Chapter 7

Fight For You

The past week has gone by quickly, what with I juggled my time by going to each and every music show and events that I could and studying for the finals. Today is already their last broadcast and it’s only 4 days away to my finals, but here I am still with them. As they prepared and got dress, I took the chance to study.

“Hana, you’re doing okay?” interrupted Namjoon oppa.

“I suppose so. The exam is in 4 days and I think I tried to cover everything that I could in this one month.”

“Well you are one of the smartest people I’ve met. I’m sure you’ll nail it.”

I just smiled at Namjoon oppa’s sweet remark.

“And and in 6 days, it will be your birthday. Are you excited?” Taehyung chimed in, lightly pushing me with his body. I pushed him back playfully.

“Well I don’t really know what to feel. It is another birthday, but then knowing there is more to it. Getting back to my origins that I can only remember through memories. It is pretty nerve wrecking. I’m pretty much human still, so I don't know how this thing is going to work. Like do I just change or know. And the cut I had the other day wouldn’t heal itself at all.”

“You’re right, I’m sure it's nerve wrecking. You are definitely out of touch with your real self,” teased Taehyung.

I was about to push him again when suddenly a pillow was thrown directly to his face.

“Rather than teasing Hana, it would be better if you study together.”

“Sorry Hana. I’m out, your knight in shining armour has arrived,” whispered Taehyung.

I just laughed at them, always so silly playing around.

“Jimin, I’m fine. You know Tae with his teasing but thank you for saving me,” I said, smiling sheepishly.

Jimin smiled back and left to chase Taehyung. I just looked at Jimin, shaking my head to their childishness. Jimin was head-locking Taehyung, while Taehyung whined and fought for release. Well Jimin has been a great boyfriend. Nothing changed much from before, we are still as comfortable as we were, chatting and talking, spending our time together whenever we could. Though they were extra busy during the comeback, I still get to see them at home and during music shows, and Jimin made sure that we got to spend time together. Well there’s no lies when they said Jimin would be the clingy one when he dated but I appreciate it. I love spending my time with him, especially after our few years ‘apart’ because of the no smiling incident. He still cares for me as usual, maybe even more and he never shied away from showing his affection.

Sure we are just taking our time, enjoying what we are now, and the skinship is at the normal rate, we hugged a lot, that’s because we both love hugs. We held hands, slept together more (though Jungkook still has his nights, none of us can really deny him). Well we have yet to have our first kiss, but I am still very ‘kiss-y’ in kissing the cheeks and forehead (and Jimin is jealous eventhough he didn’t want to admit it because Jungkook still gets his kissing too. But I can’t help it, he’s my baby. I did try to reduce it though).

“Noona!” I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Jungkook.

“What are you thinking about? I’ve been calling you.”

“Nothing. Just stuff.”

“Suree. Anyway I’m done with my make-up and all but I’m so tired now. Can I sleep for awhile before the recording?” he asked pouting with his doe eyes. Knowing very well what he wanted, I patted my thigh. Instantaneously, he smiled his bunny smile and laid his head on my thigh happily. I patted his arm as I usually do to help him sleep while continuing reading the study materials.

I heard Jimin and Taehyung coming back and looked up, just in time to see Jimin’s surprised face, which quickly turned into a pout. He’s definitely being jealous now but he’s too cute looking like that. He’s smiling weakly now to cover his jealousy, as he walked towards us.

“Where did you guys go?” I asked.

“Nowhere. Just running around. Is Kookie sleping?”

I smiled inwardly, trying to prevent myself to show how much I enjoyed this.

“I suppose. He said he was tired. Do you want to sleep too? I still got my other leg vacant?”

He just shook his head.

“I still need to do my hair and make-up.”

“Aahhh you better go then, you know you take the longest time to get ready.”

He just stared at me, wanting to say something but just nodded and left. I quickly pulled his hand before he went too far. He looked at me, puzzled. I signalled him to bring his face closer as if I wanted to whisper something to him. As soon as he is close enough, I put my hand to his face and pulled him for a kiss on his cheek lovingly. He turned to look at me wide-eyed, and I saw his face got redder. I just giggled and whispered I love you, then pushed him to go get ready. His surprised look slowly changed into a small grin that he tried to hide. He’s too cute. I may have made him smile but I still need to give him extra attention tonight.

