MISSING YOU

DOWNPOUR

 

 

 

 

 

Yewon release her heavy sigh as she sit on the couch in her apartment trying to catch up her breathe that she lost. She just runaway from the hospital where she was just admitted didn’t forget to left a letter to the sisters. Yewon just don’t want to burden anyone and she is pretty sure that Sinb’s older sister would like it if she is not there with them. 


She try to remember everything that just happen. She remember Eunha, the person that treat her wound. She know now that Eunha at the hospital is the same person that her Sojung unnie was meant ten years ago. Jung Eunha that was closed to her Sojung unnie and she never get to meet that Eunha since then. 


Yewon touch the wound on her face carefully. It hurts of course and she really hate to look at her face even more. She might need to explain everything to her uncle when he go back. She thought Jiwon will never know but right after she ran from the hospital, Jiwon’s secretary already called her telling her that Jiwon is coming back as soon as he can. Yewon try to explain to Jiwon about everything but Jiwon still insist to go back to Korea.

The most important for Jiwon is Yewon. Yewon is his priority and hearing that Yewon got beat up of course make he worry as hell.  Yewon lay on the couch wanting to take a rest. She just want to forget about everything for a while. She is too tired and hurt. Hurt from the punch that she received from Sinb’s older sister.

........……


“I’m sorry if I wake you up, I just need to treat your wound carefully” Yewon heard someone say to her. It’s Jiwon’s private nurse treating her in her sleep. Yewon awake because of the stings that she felt on her face. 


“I’m alright. Where’s uncle Jiwon?” Yewon ask the nurse and even before the nurse answer her, Jiwon already come closer to her coming from her kitchen bringing something on the tray.

 
“When did you arrived? I didn’t realize anything”
“About two hour ago. Who did this Yewon?” Jiwon ask. Directly.


“No one. It just misunderstand between me and someone”


“Don’t lie to me. This is my first time seeing you have this kind of wound. So now, please answer me who responsible for this?! I’m gonna sue and make that person regret doing this to you!” Jiwon say again. Seeing Yewon’s wound on her face and few cut around her lips make Jiwon almost gone crazy.

It really his first time seeing that and her really can’t accept it more over it’s Yewon his one and only niece. Just looking at Yewon’s condition, the girl is just look like get beaten up by some gang recently. But Yewon didn’t say any. She just keep shut, didn’t say anything about the person who beat her. 


“Did that girl do this to you? You with her right? Where is she now?! Even girl nowadays can’t be trust! Where is she?!”


“N--no ! It’s not Eunbi fault. She just didn’t involve any with this.She didn’t know anything about my wound, so please uncle, don’t ever contact her and telling her about this. Let’s just forget about this, I’m alright”


“Yewon, can you just look at yourself?! You completely get beaten up! Just be honest to me and let me know!”


“Uncle, please don’t force me. Let just forget about this,it’s my fault after all and I don’t want to talk about this again” 


“Please uncle! . I'm really alright so you dont have to worry about this!" Yewon say sternly. Signaling Jiwon that she is not gonna tell him anything. Jiwon release a sigh. A heavy one. He can’t win her. 


"I'm just worry about you Yewon"


"Can you answer me one question uncle?" Yewon ask. Ignoring Jiwon's question. 
"What is it?" 


"I really killed Sojung unnie right? With these two of my hands. I'm a killer right?" Yewon ask as her eyes start getting watery. 


"No, you are not! Full stop!" Jiwon answer shortly. 
"But i really did" 


"I already answer your question Yewon. And my answer is you are not. You never killed Sojung. And i really don't want to hear any that kind of words from your mouth again.!"


"I want to go back" Yewon say again.


"To where?" 


"To our villa. Let me just live there i miss being there. Let me please" Listening to Yewon's request make Jiwon shake his head slowly. He will never let Yewon go back to their villa. Because he know, Yewon will only get sad even more if she go back there. 


"Please uncle. I miss being there. At least there's a lot of happy memories that i can rewind back. I just to feel that place again" 


"No. Going back there will only make things getting worse. You will only remember everything again, and i don't want you to keep blaming yourself for what happen" 


Jiwon say. But Yewon still being stubborn. She want to come to there no matter what. A lot of her happy memories is there. Her happy memories that she made with her Sojung unnie and also her beloved parents. For Yewon she just want to feel that happiness back. Even just for a while. 


"Yewon. I just want you to forget everything. I really hope that you can forget about the pain that you felt. I've been said this to you for every single time that everything happen is not your fault. It's all fate Yewon-ah. Sojung will never like to see you being like this for the rest of your life. I believe that Sojung will be glad if you happy. Your parents and Sojung will never want to see you keep being sad for your whole life.

