Chapter 9

Fight For You

“Wake up now princess!”

I heard someone shouting while pushing me hard. I squinted my eyes to the sudden brightness and saw Junmyeon oppa and Kyungsoo oppa, stood tall in front of me.

“Rise and shine princess. Get some food in your body, we need you to be lively and full of energy for tonight, don’t we?” said Kyungsoo oppa, mockingly.

I looked up at them, confused. Did Sehun oppa not manage to talk to them? Or they didn’t want to follow Sehun oppa? Well my brothers did say not to trust them just yet. I was disheartened, when Junmyeon oppa shoved the food tray to me suddenly. He was pointing on a paper on the tray.

Hana, I won’t be able to come see you since I’ll be talking to many others, just like how you convinced me. Don’t worry all the hyungs are in but we still need to act our part, what with we werewolves can communicate telepathically; hence we need to be really careful even in our thoughts. So we are sorry that we still need to treat you harshly for show, but let’s really be friends when all this is over.

Sehun oppa

I looked back at Junmyeon oppa and Kyungsoo oppa, face still expressionless. I was about to smile when I saw Kyungsoo oppa shook his head, signalling me not to smile. Right, I need to act too so that they won’t get caught. I looked back down and tried to look fearful.

“Well eat up princess. We will come back for you agin,” said Junmyeon oppa.

“May I ask whaa-aat time is it?” I stuttered, hopefully it didn’t sound forceful.

“Why? Can’t wait for the time to come? We can’t either,” sneered Kyungsoo oppa. They just left without answering the question, which is a given. It’s okay I’ll ask Jimin later.

“It’s about 9 in the morning and can I add that you are a terrible actress.”

“Jimin! You surprised me, don’t just pop up like that.”

“Is there any better way, I think whatever I may say, would still surprise you,” smirked Jimin.

“Well someone’s in a better mood. Did you sleep well?”

“Sleep? None of us could sleep at all, we were finding clues to where you are,” answered Jimin, now sounded frustrated and worried.

“What?! You guys should have sleep still. I mean you guys still need the energy and all to come here. But anything so far?”

“We took turns for a quick shut eye, don’t worry. I actually just woke up from mine. Well we did list down few possible places now, just need to figure out which. Namjoon hyung is really working hard to connect all the clues.”

“Thank you and sorry for always troubling all of you.”

“Hana, don’t say sorry. You know all of us would still do this, however it is. We are family after all.”

“Yeah I know. I just wished I could be more useful or something.”

“Hana you are. You are the source of light for all of us, especially for me. Just by being you, you bring the life for us. So enough, no such talks. And I saw the note, it seems like they are serious.”

“Right? I told you so.”

“But still just be cautious. Anyway eat up Hana; you have not eaten anything at all since breakfast yesterday. I’m sure you’re starved right now.”

Just as Jimin said that, my stomach started growling. Jimin laughed listening to my stomach, making me blush.

“Jimin stop laughing. It’s not funny,” I said, pouting and took the tray to start on the decent meal.

“Sorry baby. It was just too funny. But the food is not bad at all. That’s actually pretty nourishing. They are even giving you sashimi.”

Jimin suddenly stopped and looked upset.

“! Are they trying to feast on you or something? They are definitely preparing you for tonight. ing greedy wolves,” snapped Jimin.

“Jimin are you alright?” asked Hoseok oppa who suddenly came running into the room.

“They are feeding Hana food that can thicken the blood and lots of energy for later. What are they trying to do to Hana, hyung?”

“What are they serving?” chimed in Namjoon oppa. “Who knows we can figure where she would be from the food served.”

“Busan.”

“Excuse me Jimin. What do you mean?” asked Hoseok oppa.

“She’s in Busan. That food, they can only get it easily in Busan. You know how my parents always send us food from Busan. Yup, that’s definitely the one.”

“But we got no places listed in Busan,” said Hoseok oppa.