“Hi Hoseok oppa. You’ve worked hard throughout the comeback. Anyway, where’s Jiminnie?” I asked as I entered their room.

“In the toilet. Date night?”

He winked playfully. I just giggled and nodded.

“Someone is jealous again today. So I need to give some extra love. Don’t tell Jiminnie I said that.”

Hoseok oppa zipped his mouth and nodded, making me giggled some more at his silliness.

“Hana! What are you doing here?”

I turned to look at Jimin, who walked out with just a towel covering his lower body and was struggling to cover his upper body with a shirt. I quickly turned away and faced with a laughing Hoseok oppa.

“Look at you two lovebirds, all red and embarrassed. Quickly get dress Jimin before Hana has a different thought.”

“Oppa!” “Hyung!”

Hoseok oppa just laughed heartily, not even tyring to calm down.

“Hana, don’t look. I’ll be real quick.”

I just nodded and took one of Jimin’s pillows to hide my face. I tried to breathe steadily into the pillow to stop my heart from beating so fast. As it steadied, I heard Jimin called.

“Done?” I asked as I put the pillow away.

“Yup. What are you doing here again?” he said, sitting next to me.

So I turned to look at him, who’s smiling shyly but still happily.

“Nothing, just wanted to see my boyfriend and see how’s he doing?”

“So you do still care for me?”

“Have I never cared for you? Or is that Mr Jealous talking? I thought that peck on the cheek had solved it.”

I wriggled my eyebrow, teasing him.

“Who’s Mr Jealous? No one is jealous here,” he said, pushing me lightly.

“Aahh I see. I just thought I saw the pout, guess I was wrong,” hugging him and looking at his pouty expression.

“Alright you two, if you want to be lovey-dovey, don’t do it in front of the single person. I’m still here you know,” interrupted Hoseok oppa.

“Sorry hyung. The world just suddenly revolved between the two of us once I locked my eyes onto Hana.”

Hoseok oppa gagged and my hands curled.

“Cheesy!!” I said, hitting Jimin lightly.

“But serve you right hyung, that’s for laughing at us just now.”

“True, but we will take our leave now. Rest well oppa and see you tomorrow. Good night!” I said as I pulled Jimin out of the room.

We went to our usual spot and sat comfortably with the stars in front of us. Jimin was still pouting and quiet.

“Jimin honey, you know Kookie is like a younger brother to me or a son even. We all have been raising him since he was 5, well longer for you guys, hence I can’t help pampering him,” I explained as I brushed the back of his palm.

“That’s the thing. I know all that but sometimes I just can’t help it.”

“Well everyone is my family, I love and care for them immensely. But you are the person that my feelings have develop into something more. You don’t have to worry. No one would ever change my feelings towards you. The others are all my brothers, maybe except for Kookie, he’s my baby.”

“You sure?”

“I’m more than 100% sure. You are the only person that I love as a brother and friend at first, but now as a lover, a partner,” I said lovingly and kissed his cheeks.

“But you kiss Kookie’s cheeks and forehead too.”

“As a sisterly or motherly love. And I only do it when he’s sleeping or about to sleep. I even tried to reduce the amount of kissing Kookie because I know it might make you feel uncomfortable. However with you, I kiss you whenever I feel like it, whether you are wide-awake or asleep. I’m sorry Jimin. I’ll try to lessen it if you’re that uncomfortable with it.”

“No, no. That’s fine. You’re right. I never really realised that you only kissed when Kookie’s asleep. I know you love him lots and he has been going to you throughout the years. It’s not easy to suddenly push Kookie away. We are family after all. I understand that. It’s just my heart, you know.”

“Yeah I know. That’s why everytime it happens, I would give extra attention to you. So that you know that you’re my special one. And thank you for understanding, Jimin. I love you.”

