Chapter 6

Fight For You

The weeks after that passed by quickly. They were busy with the comeback while I was busy with my study and also being an ARMY. They released short films for each of them that turns out to be their solo songs. It’s crazy, I mean sure I heard Jimin’s song but everyone will be having their own songs. Are there any other idols who would release solo songs for each member in their album? I doubt it.

As soon as they came back from practice the day that ARMY realised each short film is actually a solo song, I bombarded them with tons of questions and theories, but as usual they just laughed and avoided the questions. They said I have to struggle just like any other ARMY. What’s the point living with them when you still won’t get anything out of it. However, all of us still tried to catch up when we could, had dinner or breakfast together.

Apart from that, Jimin is back again, he has been smiling more than ever. Well things couldn’t get any better. Today is their first comeback stage on MCountdown and it is also Jimin’s birthday. They had left earlier and I’m on my way with Jimin’s birthday cake. I was late because I took the time to bake Jimin’s birthday cake right after they left.

As soon as I arrived, I went backstage with the cake in hand. Sejin oppa texted me earlier that they were on stage, so it’s safe for me to come backstage. They were about to perform, so I stood not too far from the stage to see their comeback stage. I watched them in awe, my inner ARMY was jumping around like crazy, but in reality I couldn’t even move much due to the cake. Just as they finished performing, I hid myself. I saw them coming down the stage, panting and requesting for drinks. I was usually there to offer them but not today, since Jimin will get a better surprise. Everyone was exchanging good job when one of the crew said that they will be filming the ending, thus everyone went back up on stage. As everyone went up, Yoongi oppa suddenly walked towards me and smirked.

“Hana, I can see you.”

“Omo omo, really oppa? Jimin didn’t see me right?”

I panicked but Yoongi oppa just laughed.

“Nahh, you hid pretty well. I can see you in my head, hence knowing where you are.”

“Oppa! That’s not funny. I was really scared that I got caught or something.”

“Don’t worry Hana, it will all go well. Even tonight. But don’t stay up too late, we still have to go to Music Core tomorrow.”

He winked and left me gaping. Oppa must have had a vision of what happened tonight. But what was that wink supposed to mean? I mean all I wanted to do was celebrate Jimin’s birthday alone. I made an extra surprise at the rooftop but that’s about it. Well honestly, I’ve been debating if I should confess. I don’t know if I should, I’m certain of my own feelings but I don’t know about his. But then, even if he is, I’m not sure if we could. He is a celebrity and I’m, well, a no one.

“Good night and thank you.”

I snapped out of my thought and focused on hiding. Everyone was getting down from the stage, and I saw Taemin oppa wishing Jimin happy birthday. He looked so happy today, well it is his day, he deserved it.

As everyone left the area, I slowly crept out and head towards their dressing room. Peeking inside, Jimin was finishing his message for Bangtan bomb.

“Okay, you boys did well today. Let’s pack up and celebrate Jimin’s birthday,” said Sungdeuk ahjussi, as soon as the camera went off and they nodded as they started packing.

“Did anyone see Hana?” asked Jimin as he put away his gifts. They just grunted or hummed to avoid answering Jimin. “It’s weird because Hana would always come to our comeback stage. She never missed a show.”

“Well she is caught up with her study, the exam is in a month,” answered Jin oppa while I saw Taehyung signalling me to enter.

“Or I’m just busy baking you a cake for your birthday,” I said as I entered the room. Everyone started singing the birthday song again and Jimin just stared at me with eyes wide but quickly smiled at the surprise.

“Thank you again everyone for the wishes. Hana, how long have you been here?” said Jimin as soon as we finished singing.

“As you said, I never miss a show,” I answered, smiling sheepishly at him.

“So you saw us. I didn’t see you anywhere.”

“Uuu chimchim. Were you looking for her throughout the performance?” teased Taehyung. Jimin just gasped, realising what he said and hit Taehyung for teasing him. I felt my cheeks got warmer but I tried to cover it up by interrupting them.

“Stop it Tae. It’s Jimin’s birthday, no teasing. Come on now, time for cake. Help yourself,” I said as I offered Jimin the cake. Taehyung was about to again, but Jimin just pushed him away causing Taehyung to fall. We all just laughed at Taehyung’s whining, which then quickly turned to his signature box-like smile. Jimin then cut a slice of the cake and took a bite out of it.

“Hana! This is so good. Thank you so much!”

I smiled at him, glad that he loved it while offering it to everyone else.


“Urghhh I’m so tired. I’m calling it a night,” said Hoseok oppa as we reached home.

“Same. Don’t forget we are leaving early again tomorrow for Music Core,” said Namjoon oppa.