“No we don’t but there is a place. I need to talk to Bang PD to get confirmation,” said Namjoon oppa already leaving the room.

“Hana dear, we will save you. Just hang in there okay and just eat whatever they are serving, you do need the energy anyway,” said Hoseok oppa as he left following Namjoon oppa.

“Jimin? Hey, you doing okay?” I asked, as he stayed quiet.

“I’m not. You’re in grave danger and we are nowhere in figuring out where you are. We should have gone to school with you.”

“I thought you said Busan.”

“That’s just a guess and if you truly are at Busan, we need to start moving if we want to get there on time.”

“Don’t worry Jimin. We will get through this. I’ll put up a fight too. Don’t worry, we will be alright,” I soothed.

“I’m sorry Hana. I should have protect you better,” Jimin said while pushing his palms towards his eyeball.

“Jimin you did more than enough, you always did much more. Rest a little bit more, we will meet soon enough.”

“What am I doing? I’m the one who should be soothing you. You are there cold and alone.”

“Noona! I’m gonna run to you as fast as I could. We will be there soon. Hyung, come on. Namjoon hyung will brief us through and we’ll leave right away,” said Jungkook as he barged into the room.

“See, we got this. Don’t worry. I’m here. I’ll wait for you. Tell everyone to be careful. Focus on your task, just check on me time to time.”

“Okay Hana. We will save you. I love you.”

“I love you too Jimin.”

With that our communication got cut. I could join in and listen but I was too hungry to focus my mind. I looked at the food again and started eating it. Might as well prepare myself for tonight. I might have to polish some self-defence skills that appa had taught.


I was meditating when the door was open again. It’s almost time; I can definitely feel the energy, the aura. I don't know what to expect when I would be ‘reborn’ later, but I’ve prepared myself. I took my time to relearn the moves, remembering from memories. I just have to remember that I’ll be stronger than them. Junmyeon oppa and Jongin oppa did come to serve me lunch and I just finished dinner. That’s how I keep track on time, plus Jimin had been updating me on their situation.

Jungkook and Taehyung were on the front line, as Jungkook is the fastest and Taehyung could use his powers to listen to their minds to lead them to the correct place. Jin oppa, Hoseok oppa and Jimin were the next in line, since Jin oppa can divert my smell with his powers and Hoseok oppa can control the environment, if needed. Jimin - because he wanted to reach to me as quickly as possible. Yoongi oppa and Namjoon oppa were last as they were more of the tactical one in the team. However, there are many others who followed as well, many of them were back up dancers oppas. I heard Bang ahjussi would be coming too.

“Hana, we need you to come with us?”

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw two girls with a mask on, standing by the door. I got up and walked towards them, surprised that they sent girls.

“Wendy? Joy?”

“Yes it’s us. Come on, we got orders. We need to prepare you for tonight. Youngmin sajang-nim would want you all cleaned up.”

“And maybe can you keep a certain distance between us? Your scent is too strong to our liking.”

“Gladly,” I said as I moved further away from them.

Wendy led the way while Joy followed behind me. It was quite a walk from the small room in the basement (apparently) towards the stairs. As we ascended the stairs, I could smell the ocean, Busan is a good guess, after all. Finally reaching the ground, we were in a barn somewhere, and I followed Wendy further to a house. As I looked at the surrounding, this whole place looked oddly familiar. The forest behind the house, the spacious yard just behind the back door, it’s like I could imagine myself running around.

Oh my God. It’s my home. It just hit me that this is my home. Yes, that’s where we always had picnic on good days and that’s the forest, I usually ran around with appa. I need to tell Jimin, hoping they are heading to the right place.

“Jimin! Jimin!”

“Hana, are you alright? I’m here. I’m here.”

“It’s my old house, my old home. That’s where I am. Look!”

“You’re out. Why?”

“They just said they need to prepare me for tonight, need me to be all cleaned. But are you guys heading to the right place?”