“I love you too Hana,” Jimin said, smiling and he put his hands around me to pull me closer. I put my hands around him, hugging him and buried my face into his chest. We just sat in silence, enjoying each other’s presence. Hugging him tighter, that’s when I realised that he had grew thinner.

I looked up at him and asked, “Jimin are you okay?”

“Yeah I am. Feeling so much better now that I got all the attention and love.”

“Hahaha. I’m glad but that’s not it. I mean in health or something. You’ve grown thinner and actually paler. Have you been eating well?”

“Oh that. You know I was on a diet. But I guess I’m okay now.”

“Jimin I know that. I’ve been with you most of the time. I meant the other diet? Have you been taking your blood? I don’t think I saw you had any at all these past few weeks.”

Jimin looked away guilitily.

“Jimin come on. After I know everything, you guys haven’t shy away in drinking blood or using your powers in front of me and I don’t mind it at all. I have some memories of drinking it when I was younger, and I will join you guys soon enough. You don’t have to feel bad or whatever in talking about it.”

“Yeah, okay. No I haven’t had any for awhile. I was too focus losing weight, I kind of forgot to take some blood too.”

“God Jimin. Why? I told you that you are already beautiful and handsome. You look really good; you don't have to go on a diet at all. I should have realised. How are you holding up? Any withdrawals? Need me go get some blood?”

“Hana I’m fine. Just don’t mention it again or else I would crave for it now. I’ll have some tomorroo...”

Suddenly Jimin’s breath hitched.

“Jimin?”

I looked at him and his eyes slowly turned dark and he looked thirsty. Very thirsty.

“Hana, run.”

But I stood frozen, watching him. He looked like his in pain. I don’t think he could withstand the thirst if I run and get blood for him. Jimin suddenly pushed me away and stood very far away from me.

“I said run. I don’t want you to be hurt.”

“No, Jimin. I’m not gonna leave you alone like this. Actually here,” I exposed my neck to him.

“Drink some,” I offered. Jimin stared at me, shocked.

“Hana, are you crazy? I’ve never drink human blood before and never directly from the prey itself. And you, you are no human. You are a hybrid. I can’t do that.”

“Jimin, I’m still pretty human. I still got 6 days to my transformation.”

“Do you know what it means for us if we bite and drink from a human who volunteered willingly?”

“I don't and why does it matter?”

“It matters because that would be the most intimate thing for us ‘supernatural’. Between supernaturals, when we bite into each other and share the blood, means we would bond for life like the red thread. But for supernatural and human, if the human willingly offered blood, it means the same, they would bond.”

“Well I don’t see a problem in that. I don’t mind to be bonded with you.”

“But Hana, I don’t want to rush things through. I don’t want to bond you when there’s still more ahead of you. What if you change your mind?”

“Jimin! I love you. I really do and I wouldn’t want this in any other way. So please before you hurt yourself.”

Jimin still stared at me, but his eyes wavering now.

“But still, what if I can’t control myself. What if I drank too much?”

I walked closer to him and put my hands on his cheeks. He winced at the contact, fearing he would lose control.

“Jimin dear, I know you love me as much as I love you. I’m sure you will know when to stop. Looking at you now still having a sense of fear and patience despite being very thirsty, I know you will take me well.”

His dark eyes soften but I can still sense his thirst. Well his teeth revealing itself is another sign of it too.

“But we haven’t even had our first kiss yet. This like skipped lots of steps. Like I said it’s a real intimate and sacred thing, we might bond or not, since what you are is pretty vague now.”

I laughed wholeheartedly at that.

“Well things can’t be helped now. And as I said I wouldn’t want it in any other way. Our first kiss can wait for another time. Now bite me, you vampire.”

Jimin still looked at me hesitantly. Once again I exposed my neck and smiled at him to encourage him.

“It might hurt but I’ll do it gently and will care for you after.”