As everyone walked towards their room, I went beside Jimin.

“Hey Jimin, you know your birthday is not over yet. Could you come to the rooftop later when you’re done settling down?”

“Sure. I’ll be up in a bit,” he said, smiling.

I nodded and quickly went to the kitchen, not even realising when Yoongi oppa had stood beside me.

“Good luck Hana,” whispered Yoongi oppa.

I was caught by surprise for a few seconds before giggling and mouthed thanks to him.

“Noooonaaa, when can I sleep with you again? Jimin hyung is keeping you to himself,” whined Jungkook suddenly and earned a hit from Jimin.

“Not tonight Kookie. Tonight is still Jimin’s special day. Tomorrow?” I took a glance at Jimin, who just shrugged.

“Fine! Hyung, tomorrow I’m having noona to myself,” he pouted and quickly vanished to his room.

I looked at Jimin and both of us just smiled, looking at our maknae acting all cute. Seriously, no matter how much he has grown physically, he is still the cutest to us all, the baby of the family. I signalled Jimin to move along and settle down, which he obediently comply.

I took the seaweed soup I prepared and few other snacks to bring up to the rooftop. I had tried to decorate the rooftop, a tent in the middle that has a see-through top where we can still enjoy the beautiful sky while lying down in the tent, a few birthday deco just for the aesthetic. In the tent, there was a mattress with lots of pillow surrounding it and a thick blanket for us to cuddle in. It was just like how it was when Jimin celebrated my 13th birthday. We chatted the whole night and fell asleep in the tent. Jungkook and Taehyung were so angry because we didn’t invite them.

“What are you smiling at?”

I turned and saw Jimin in his comfy clothes, already smiling.

“I was just reminiscing the day you made all this for me and the time when Tae and Kookie were so upset with us.”

“They were really upset. Tae didn’t even want to walk with us to school.”

I nodded and laughed to the memory. It took us a week of free ice-cream and coke to soothe Taehyung’s anger and a month of spending almost my whole time with Jungkook.

“Anyway, happy birthday again. How do you like this little get-up?”

I asked as I opened my arms wide, showing off my surprise.

“It really does remind me of that day, but with better food.”

“Heyyy, you still work hard on preparing the chocopie cake and I wouldn’t ask for anything more. That night was perfect,” I said while offering my hand to him, which he happily took.

“Thank you for saying that. And thank you for all of this, you’ve done a lot already Hana.”

“Well it is your 18th birthday. It is your last birthday as a school student. Come sit here.”

He sat down in front of the tent where all the food were displayed. I sat down next to him and served him the seaweed soup.

“Here you go, Jimin. It’s nothing much really.”

He smiled and took a spoonful of the soup while I bit my lips unconsciously, nervous waiting for his reaction.

“Hana!! Your cooking has seriously improved tremendously. This is so good. I think I should just marry you. There’s no way I could eat other’s food anymore.”

I froze and felt my cheeks grew warmer, literally could feel the blood creeping up. Jimin stopped and stared at me with his eyes wide, just realising what he said.

“Ha-ana, what I me-eant was, you-you know,” he stuttered.

He looked into my eyes; feeling shy I quickly looked away and saw his ears got redder by the minute. Is he feeling embarrassed? Does this mean he kind of like me too? I’ve been meaning to ask him about the same feeling that Hoseok oppa talked about ‘that night’, but I never could. I was scared that it might have ruined what we have and it’s been so long since we got friendly again. Now that it is like this, I guess I could ask and see how it goes.

“Do you mean it, Jimin? About marrying me?”

“Hurmm Hana. I mean I don’t know. I was saying it out of happiness. It just slipped out I suppose.”

I looked away again, slightly disappointed but continued to pry.

“I’ve been meaning to ask, that night I heard Hoseok oppa said something about us having the same feeling. What feeling is he talking about?”

Jimin just blinked and slowly put down the spoon.

‘Haa-na. I didn’t know you hear that. I… I…”

He sighed and looked down. I just stared at him waiting for his answer.

He suddenly raised his head and looked at me. His eyes were so caring that I would just melt in it. He took my hand and caressed it softly. With that touch and look, I don’t know if I my face could get any warmer or redder than it already is.