“Yup, we are. Namjoon hyung thought of it when I mentioned Busan. They are so sick to be using your own home for whatever they are planning! But are you alright, though? It’s your first time back after the incident.”

I was already at the back door when Jimin asked that, and suddenly I felt scared. This is the last place I saw appa and I’m not sure if I’m ready.

“Hana?” called Jimin.

“I’m scared Jimin. I’m not ready to see the inside.”

“I’m here. I’m here. Don’t worry. And we are almost there, we will save you.”

“Hana eonni, please come in,” said Joy as she pushed me in. I just stumbled into the kitchen and the communication got cut. I looked around and saw that everything looked the same as what was left, except there was blood stains everywhere. I don’t want to know whose blood it could be. I just looked down and continued to follow Wendy upstairs, to my old room. I could feel the tears threatening to fall when someone called me. I looked at the owner of the voice, and she’s standing there smiling.

“Hyoyeon imo!”

I ran to her and hug her tight, no longer can hold my tears.

“Yes, yes baby girl. It’s me your imo. Finally I can see you, for so long we thought you died. But when I heard the management talked about a hybrid, I put myself in the project to see if it’s really you. And here you are, really alive in front of me. Thank you for remembering me.”

“Of course I would. You always came by with all the other imos to play with me.”

“You’re right. I’m sorry dear that I couldn’t stop this. I hoped I could find you first before they do but they knew not to trust me. But Sehun came to all of us, saying that you inspired him to be the new alpha, is this true?”

I wiped my tears and looked at Hyoyeon imo.

“I may or may not be. I did talk to him about it but he did everything on his own.”

“Well good, I’m sure he managed to get many of us. We will all save you, I will save you myself and all the other imos will too. But now you need to freshen up and we might still need to go through the ceremony. Despite there are many of us, there are still many of them too who are willing to kill.”

I just nodded, understanding the situation. I’m just hoping that whatever happens tonight, no one is harmed badly or anything.

“Wendy, Joy. Thank you for bringing Hana up nicely. You guys can leave if you can’t bear her scent,” said Hyoyeon imo. Wendy and Joy bowed, before leaving.

“Alright, go on now, Hana. You still remember where the toilet is, right? Your attire for tonight will be on the bed.”

I mouthed thanks and headed to the toilet.

Currently, I’m dressed in a sleeveless white nightgown that hang just above my knees, and Hyoyeon imo is drying my hair just like how eomma always did. I closed my eyes, enjoying Hyoyeon imo’s gentle touch, trying to imagine that it’s eomma instead.

“Hana, are you alright?”

“Jimin! Yeah, I’m better I guess. Hyoyeon imo is here with me. So I feel safe for now and she said she would do her best to protect me too. How are you all doing?”

“We are okay but there might be delays. Those wolves are already roaming around, taking watch from where we are. We are so close but still so far. Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung are rethinking the strategies.”

“I see. Please please be safe and be careful. And Sehun oppa really managed to pull many to follow him but of course there’s more still against us. So really really be careful, the last thing I want is any of you to get hurt.”

“Don’t worry Hana. We will be cautious. What are you wearing?”

“A nightgown, apparently it’s for tonight.”

“Are they trying to sacrifice you or something? Those bastards. I swear I’ll ki..”

“Jimin. They won’t. You’re gonna save me, my brothers are gonna save me, imos gonna save me. Nothing is gonna happen, we will be alright. I’m so lucky to have so many who love me and do so much for me. I wish I could give it back.”

“Just give back your love and be yourself.”

“I think I heard Sehun hyung’s head, wait let me try communicate with him,” said Taehyung suddenly.

“Hana?”

I broke our contact and opened my eyes to look at Hyoyeon imo.

“Were you sleeping? I called you a few times.”

“I guess so,” I said, trying to hide the truth.

“Well you’re all done. I’m so scared of what’s gonna happen tonight. I don’t think I can let you go from this room.”

Suddenly, there’s a knock on the door.

