Chapter 1

Fight For You

“Hana! Hana! Hana noona, wake up!!”

I was awakened by the gentle shake around my shoulders. I groaned and pushed the hand away, trying to get more sleep.

“I think she’s calming down. I can sense it,” I heard a voice saying. What are they talking about? Curious, I rubbed my eyes lazily, forcing myself to wake up. As I opened my eyes, I saw Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok oppa, all staring at me. Instinctively, I sat up right and smoothed down my hair.

“What are you guys doing in here? It’s a lady's room, you shouldn’t barge in like that.”

“Come on noona, we’ve been living together since forever, there’s nothing to hide anymore. It’s not like you are not used to seeing us in your room,” answered Jungkook, smirking. I rolled my eyes and hit his arm, causing him to burst into laughter.

“Well I’m almost 18 now, so technically I’ll be a lady soon. So you can’t do that anymore,” I whined.

“Hana are you okay though? You were having a nightmare. Again,” cut Jimin. Was I? I don’t remember having any nightmares.

“Did I really?”

“Yeah, you were moving around and panting. Jimin heard you and called us to check on you,” answered Hoseok oppa. I scratched my head, thinking but I really can’t remember a thing.

“Well I guess I should say thank you then. Though I don’t remember anything. Wait, what time is it now?”

“It’s still pretty early; and I’m sure most of us will sleep in later, since we won’t have any schedule. Plus we just got back from practice anyway,” said Hoseok oppa. I grabbed my phone from beside my pillow and saw that the time was almost 4 am. They must have been working late again. They always worked too hard.

“Aahh okay. Well you should all get some rest then. I won’t wake you up. I should sleep some more too since I still got school tomorrow,” I said looking at them, smiling. Hoseok oppa smiled back and left.

“Nooonaaaa, can I sleep with you?” Jungkook said, giving me that look that he knew I couldn’t resist, with his bright doe eyes staring at me pleadingly and his bunny smile turned into a cute little pout. I looked at Jimin, who looked at me knowingly and just shrugged. He gave me a weak smile and just left. I looked at Jungkook again, still having that look and sighed in defeat. I lifted my cover and scoot over to give him space. The pout quickly changed into his signature bunny smile and he jumped into the bed. He positioned himself comfortably, pushing his hand under my waist hugging me and placed his head on my chest. This is definitely the power of the maknae. No one in this house can really say no to him. I put my hand around his neck to pull him closer and kissed the top of his head. He groaned softly satisfied at the affection. We both closed our eyes and let sleep overtook us.


I just managed to sleep about half an hour, when I woke up again. Sleep would definitely not creep in again. Jungkook was sound asleep, still snuggling into me tightly. I took a peek at Jungkook’s sleeping face, the only time his baby face would still be seen. It reminded me of the time when we first met. I think I was about 7 years old then, when I was brought to this house. I remembered holding Bang ahjussi’s hand tightly, as if my life depended on it.

“Hana dear, welcome to ahjussi’s home. You will be safe here and we will all protect you here. Come let me introduce you to everyone.”

He opened the door and slowly pulled me in. We were greeted by the sight of a walkway filled with shoe cabinets on both side, ready to be filled. There were a quite number of shoes, making me wonder how many people were living in this house. From the look of it, I would say about 10, though the shoe sizes were pretty small. I just followed Bang ahjussi walked further til he stopped. I looked at Bang ahjussi and then turned my head to where he was looking. There, I saw 7 boys standing in line, staring at me. From their height, they may be around my age. However, what struck me the most was their unhuman beauty and pale skin. Even at such age, I know they will grow up making thousands or even millions of girls swoon over them. Feeling a little nervous by the stare, I unconsciously tighten my grip.

“No no no. Don’t be scared. We didn’t mean to stare,” said one of the boys with the brightest heart-shaped smile I’ve ever seen. With that being said, everyone loosen up and smiled at me. Then, the tallest of the group and the most beautiful of them all, slowly approached me and held his hand towards me.