“Hana, I don’t think I can keep it any longer. Honestly I don’t even know when it started. All I know is that I care about you a lot, all I want is to protect you with all my life. And that is pretty normal since we all are like family, living in the same house since we were 7. But when I almost lost you, my whole world just crumbled down. At first I thought it was because of guilt for putting you in that condition. For months, I made myself believe it is because of that, and yes partly it is because of that but I realised something else. I never want to lose you again, not just in that sense but also as a man. I’ve just realised I have fallen in love with you, with your smile, your cheerfulness, your kindness, your understanding self, your supportive and enthusiastic spirit, honestly I love everything about you and I don’t want to let you go. But when you woke up, I couldn’t say it not after what I did. So I was trying to keep it to myself, though the members quickly spotted it, and plus I was stuck in guilt. But even after all of that is cleared up, I just want to appreciate and keep what we have now. However after what happened just now, I don’t think I can hide it anymore. Day by day, I just kept falling in love with you more and more.”

After that heartfelt confession, he took a last glance at me before releasing my hand and looked away. Park Jimin just confessed to me. A very sweet confession at that. Jimin loves me. He loves me too. The feeling is mutual.

“Hana, I’m just telling you my feelings and I know Hoseok hyung said that you might feel the same but don’t push yourself or don’t feel obligated. I respect whatever feelings you have and decis..”

“I love you too Park Jimin.”

“-ion. What?!”

Jimin looked back at me shocked. I giggled and brought my hand to his cheeks, looking at him as lovingly as I could.

“I said I love you too Park Jimin. It’s the same for me too. Though I realised my feelings for you later, to be exact the day after I pushed you too far on the smiling issue. But I couldn’t tell you too because I cherish what we have now and I’m scared if I tell you, things might be for the worse instead.”

“Seriously Hana?! I can’t believe this. You seriously love me too? This is not a one-sided thing?” squealed Jimin as he pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him back, relieved that everything went beyond well, just like what Yoongi oppa said.

“Come on now Jimin. Eat up before it gets colder.”

“ Just few more minutes. I still can’t believe this is real. What with 6 other guys in the house and you chose to love me.”

“Jimin stop that. Sure we all love and care for each other in this household, but no one treated me the way you do. Of course the one I would fall for is you.”

Jimin broke the hug and gave me his brightest smile.

“I promise I will protect you and love you with all my life. I will make you the happiest person alive and make sure that you will never regret choosing me.”

“Cheesy. But yes I know you will. However, today is your day, so you should be the happiest man alive and enjoy the last hour of your birthday.”

“I am already the happiest man alive. This is the best birthday present I would ever have.”

I gave him the biggest smile I have and we continued eating and chatting through the night, with hands holding each other tightly.


“Jimin, Hana. Wake up now lovebirds.”

I moved slightly by the shake and voice. Jimin just groaned and pulled me closer, which I gladly cuddle into him more.

“Hana I thought I told you not to stay up too late. And Jimin if you don’t want an angry Namjoon, you better get your in the shower now.”

Slowly, I forced my eyes opened and saw Yoongi oppa squatting in front of the tent. He was smirking and somehow I knew what he was thinking of.

“Oppa stop smirking. You knew all of this were going to happen already,” I said smiling.

He shrugged and just gave me his gummy smile.

“But seriously Jimin needs to get up.”

“Okay oppa. I’ll wake him up.”

He just nodded and left. I stretched a little and gently shook Jimin’s shoulder. After last night’s confession, we continued eating and chatting. Then, we brought the chat in the tent, lying down as we watched the stars. We talked about many things, about our day, his feeling now that the comeback period had started, my inner ARMY feeling, our moments, bits and pieces of everything. Also, we decided not to label ourselves anything, enough that we have confirmed our feelings and we would just go with the flow with how things would turn up. We don’t want to push anything, plus I did emphasise that ARMY is still no 1. I totally understand that. Jimin was really grateful for that though he still promised to make me happy which made my heart beat erratically. I smiled thinking back about last night and still can’t believe that it happened. We were so engrossed with our conversation; I’m not sure what time we finally slept. All I knew, by then it was pretty late. I shook Jimin harder to wake him up.

“Jimin, wake up! Jiminnie.”

He stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes.

“Morning sleepyhead. You better wake up now or else Namjoon oppa would be angry.”

“Urghh what time is it?”

“No idea. Come on, rise and shine.”

I pulled him to sit and he just groaned.

“That was one of the best sleep I had since ages, must be because my heart is comfortable now,” he said groggily and smiling sheepishly.

I hit him lightly but with a happy smile.

“Okayyyyyy cheesychim. That’s enough. You should go now while I cleared this place up.”

“I wish I could cuddle with the love of my little a little longer. Honestly, it’s overdue.”

“Jimin!! Stop being so cheesy so early in the morning,” I said giggling. “Well cuddling has to wait. And remember Kookie is sleeping with me tonight.”

“Damn, I should have said no last night. But then again it’s Kookie. Who can resist his doe eyes and pout. I am convinced that is actually his hidden powers.”