I just hummed and nodded, knowing fully well he would. He looked at me tender now and kissed my forehead lovingly, before slowly moving to my neck. I closed my eyes and felt his sharp teeth against my skin. Jimin placed his left hand behind my back and his right holding my head to hold me close. I held his waist for stronger support, I was still slightly nervous despite offering myself. Then he slowly sunk his teeth into my veins and I could feel the sharp pain in my neck. The pain quickly seeped through my whole body. As Jimin my blood, I felt my whole body temperature drastically raised and it felt like my energy and soul was draining towards the bite. It’s as if Jimin was my life out instead of blood.

Despite that, I managed to tighten my grip and felt Jimin caressing my back, hoping it could ease the pain. It did help me relax, so I tried focus everything on Jimin’s soothing touch and I slowly felt my eyes grew heavier. But all of a sudden, I could smell steak cooking and the scent was so strong, as if someone is cooking it behind my back.

“Jimin, you need to stop now. You had enough,” I heard Yoongi oppa said, tensed. Jimin froze and I slowly opened my eyes. He was just staring ahead blankly.

“Let go now Jimin. Let Hana rest. If you drink any further, we just might attract others with her scent,” added Namjoon oppa.

Jimin slowly pulled his teeth out and almost instantly I fell limb into Jimin. He was already holding me tightly.

“Oh God Hana. Are you okay? I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I told you I might not be able to stop. Gosh. Hana I’m sorry. Hyung I’m sorry. I just.”

“Stop Jimin. It’s fine. I’m okay. You did good. Plus you even soothed me and helped me to relax. So don’t be sorry. I’m okay, just sleepy,” I whispered and caressed his waist to assure him.

“Hana’s right, Jimin. She’s fine. You didn’t over drink or anything. Just that the scent kind of bother us but thank you Jin hyung, now I’m craving for steak. I also tried to soothe whatever tension there is. We were just scared that we might give away Hana’s existence or location,” said Hoseok oppa.

“Kookie, are you okay now? If you are, come up here and help carry Hana,” shouted Jin oppa to Jungkook who’s still downstairs.

“No, it’s okay. I can carry Hana. I’m sorry again hyungs and thank you for stopping me,” said Jimin as he carried me bridal-style. The oppas just cooed Jimin and told him it’s fine. Jimin got up slowly and planted a kiss on my forehead. I smiled at him and mouthed I love you before completely knocked out.


“OMG I’m so nervous. The exam is today.”

I was fidgeting in bed with Jimin trying to calm me down.

“That’s not fair. Why aren’t you and Tae taking it with me?”

“Sorry baby. We had a schedule and will only be able to take it later on our own.”

I pouted and snuggled into him more.

“Well Hana, we all know that you would pass this test with flying colours. Me and Tae would only barely pass just to graduate,” Jimin soothed.

“I just wish we would still take it together. It’s like our last time to walk to school together.”

“I know and we are sorry that it turns out this way.”

“It’s okay. I know it can’t be helped. You guys are busy enough with all the schedule.”

I cupped his face and receiving his bright smile.

“But are you sure you’re doing well?” asked Jimin as he propped up on his elbow to have a clearer look at me. He’s been worrying too much after ‘the bond’.

“Jimin I told you so many times that I’m fine. It’s been 4 days now. I’ve rested enough and managed to cover everything despite knocking out for almost a day.”

“Exactly. I’m not sure if that's enough, what with you burning the midnight oils to cover everything.”

“And get to spend extra time with you and Tae while we study together.”

I smiled and kissed his cheeks to ensure him that I’m alright. Jimin still looked worried and slowly brought his hand to the bite scar.

“Does it still hurt?”

“Not really. It’s bearable. Jimin, enough. Seriously I’m fine now don’t worry too much. You should be worrying about the exam instead. Plus I enjoyed being pampered by you and my lovely brothers for a change.”

He rolled his eyes but gave me his goofy smile.

“Well I should get up and go get ready now. I don’t want to be late,” I said, as I was about to get off the bed. But Jimin suddenly pulled me back on the bed and locked me in between his arm. He looked at me intensely and I felt my face got warmer.

“Jiimiin!” I stuttered as Jimin caressed my face with love.