“Hi. I’m Kim Seokjin, the eldest here and you can call me Jin oppa,” he said. I looked at Bang ahjussi, who gave me a smile and encouraged me to introduce myself. I took Jin oppa’s hand and answered, “My name is Jung Hana. I’m 7 years old.”

Suddenly, there were excitement squeaks from a boy with cute chubby cheeks and another boy with a box-like smile.

“Me too, me too. I’m 7 years old,” said the boy with chubby cheeks.

“Hello friend. I’m Kim Taehyung,” said the other boy, holding out his hand. I took it too and nodded, and the other boy slightly pushed Taehyung and held his hand to me. I took it as he said, “I’m Park Jimin.”

Taehyung’s box-like smile showcased his perfect teeth and Jimin had the most charming smile, showing more of his chubby cheeks. Looking at these two greeting me excitedly, instantaneously brought a smile to my face, feeling more comfortable.

“Yah, you two just skipped the order of the introduction,” said a boy with the palest skin and a grumpy look. He walked towards me and held his hand, “Min Yoongi,” he said. I was a bit scared and just stared at him when he suddenly gave me a gummy smile, which was a 360 change from his grumpy look earlier. I shook his hand and gave him a smile back.

“Alright, it’s my turn now. Give way,” said the boy with the heart-shaped smile brightly, almost skipping towards me. “Jung Hoseok is my name. You can call me Hoseok oppa, and if you ever need energy, hope, happiness, then I’m the person you need,” he said as he leaned forward to give me a hug. I froze, receiving the hug awkwardly.

“Yah Hoseok. You can't just hug someone right away like that. Look at the poor girl, stood frozen because of you,” said the boy who has some kind of charisma, like a leader.

“Why? Are you still scared or nervous?” asked Hoseok oppa, panicking. I shook my head, giggling now.

“No, it just surprised me. I didn't see it coming,” I answered.

“Well you better get used to it since he is always touchy like that,” added Jin oppa, making everyone laughed.

“Our turn, come Jungkook-ah,” said the ‘leader’, while holding hands with the smallest boy of the group.

“I’m Kim Namjoon. You can call me Namjoon oppa, and this little one is our maknae. He’s a little shy when it comes to new people. Introduce yourself, Jungkook.”

The maknae looked up to me and that’s the first time I see such beautiful doe eyes. It fits him, making him more baby-like than he already was.

“Hello Hana noona. My name is Jeon Jungkook. I’m the maknae, 5 years old.”

“Hello Jungkook. It is nice to meet you. It is nice to meet all of you. Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope we can all be friends. I’ll be as helpful and useful as I can,” I said looking at each of them with a bright smile, feeling so much comfortable already.

I can’t believe 11 years had passed since that fateful encounter. Not only we are friends, but we are more of a family. They are my family. We grew up here, going through our daily lives together, went to school together. We even have roles. Like Jin oppa is the caring uncle of the group, literally in the way he talks and acts. He also have tons of ahjussi jokes, and funny or not, he would still laughed his windshield laugh on his own. Despite all that, he really cares for all if us. Being the eldest one, he would ensure that we are all balance and united. He is the mediator when there are fights going on in the group and he always used his special skill to make all of us to calm down, by giving us food. He’s the best chef in this house. There was this one time when Namjoon oppa and Hoseok oppa were fighting because Namjoon oppa keeps on breaking stuff and Hoseok oppa was the one who always had to clean it up. They were shouting at each other and stopped only when Jin oppa threatened them that they won’t be able to eat unless they made up. They immediately apologised and try to come to a middle point of the argument. It were all good after and we all got to it his carbonara spaghetti.