“Is she ready?” said a voice from behind the door.

Hyoyeon imo closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

“She’s not. I need more time.”

“Well too bad, there ain’t any. You got enough time. Youngmin sajang-nim will be coming soon and we need her to be there already,” said the guy as he barged in.

“She looks ready to me. Actually, she looks really delicious,” he said as he eyes me lustfully.

Hyoyeon imo stood in front of me protectively to block the guy’s view.

“Manners. I can see your mind. She’s just a kid, stop those jackass thoughts you have.”

“Whatever, I’m taking her.”

“No, I’ll take her. Lead the way.”

Hyoyeon imo squeezed my hand as if to tell me that things will be fine, I just squeezed right back. We followed the guy down the stairs and went out to the yard. There were so many wolves present, just a rough count; there might be more than a 100. They were all looking at me intently, that I instinctively cowered in fear. Hyoyeon imo sensing the fear quickly pulled me closer and wrapped her hands to my waist as we continued walking.

I tried avoiding all the stares and just looked ahead. There in the middle of the yard was a chair, and we are heading towards it.

“Sit,” the guy instructed.

I looked at Hyoyeon imo and she just signalled me to sit. As soon as I sat, all the wolves were already encircling me. Hyoyeon imo just stood in front of me, not showing signs to move. Then, two more wolves came approaching us; I squeezed Hyoyeon imo’s hand in fear. She just smiled and the wolves changed and revealed to be Taeyeon imo and Tiffany imo. They came and gave me a quick hug before stood around me, guarding me.

“What are you doing?” said the guy, annoyed.

“Guarding her from the likes of you,” hissed Tiffany imo.

The guy growled and signalled others to come. Three big wolves came forward and stood behind the guy, waiting for new instructions.

“Take them away,” he said and the wolves were about to pounce on my imos.

“Stop!!” I shouted and they did.

“If they were to step aside, would you stop from hurting them?” I asked to the man.

“Well that depends on what sajang-nim wants. But I guess I would spare them for now.”

“No hurting them. Hyoyeon imo, Taeyeon imo, Tiffany imo, I know you are trying to help and guard me but I don’t think I’ll be able to live with myself if any of you got hurt. You guys should go. I’ll be fine.”

“Hana, are you crazy? To hell we would let them hurt you. We’ve been searching for you as soon as we know you are still alive,” said Taeyeon imo.

“Imo please. It’s fine. I’m sure it will be fine.”

“Yes, you should listen to them ladies.”

Everyone turned to the owner of the voice and quickly bowed their heads.

“I didn’t expect my angels to disobey me, right? I already lose one angel 11 years ago, I don’t want to lose another,” sneered Youngmin sajang-nim.

“Imo go,” I whispered.

They looked at each other hesitantly but bowed and left.

“Good girls, that was a wise choice. Now let me see my new angel.”

He walked slowly towards me, with a sick smile on his face. As soon as he was close enough, he took a deep breath and smiled lustfully.

“Can you all smell that? Isn’t she delicious?”

The wolves all howled in agreement, I assumed.

“Do you know how long have I waited for you? I had to wait 11 years for you to get your hybrid blood. Finally, we are here. How many minutes left are we at?”

“About thirty more minutes sajang-nim,” said the man.

“Good, so close. Okay I need two of you to hold her down while I take her later, then you need to take a sample of her blood and bring it to the lab. Whatever left, you guys can take her however you want,” he instructed and the wolves just howled.

“But wouldn’t that be a waste Youngmin-ssi. If you left her like that, and you found out that her blood is useful, she’ll be gone by then. No more blood for you. Is not like we have many hybrids around,” interrupted Bang ahjussi suddenly.

“Sihyuk-ssi, I knew you would be coming, I just didn’t expect it to be so soon. Looks like you brought a whole army with you. What are my wolves doing? I thought they were supposed to block outsiders from coming to this sacred ceremony,” he jeered.