“Hana, I know we said we want to take our time and all, but what with ‘the bond’ we kind of skipped the whole thing and I know I want it to be a perfect moment. Well I think this is it, the perfect moment,” Jimin said as he slowly moved dangerously closer to me and I could feel my heart skipped couple beats.

He looked at me with love but also was waiting for a sign or signal for permission. I gave him a small nod understanding what he meant and closed my eyes. At that instance, I felt Jimin closing in closer and his soft plump lips connecting to mine, indicating our first kiss. Jimin was so gentle, kissing me softly but I could feel his love melting me.

After what felt like forever, Jimin finally broke the kiss and I slowly opened my eyes. The view I was greeted with was Jimin looking at me lovingly and smiling brightly. I brought my hand to my face suddenly feeling shy about our first kiss.

“I’m not sure if that’s perfect but I thought you could use a good luck kiss as your first kiss. It would make us remember it more.”

I laughed and squeezed his cheeks.

“It’s perfect, Jimin. You don’t have to explain. It’s a moment that only we create hence it is still special. I wouldn’t call it otherwise,” I said, smiling sheepishly. Jimin laughed heartily at that.

“Urghh you’re so cheesy sometimes.”

“Just like you are.”

Jimin smiled and slowly placed his forehead against mine. We just stared at each other, conveying our love through our eyes.

“Jimin if you don’t get off from Hana now, she’ll definitely be late,” shouted Yoongi oppa suddenly.

“Hyung!”

Jimin shouted back and we both giggled, embarrassed that we got caught. Jimin quickly gave me a peck on the lips.

“Just for good measure,” he said while getting off the bed. I just hit him lightly but smiling goofily.

“There you are Hana,” greeted Jin oppa as I entered the kitchen.

Everyone was setting up the table and filling it with various delicacies.

“Oppa, what’s all this?”

“It is your food of course, silly. You need all the energy possible for you to be able to sit the exam well. Just a little support from us. It’s nothing compared to all you support for us all these years.”

“No oppa. Me supporting you is a given, you are my family after all, and plus I’m a hard-core ARMY. It can’t be help. But everyone had done their fair share in supporting each other in this household, I’m forever grateful to have such amazing brothers with me.”

“Still, this is for good luck,” said Hoseok oppa.

I just nodded and took a seat, grateful for the big breakfast served.

“Thank you then everyone. I was so nervous earlier but with all the love received and all these, I think I would do great.”

“You definitely will Hana, at least better those two,” said Namjoon oppa. We all laughed while Jimin and Taehyung just groaned and whined.

“Noona, what will you do once you’re done?”

“Nothing plan yet Kookie. Why?”

“Maybe we should go out and celebrate your freedom from school, though I’m still stuck for another 2 years,” he groaned.

“Sure thing. I’ll come by to the studio once I’m done. You guys will be there after your schedule, right?”

Jungkook just nodded enthusiastically to that.

“Okay, settle down now or else Hana will be late. Dig in everyone,” interrupted Jin oppa.


Urghh. I stretched as I exited the exam hall. I’m done. I’m finally done with school. I no longer need to drag myself to this place. I don’t care what my results would be, but I know I did well enough to graduate at least and that’s all that matters.

I stood at the entrance and basked in the view. The weather was clear; I can see the clear blue sky with the right amount of clouds with the sound of others chattering happily as they left. It’s definitely a good day to end high school. I should text Jimin that I’m on my way.

To: Chim <3

I’m freeeee!!!! Good luck with yours later. Hahahahha. Anyway I’m on my way to you *wink Love you

Bang!

I suddenly felt pain behind my neck and the last thing I saw was Jimin’s text.

From: Chim <3

Don’t remind me about the exam. But yeayyy for you. Come quick, I’ll be waiting. Love you more.


Heyyy.

Just so you know I wrote this after watching Run BTS! Ep 31 where Kookie is being so adorable and sleepy. I can't help adding a part where he wanted to sleep and how Hana herself still wanting to baby her. Hahaha. I'm not the only one, right?

Hopefully you enjoy reading the story, eventhough I think it's a bit quick. Well leave some comments and thank you for reading!