Whereas, Yoongi oppa is the grumpy grandpa. He always speaks his mind and can be really savage at times. Bed and sleep is like a second nature to him. Even though, all of us are sometimes scared of him, sometimes he would be so silly too, along with us. And unlike his grumpy mood, he always made sure that things are in order and care for us when we didn’t expect it. Like this one time in school, Jimin, Taehyung and I got into trouble with some upperclassmen. Well, it was their fault in the first place, they were harassing and teasing me saying how I would never get a boyfriend since I’m such a boy myself and always hung out with boys. They even offered to help me with some experience. That was when Jimin and Taehyung suddenly came. Taehyung was staring them down in this intense glare and Jimin was giving them a killer smile, I guess you could call it that, while his hair back. The upperclassmen became more aggravated and they were approaching us growling. Just as they were about to beat us, Yoongi oppa showed up while clicking his tongue. His eyes were dark, even I shivered. He stood protectively in front of us and just glared at them. They stopped approaching and just glared back but left. As soon as they as they were out of sight, Yoongi oppa turned and looked at us. His eyes were no longer dark, but full of worry. Though with that look, he pulled Jimin and Taehyung’s ear, saying they were supposed to be careful and not make things worse. Taehyung and Jimin squealed in pain asking Yoongi oppa to let them go. Yoongi oppa ignored them and looked at me with care, asking if I was alright. I nodded and said thanks to Jimin and Taehyung, and of course Yoongi oppa too. He released his hand from their ears and ended up treating us to lamb skewers. That’s how thoughtful and caring Yoongi oppa is. He may seem rough but he’s gentle at heart.

Hoseok oppa is our mood maker, just as he said when he introduced himself when we first met. His energy level is outstanding, and he can really brighten up the place in just few seconds. Even though he is all crazy and loud, he is also the most calm when we were in a distress situation. He knows how to calm us down and really give us hope, it’s almost like he can control the surrounding emotions. I think it was about a year after we lived together, we were going out to shop. While in the elevator, it suddenly stopped mid-way but what made it worse was the sudden drop. The drop was about a few seconds and no one was harmed, but we all definitely panicked. Jin oppa, Hoseok oppa and I were the one screaming the loudest. I was on the verge of tears when Jungkook came and hugged me to calm me down. Despite being the maknae, he definitely was the strongest and bravest. Jimin and Taehyung too came and hugged us after, together with Yoongi oppa. Namjoon oppa was calming down Jin oppa, who was blubbering nonsense at the time. Whereas, Hoseok oppa, even though he screamed as well, he suddenly took charge and calmed us all down and gave us words of hope. The whole time he was giving us words of hope and smiling, everything seems okay, like we all believed him and calmed down. We even managed to laugh to his silly jokes. Later, he was the one who handled the situation calmly and managed to get us out of the elevator. Now that I think about it, the whole situation was pretty funny. Hoseok oppa really gave his all to make us calm despite being scared himself at first.

Am I listing them one by one then? This is going to be long. But okay then, let’s move on to Namjoon oppa. Well as I observed from the first time, although he is not the eldest, he is the clumsy leader. He emitted such charisma and his wise mind are fitting for his role as the leader of the group. He is also the most intelligent out of all of us with an IQ of 148, hence mastering various languages is a piece of cake to him. However, being said that, he is still the clumsiest one in the group, earning the title God of Destruction. Just as why he fought with Hoseok oppa, he literally would break anything that he touched. Sometimes I think I saw him move (more like breaking) the things without touching it, like he was just staring blankly but something suddenly broke. It’s funny but eerie at the same time. Jin oppa always reminded Namjoon oppa to stay away from the kitchen or refrain from any cooking because he really might cause danger instead. Once, he almost blew up the grill by just turning the knob and made everyone panicked. We were lucky to have Jin oppa and Yoongi oppa who acted quickly and solved the fire issue. Then again, with all that, he still managed to lead the group well and all of us still listen to him as much as we listened to Jin oppa.