I turned around and clearly I saw Bang ahjussi, Jimin, my brothers and many others walking towards us. They all looked so tense but determined. I managed to lock eye with Jimin and for awhile it was just the two of us there.

“Sacrificing a high school girl is your sacred ceremony? Never knew you could be so dark. What did the girl do to deserve this?” interrupted Bang ahjussi.

“Well if her parents would have given her since the beginning, it wouldn’t come to this. Too late now, we are here.”

“And killing them is not enough for you?”

“Of course not. I didn’t get to have the blood.”

“Well how sure are you the blood is going to enhance you, instead of kill you. She is the first hybrid after all.”

“I’m the first to know then. I think you can stop walking now, Hana here is still in my possession,” Youngmin sajang-nim said; and with a flick of his fingers, two wolves changed into two bulky men and held into me. I heard Jimin and my brothers all hissed but halted their movement.

“Good, but I’ll doubt you guys will really stay put. And since the clock is ticking and I need you guys to be distracted. Attack!”

All the wolves turned and ran towards them. I was shouting stop and tried to wriggle myself free but it was useless. My family and all stood at an offense stance but just as the first wolf reached them, he turned and stood protectively in front of them instead. From one wolf, quickly turned to ten and the number kept on growing.

“What do we have here? I lost communication with so many of you. You all are going against me now. Let me see who’s the new alpha who dared to challenge me!”

The wolf that stood tall in front of Bang ahjussi walked further in front, suddenly growing twice bigger in size.

“Oh Sehun. Ungrateful bastard. Did she finally get to your head? You’ve been liking her for so long, haven’t you?”

Sehun oppa just growled and moved further up, making all the other wolves that were not on our side, to back away. Everyone just followed Sehun stepping forward.

“Wow, to think I would lost all my stars in one night. Have you forgotten what I did for you? You all achieved your dream because of me, not this hybrid. I’ll show you what it means to mess with me. Attack! Don’t let anybody live tonight. Just kill them all.”

With that, it became a war zone. Wolves attacking wolves, wolves striking at vampires, and I was being held tightly, forced to watch all these fights before my eyes.

“Let me go! Ask them to stop! You only want me and you got me. So stop it!” I shouted still trying to wriggle myself from their tight grip.

“Too late. I’ve been waiting for this for so long, I’m not going to let anything hold me back now. Only to wait for you to be reborn,” he said, impatiently.

I need to think fast, what can I do. I seriously don’t want anyone to be hurt because of me, what more die. The wolves were biting each other and I have no idea who’s who anymore. I saw Jin oppa running with few wolves close to his tail and leading them to Jungkook who would punch them to knock out. I’m sure Jin oppa was enticing them with some scent. Taehyung was strangling a wolf while spitting out some curses, I would assume. Yoongi hyung was skilfully blocking all attacks and each wolf that tried to attack him would be met with Jimin’s killer smile instead and would go unconscious the moment Jimin his hair. Even Sehun oppa was biting other wolves’ neck and threw them away.

I couldn’t see Namjoon oppa or Hoseok oppa anywhere. I hope they are not hurt or anything. There were many wolves scattered around unconscious, and I can only hope that they are not dead and not those who fight for me; and few vampires  got bitten and were wincing in pain. The tighten grip on my hand made me focus back to where I was. What am I supposed to do now? Should I just leave him to take my blood, but I doubt he’s going to make them stop fighting. Do I have to end him, myself? But am I even capable of killing, do I want to resort to that?

“Jungkook, Jimin, Sehun! Now!” I heard Namjoon oppa shouted suddenly. I looked up and saw Jungkook running quickly towards us and behind him was Jimin, Sehun oppa and few other vampires and wolves following. They were dodging and pushing any wolves charging towards them and few that followed would finish the attack. Youngmin sajang-nim was hissing aloud and instructed the wolves that stood guard with him to attack the incoming force.

“Let me hold her and go attack them. I need you to kill just a little bit more time, I’m sure it won’t be long now,” he said as he pulled me harshly, locking his arm around my neck.

