Chapter 9

Second Chance

Jr POV

(If only I had the courage to admit that I really did love you. If only I notice you were there. If only I was not immature at that time. But it is all too late isn’t it. I couldn’t take back anything I have said. And I couldn’t say what I should have. They say words hurt more than action. Now I understand what it means by that. Because of those words I said, I lost the love of my life. And it hurts, it hurts so much when I didn’t get a chance to explain. And it hurts that i couldn't hold on to you when I had the chance to.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*2 years back*

 

*Ringggggg*

 

Guy 1: I can’t believe you really got Zenda to be your girlfriend.

Guy 2: Well, what can you say. He is not Jr for nothing. His good looks and perfect speech gets all the girls.

Guy 3: So when are you going to ditch her and get a new girl? You can’t be serious about her right?

Guy 2: Ya, it started off as a bet. You lost and that was your dare. You got to ask her to be your girlfriend and if you fail your punishment was to strip and run around the school field. I can’t believe you succeed thought.

Guy 1: Ya, she doesn’t look like a easy girl to get. But we are talking about Jr here you guys.

Guy 3: Well, so are you serious about her?

Jr: Ya right, as if.  (I can’t believe I said it. But why am I so scared to admit that I really love her? Am I doing the right thing? Why don’t I have the courage to admit. What am I embarrassed about.)

Guy 3: Told you Jr can’t be serious.

Guy 1: So, want to go party tonight?

Jr: I can’t. (What excuse am I going to come up. I really want to spend time with Zenda today thought. It’s our anniversary…..)

Guy 2: Come on, you can’t be serious. You are ditching your friend for a girl.

Guy 1: Don’t tell me she is more important than your friend.

Guy 3: Didn’t you say you ain’t serious about her? Forget about her and come party with us tonight. You can get all the girls you want there.

Ren: Stop pressure JR. Let him do what he wants.

Jr: It’s okay. I can’t possibly ditch my friends for a girl anyway. (Why did I just let my pride and ego take control of me.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*On the way to the night club*

//Their 3 other friends were walking infront of 2 of them leading the way. And they were talking very loudly among each other.//

Ren: You sure you’re okay with this?

Jr: Not really…

Ren: Do Zenda even know you’re coming here?

Jr: I couldn’t get in contact with her since after school. And you know that after that we all agreed to leave our phone behind at school, in my locker. Since, we agreed that we should not be hooked on our phone for the night. So, I didn’t really have the chance to tell her.

Ren: You really do like Zenda right?

Jr: Ya…. I’m a coward aren’t I. I couldn’t even admit it infront of them.

Ren: Well, to be honest. You kinda are. You should not be embarrassed of it you know.  

Jr: I know. I don’t know why I couldn’t just let my pride and ego go. It’s so hard.

Ren: Well, I kind of understand your point too. Those 3 there practically look up to you. And you are pressure by them to act a certain way. But still, this is your life. You don’t really have to be like that you know. As a friend, I just want you to be yourself.

Jr: Thanks. I’ll just have to explain it to Zenda tomorrow in school. Let’s just have fun tonight. It’s been a long time since we get to hang out like this.

Ren: Let’s go! 😊

Related image