Next, we have Jimin and Taehyung. Well I put them together because they are like peas in a pod and also they are the closest with me since we are all 95 liners. Both Jimin and Taehyung are very loud, cheerful, almost beagle-like. Add Jungkook in and the oppas always had to scream or do something to make them stop. But they are the life of the party of the group and always making everyone laughed at their silly skits. Since we are the same age, we always went to school together, most of the time we were in the same class but there were years that we weren’t but they always try to have lunch with me. Though as we grew older, we have our own group of friends and we gave way for each other to spend time with our friends. But we promised to always walk to school and back home together, and that was our time to catch up. Both of them are also very protective of me though, just like the time when Yoongi oppa saved us. And being so close to them, I realised both of them have this different habit they always do, like for Jimin, whenever something is not going his way (actually almost too many times) he would his hair back while looking at the other person intensely, smiling almost and somehow the other person would do what Jimin said as if captivated by him. But then again who wouldn't, with his unhuman looks and that move, it could really make anyone swoon. Whereas for Taehyung, he is always too distracted especially when there are animals nearby, like he needs to stop and chat with them as if they understood each other. Our walk home always took longer than it supposed to because Taehyung needed to chat with his animal friends. We even had to go out of our way one time because Taehyung said the cat needed their help and when we followed the cat, truly one of its kittens had fallen into a deep hole. So those are their unique habits that they keep on denying. Anyway, even though the three of us are very close, but I think I have a more special connection with Jimin. I mean Jimin always knew when I’m sad or distressed and he always find ways to cheer me up. I don't know how he did it but he did and I’m really grateful. Well then again he is always kind that way though with everyone. However, it has been quite some time but I realised that he is smiling less and less. He always had this unreadable expression on his face and he would only give us a weak smile, not his bright smile til his eyes are close like the first time we met. He is still kind, caring and laughed now and then but the smile is gone and the way he cares also changed a bit I think. I always tried to ask him but he always either dismissed, ignored or just simply avoided me. But it never stopped me from asking whenever I had the chance and I won’t give up til I know why.

Lastly, our maknae Jungkook. Well his is the golden maknae because he can do literally everything that is thrown to him (maths is the only exception). He is definitely the baby though sometimes he whined that he’s treated like a baby, but none of us can’t resist it because despite him being the strongest and all, he didn’t realise how adorable he is even without doing anything. He is our source of pride. I looked at Jungkook again still sleeping soundly, which immediately bringing a smile to  my face. I guess it’s my fault that he kept on wanting to sleep together when he got the chance too. That very same night when I just arrived in this house, as I was about to sleep, Jimin and Jungkook suddenly came into my room.

“Jungkook wanted to come and see if you were alright,” said Jimin.

“Really Jungkook? Noona is alright, thank you for your concern,” I said smiling at him.

“Noona, do you want us to sleep with you? When I first got here, I was so lonely and scared but the hyungs all comfort me and slept with me. That definitely made me better. So I know how it feels. I can sleep with you if you want. Right, Jimin hyung?” he said, introducing me to his bunny smile that I can’t resist til now.

“Sure we can, if Hana wants us too,” Jimin looked at me, smiling and his hair back.

“Well I guess it’s fine. I don’t mind the company for the night.” Jungkook jumped happily and got into my bed. I scoot to give them both room with Jungkook being in the middle.

“The hyungs hugged and snuggled with me when I sleep, so I’m gonna hug noona too.” I just let him be, appreciate the warmth his given me. Since then, they would come to my room almost every night, giving the same reason over and over again with his pleading look. Though over the years, Jimin stopped at a point, maybe because all of us were growing and there were not enough room for three on the bed, but Jungkook kept on coming when he can. Sometimes even when I was already asleep, the next morning when I woke up he was already there snuggling against me.

I looked at Jungkook’s sleeping face again, I might have pampered him too much, that he’s still doing this. Not that I’m complaining, he is way too adorable. I kissed the top of his head; slowly lifting his hand and tried to wriggle my way out without disturbing him. Hoseok oppa did say they would sleep in, so I thought I could make some food for them, hoping I could reduce their tiredness.


Hello.

How do you like the story? I actually tried to be as close as how they are in real life, just as how we see them. I might not do them justice and may add more for the story but yeah, that's how it is.

Well thank you for reading. I hoped you enjoyed it and stayed to read til the end.