The bulky men quickly changed to wolves and charged towards them. The number of vampires and wolves following Jungkook, Jimin and Sehun oppa were decreasing as they fend off the attacks that keep on coming. As Youngmin sajang-nim looked at his watch impatiently, I took that chance to elbow his side as strong as I could and head bang his face right after. He loosened his grip in pain and I pulled myself away from him.

“You ,” he shouted as he held onto his nose, which was bleeding for a short while before healing itself.

“I’m just going to end you myself,” he said, as he was breathing hard and slowly his eyes changed, furs starting to show and then changed completely to a wolf, whose size is bigger than Sehun oppa. He howled as loud and all his followers stop attacking and howled with him before all of them were heading towards me. All the vampires and wolves were chasing them and stopping them, trying to knock out as much as they could, while Jungkook, Jimin, Sehun oppa and those following them continued to run towards me while pushing the wolves that are blocking their route.

Youngmin sajang-nim was growling now while he looked straight at me and I walked backwards slowly, trying to find which direction is safest for me to run. My speed may be nothing now but who knows if I changed mid-way and my speed would pick up, then I would be able to save myself before challenging him, myself. I would be stronger then.

So Youngmin sajang-nim is north and I have Jungkook, Jimin, Sehun oppa and the whole mob at my west. The best would be around southwest into the woods, and I’ve known the woods in the back of my head. With that, I quickly turned and started running, wishing that I would be reborn now. I was running for few minutes when suddenly I heard Jungkook shouted, “Noona!” and I was enveloped into a hug while we rolled for a few seconds. Then, there was a loud bang and I saw Sehun oppa collided into Youngmin sajang-nim, who was thrown aside. Sehun oppa quickly stood in front of us protectively while Youngmin sajang-nim got back up.

“Noona, are you alright? Are you hurt?” asked Jungkook worryingly as he released the hug. He was inspecting my whole body and stood frozen when he saw blood trickling down my head.

“I must have hit my head hard while we rolled, but I’m okay Kookie. I don't feel the pain,” I assured him when suddenly Jimin was by my side and pushing Jungkook away.

“Kookie, don’t breathe. Remember it’s your Hana noona. Go stand with Sehun hyung, I’ll stay by Hana.”

Jungkook just nodded and quickly stood beside Sehun oppa.

“Hana does it hurt?” asked Jimin as he tore his shirt to stop the blood.

“Nope. But I think I may have attracted everyone with my scent, now that it’s trickling down my face. Look, everyone is either resisting it or just imagining it already.”

“Jin hyung and Hoseok hyung will deal with that. I need to protect you now.”

“No Jimin, I need to protect everyone. I need to stop this once and for all.”

“Hana, how are you going to do that? Stop talking nonsense. Come on!”

“Jimin!” I shouted simultaneously with Yoongi oppa and Taehyung.

Youngmin sajang-nim had managed to push Jungkook and Sehun oppa away and was pouncing on to Jimin when I shouted. Jimin only managed to pull myself away but got his hand bitten severely. Jimin punched Youngmin sajang-nim and managed to throw him far. I looked at Jimin who was crouching down in pain and I could only hug him protectively from further harm. Youngmin sajang-nim got back up again and growled. I glared at him, no longer scared and he came running back towards us.

That was when I felt my eyes suddenly grew clear and I felt this weird sensation in my heart, pumping it through every inch of my body. It’s like every cell in my body is renewing, I can just feel it moving from one cell to another. Slowly my body was floating, while this impulses move throughout my body, I can feel the energy surging in me and somehow I just know my powers are back.

I’m reborn.


Hello.

Honestly I struggled at this chapter especially at the fighting scene. I imagined so many things going on but it's so hard for me to depict everything in writing. This is not completely satisfying for me but this is the best I could manage. I hope you guys still enjoy reading it.

Again thank you for reading, and feel free to leave some comments.