I laughed heartily at a jealous Jimin and pushed him to get up. He just sighed and gave me a cute pout.

“Anything I can help you with?”

“Well you can bring some of the dishes down. I’ll wash it later after I’m done cleaning up here.”

He nodded and took most of the dishes before leaving downstairs as I quickly took down the deco and dismantled the tent.


As I entered the kitchen with the last few plates, I saw everyone except Jimin were having breakfast.

“Morning Hana, good sleep?” asked Jin oppa as he quickly served breakfast and I placed the dishes in the sink.

“Morning Jin oppa. Morning everyone. Yeah I could say it’s pretty good.” Jin oppa smiled and passed me breakfast.

“Noona, come sit next to me. Today I’m gonna keep you to myself,” said Jungkook as he pulled the chair for me.

“You better not get used to it though Kookie,” smirked Yoongi oppa.

I glared at him and earned a chuckle from him. Jungkook just looked at us confused but ignored it.

“There’s the sleepyhead. Hurry up or else we will be late,” said Hoseok oppa.

Jimin just smiled and took the plate from Jin oppa.

“Hyung, you can’t sit here. Noona’s mine today,” Jungkook said quickly and caused everyone to erupt in laughter.

Jimin rolled his eyes and I just smiled apologetically at him.

“So what did you guys do last night?” asked Taehyung as Jimin sat beside him.

Suddenly remembering the confession, I blushed and just focused on eating.

“Nothing much. We just ate and chatted, then we fell asleep,” answer Jimin, unfazed by the question.

That is good, hopefully they won’t catch on it fast or Yoongi oppa would tease us or anything.

“That’s it? Then why are you guys sleeping so late? Hana, is Jimin lying?”

I looked up too quickly, surprised by the question directed to me.

“No, he’s not. You know how we can chat for hours. Plus we keep on going back to old times, like reminiscing how upset you and Kookie were.”

“Well that was a total betrayal from Jimin for choosing to do something special for your birthday alone. Why are you so red, Hana?”

I quickly brought my hands to my cheeks to cover it up. Damn, I must be blushing hard.

“Nothing. I guess it was cold out, I just didn't realise.”

“Are you sure Hana?” asked Jin oppa and I just nodded quickly.

Suddenly, Jungkook placed his hand on my cheeks and frowned.

“Noona, you’re not cold. Your cheeks are warm. Wait, are you blushing noona?”

I pushed Kookie’s hand away and hid my face using my hand. How am I going to get out of this situation? I think my face is getting redder by the minute. Suddenly, I heard the sound of a chair moved and in that quick second, Jimin was hugging me, helping me to hide my face.

“Okay enough questions. And let me get this straight since everyone knows my feelings anyway, so there’s no use of hiding it from you guys. The feeling is mutual. We talked or actually I confessed and turned out the feeling is mutual. Though we decided to take it slow and easy, and not to put any label on it, we are in love with each other. So enough with the questions, Hana is embarrassed enough as it is.”

I looked up at Jimin who is now smiling at me, and I slowly turned to look at the others who stood agape looking at us. Well except for Yoongi oppa who just continued eating. Jin oppa was the first to break the silence.

“Did you already foresee this Yoongi?”

Yoongi oppa just shrugged and earned a hit from Jin oppa.

“You should have told us earlier!”

“Then I’ll miss the pleasure of seeing Hana blushing, Jimin’s brave confession and all your silly faces. So no thanks, I would rather see that with my very own eyes.”

“Well about time,” said Hoseok oppa suddenly. “Told you the feeling is the same. I can feel both your auras, just I’m not quite sure. Well congrats is in due,” continued Hoseok oppa.

“Yeah congrats guys. Not to burst the bubble though, but you two have to be careful. Well ARMYs have already know who Hana is, but don’t let them figure out that you guys are dating, at least not yet,” added Namjoon oppa.

“We know hyung. We won’t, don’t worry. Hana even said herself that ARMY should still be no 1. But we will slowly figure things out.”

“Yes Namjoon oppa. Don’t worry; I won’t add any trouble or issue to BTS. I am still an ARMY myself. And you are my family, I wouldn't want things to be hard for you.”

They nodded and wished us congrats and how happy they are for us.

“Kookie, you alright?” I asked since he’s the only one who still stood frozen.

“Hyung. I can still sleep with noona tonight, right?” he barely whispered but all of us could hear it clearly.

“Yes Kookie, don’t worry. Your Jimin hyung won’t be able to say no to you or beat you.”

“Hana!”

We all laughed at Jimin’s whining and I just hugged him to soothe him back, which leads to a smiling Jimin.

“Okay, enough with all that. Finish up soon or we will seriously be late,” said Namjoon oppa.