They want you to be happy. And me too. I want you to forget all of this and start a new fresh life Yewon. I miss your smile. Everyone miss your smile. I never heard your laugh ever since Sojung left.

I just want to hear that laugh again, and i know that your parents and Sojung up there also miss your laugh. Its been ten years Yewon-ah..... Ten years since you laugh....." 

 

'No. I did. I laughed with her yesterday. I laugh out loud. Really loud. Only I and her know, how much i laughed yesterday. I also didn't believe i laughed that much'

 

 


.............. 

 

 

Sinb was laughing hardly acting like there's nothing happen to her while Yewon can just look at her weirdly with a little bit annoyed with the girl. For Yewon there's nothing funny with what just happen. If Yewon in Sinb's sisters postition she will also get worry but Sinb just laugh like nothing happen.


"Do you only know how to laugh?" Yewon ask. Feeling annoyed already.

 
"It's funny, don't you think? Come on just laugh along with me" 


"I'm not crazy and for me it's not even a funny thing for you to laugh"

 

"You are not fun Yewon-ah" Sinb say nonchalantly.

 
"Yewon-ah?!! Who do you think you are?"Yewon ask Sinb. Sinb just called her and acted like two of them are friend to each other


"Why? You are Yewon right? You should just look at your face, its look funny just now" Yewon can just facepalm herself after listened to Sinb's answer. She just wonder in her mind, if Sinb really sick or just act like one. 


"So hey! We are friends now right? Yewonnie?"Sinb suddenly ask. Yewon didn't say anything. But after being silent for a while Yewon answer make Sinb jump a bit, feeling a bit excited.


"Sadly Yes" Yewon say shortly. A few second after that Yewon laugh along with Sinb. Yewon also didn't know why did she laugh, she also didnt realise that she is laughing until Sinb tell her. 


"Omo! look at you! You are laughing!" Sinb say excitedly. Listening to that make Yewon completely stop laughing. She don't realize that just laugh with a person that she didn't know well. Yewon was also surprise to herself.


"Laugh again. Can you? It's my first time seeing you laughing. My first time see you smile like this, i never thought that your laugh voice will be sound that cute. Its addicting"


"You being nonsense again. Stop it!"


"Come on Yewon. Fine, if you don't want to laugh, i will make you laugh with my own way"Sinb say and just right after that, she come closer to Yewon and tickle the girl around her tummy and there's nothing Yewon can do that time than laughing because of the ticklishness from Sinb's fingertip. 

Yewon is laughing. Laughing out loud. Without her realization, she was just laughing infront of someone the she didn't really know. She is laughing for tje first time after ten years. 

For some reason, Yewon want Eunbi is just right infront of her.For some reason that she also didn't know what is it, she want to meet Eunbi, the person that make her laugh out loud.

She was happy yesterday, out of sudden she really did felt happy yesterday, without even know the exact reason. 


Yewon want to meet Sinb, but she know, and she realise that she can never meet that girl again. Sinb's sister already hate her, she even get a punchs before, and she was told to stay away from their life. 


.........................

 

 

"Come on Sinb! Do you want Yerin unnie mad at you again?! Don't be like this can you?" Eunha begging to Sinb.

Right after discharged from the hospital, the only thing that Sinb want is to meet Yewon, but her sisters didn't let her. Even while in the ward she always insisted to meet Yewon but no one want to listen to her words. 


"Sinb talk to me~Please don't ignore me like this~" 


"I want to meet Yewon" That is Sinb keep saying ever since she woke up and Eunha already feel tired listening to that.


"You can't! How many times i should tell you!" Eunha say again. Sinb is lucky because Yuju and Yerin is not at home, both of their sister is busy and only them stayed in their house that time. If Yerin was there, Eunha is sure that Sinb will get scold by Yerin again. 


"Come on Eunha, please. Just don't tell this to unnies"


"You don't understand us Sinb" 


"It's all of you who didn't understand me! Can you guys just let me meet her! I just want to meet her, is that request hard for you?!!"


"She's a killer Sinb!! She killed her own sister!! She killed someone that i really loved so much!! Because of her i lost my Sowon unnie, without i even know anything!! So please just stay away from that girl!!" Eunha shout. She lost her patient already. 


"Yewon is not a killer! Don't accuse my girlfriend without any proof! You don't even know her well!!" Sinb shout back. Doesn't want to lose to Eunha despite is not in a good condition. She don't care if she will lose her voice, she just want everyone know, at least Eunha, the person that close to her that Yewon is really not someone that they think.

 
"Stop lying to us Sinb! We are all know that girl is not your girlfriend!! We know you well!! I know you well whenever you lying, so stop acting like a fool saying that girl is your girlfriend because we will never believe that!!!" 


"Okay fine! Yewon is not my girlfriend!" Sinb give up, admitting every Eunha's words. 


"See? I told you, so now, you should stop saying that girl's name and stay away from her" 


"But i like her. I fell in love with her" Sinb spill.

 

She really is. She fall in love with Yewon. Sinb was also just realise that she fall in love with Yewon, even they barely know each other, Sinb can't lie to herself. 


She was happy with Yewon and listened to Yewon's laugh that make Sinb fall into Yewon more deeply. She fall in love when she saw Yewon's smile, and seeing Yewon smile infront of her, Sinb feel better, because she finally make Yewon smile. 

She hate it when someone call her by her real name, but not Yewon. Yewon was said her real name that day for the first time. For some reason, she feel special. Not because of anything  but it just because of Yewon. 

 

"You are crazy Sinb. I don't want to talk to you anymore!"

Eunha mad. She is mad about everything.Right after saying those words, she just left Sinb in the house alone, going out to where her feet bring her. 


Eunha heart ache. Listened to Sinb's words saying that she fell in love with someone make Eunha cry. Everything is hurt. She just don't know how to react. She already prepare for everything. Prepare to confess to Sinb but everything goes wrong.
Sinb is not supposed to fell in love with someone, someone who not Eunha. That is what in Eunha's mind. 

 

While Sinb who left alone in the house sigh. She don't understand why Eunha being that way. Sinb is too lazy to care about anything. In her mind, it's her chance. Her chance to going out from the house. She know that she's not suppose to go out in that cold weather, but Sinb can't help it. She just want to meet Yewon. And that's all.


...............

 


Sinb wait patiently for Yewon to open her apartment main door. She already stand in front of it for 10 minutes but no one open the door. Sinb still keep trying as smile still plastered on her face. Putting both of her hands in her coat, to keep herself warm. 


30 minutes passed but she still standing outside. Still keeping her patient waiting for Yewon to open the door for her. Sinb didn't understand herself.

She is not someone who will be patient for that long, she is someone who will get mad over a little things, but that time she just don't feel like want to get mad. She will keep waiting, even if it takes a day for Yewon to open the door.

 

"Eunbi?"

 

Sind take a look at her side. It's Yewon. Who just arrive from somewhere. Sinb know herself, she know Yewon will not gonna let her wait outside that longer


"Ahh, you going out? I was waiting for you, i thought you was inside" Sinb say. 


"Let's come inside first, its cold. How long you've been waiting?" Yewon naturally open her door and let Sinb come inside. She act like she has been known Sinb for a long time without her realization.


"No. I just arrive also. It's only 5 minutes" Sinb lie. It's alright for her. Yewon don't have to know. Even she felt her lips already trembling because of the cold, Sinb still say it's okay. For her, seeing Yewon in front of her and talk to her already make her happy. 


"But wait" Sinb say again. She stare at Yewon's face while frowning. 


"What is this? What happen to your face?! Who did this to you?!" Sinb suddenly feel angry. 
Right after Yewon take of her cap and her hoddie, Sinb directly see the wound on the girl face. And seeing Yewon with wound make Sinb suddenly get mad.


"Nothing. I just accidently bump into something" Yewon facepalm inside. She want to hide the wound but she already make a mistake and Sinb see her wound.


"Did Yerin unnie beat you?! It's her right?!" Sinb ask again. Ignoring Yewon's answer. 


"N--no. Look this is nothing okay"


But Sinb didn't believe it. Sinb know it must be her sisters doing. She was feeling angry for that time. Sinb was talking a lot and when she want to called her sister, Yewon stop her and listening to Yewon words make Sinb didn't believe her ear.


"What did you say just now?" Sinb ask. Want to confirm that she is not crazy. 


"I said i miss you. I want to meet you for these past day but i know that you still recovering" 


"And seeing you here, in front of me make me glad"

Yewon say with her face already feel hot and red as chilli. She just being honest with Sinb in order for Sinb to stop getting mad.

That is her real feeling. She didn't lying about that. She also don't expect that she will miss Sinb, someone that she don't know well. But for the past day,she was hoping to meet Sinb.


"Did you just say you miss me?" Sinb ask again. 


"I really miss you Eunbi-ah"