t want me to you?” Geun Suk-shi asks for the tenth time.

I shook my head frantically and say “I’m okay. I can take care of myself.” I said, trying to convince him, just to let me escape this conversation which last for about thirty minutes already.

“Okay.” He finally gave up and huff. We saw a taxi speeding around the road. He raised his hand and hailed it. The taxi stopped in front of us. He abruptly hugs me and says, “Thanks. I hope we can hang out soon again.”He released his hands around my body and he kissed me on my cheeks. My heart starts to pound again. He never did that before. It kind of bothers me. But… I like it? No. no. no. That is way impossible. I’m a married lady now. I just smile. I hope I won’t get that red-cheeks factor right now. He opens the door for me and I slid inside. “Bye.” He says and wave at me.

---

I open the door silently, but its creaking. I feel like I’m ransacking my own house. I tiptoe and saw Jae Joong-shi lying down. He looked at me with one eye open. He sat down and I greeted him cheerfully. “Hey.”

“Hi.” He answered as I remove my shoes. “So how was your day with Ara?” He continued as he was partially emphasizing the name Ara. Uh-oh. Am I just hallucinating or what? Does my mind playing tricks with me because I’m getting jitters?

“Fun? I guess” I answer vague. He went closer to me; it’s making me more nervous. I raise the paper bag and gave him my best grin, because I have this gut feeling that I won’t have the chance to smile at him later. “I bought you some sushi. For our snacks.”

“Thanks.” He replied and smile at me. I hand the paper bag at him and skip to my room. The sooner the better. I slam the door behind me. I look at myself in the mirror. Guilty. Guilty. I pull the drawer on my dresser. I get the box and draw out the ring. I place it on my ring finger.

I sigh. ‘Yeon Hee. Everything would be fine, if you haven’t lost---‘ I told myself. Then I realize something. What the?! Where’s the picture? I started throwing my stuff and search for the picture. I gulp. Uh-oh. Don’t tell me… I’ve lost it? Oh my god.

I open my door. I saw Jae Joong-shi at my door. He was squatting there. He tilts his head, our eyes met. I look at the paper he was holding onto. It’s the picture. I started to tremble. I don’t know what to do and say. He stood up and gave the picture to me and says, “You drop this.” His lips pursue a smile. Not the smile I’ve wanting to see. It hurts to see that.

“I-it’s not what you t-think. I-I can e-explain.” I said stuttering. But the truth is, I cannot explain it. I don’t know what words should I pick and say so that I couldn’t hurt him.

He sighed. I don’t know what’s the content of that sigh, he just heaved. I gulp. “You don’t need to explain. The picture says it all.” He said with such disdain, a glimpse of frown form on his face. “I lost my appetite. I’m not hungry anymore. You can eat by yourself, or ask Geun Suk to accompany you.” His head were bent down. He started to walk as I if I wasn’t here standing. I heard a slam, I shudder. Then I realized I was standing there stiffly.

Pang! I think a pan fell straight on my head. I’m confused, how does he know Geun Suk? What made me more confused is that, I felt a sting as I heard him say that and the fact that he didn’t even bother to look back at me.

I know that liking two people at the same time is wrong. But I can’t help it. I’m really confused. Geun Suk is the past; Jae Joong-shi is the future.

But we’re dealing on time and my feelings: it’s only PRESENT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV: Kim Jae Joong

-FIRST week-

“HYUNG!!! I’m warning you!” Changmin raised his right index finger almost pointing at me. “Don’t you dare touch my wife.”

“What wife?” I ask, though definitely I know the answer. Just testing the waters. *evil laugh* I open his so-called wife, and was surprised to see LOTS, LOADS, TONS of different food inside. “Whoa! Did you raid a grocery?” I never saw such FOODSSSSS on a refrigerator before. Take note of the ‘s’ on the foodssss. This is absurd! “Aha! This looks delicious. *evil laugh*” I get the bottle of Nutella and nod in approval. Yum! Yum! I look at Changmin, they way he look is fiercely; his teeth were chattering together. I twist the lid. Every move I take makes him twitchy. I walk towards his sink to get a spoon. I look at him first, and then I scoop a handful chocolate. I let my jaw drop. The spoon and my mouth are clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter