Seven

Slowly Coming Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bigbang Dome Tour has just begun and for the first time, fans could see how stressed out the maknae was on stage. He looked as if he didn't catch enough rest, most of them would be thinking that Seungri partied too hard – indeed he was being everywhere with NHR and Bigbang tight schedules – but no, he only worked hard to forget about the difficulties of adoption. He usually talked much, instead he was being reserved and only responded to questions being thrown at him by his hyungs with quick answers. The hyungs knew about his issue, but it would be more awkward if they ignored him on stage doing nothing but singing. Fans has been talking about it and he got so many comments on his SNS after the first concert.

“You okay, maknae?” Youngbae patted his back and made himself comfortable sitting beside him. They were in the backstage for Tokyo dome concert day two.

“Yeah, I'm fine.” Truthfully, no, he wasn’t. 

“How's the progress?”

“Slow.”

Seungri heaved a sigh. He his macbook to listen to some music NHR crew had produced, his approval was needed to release the tracks. Only several songs were good enough for cash, so he slowly put them in different folder.

“It's been two months since you requested for a meeting.”

Seungri didn’t know that Youngbae was still there watching him doing his other work. He probably was waiting for his make-up turn. Seungri has done that before others.

“They keep refusing to see me as they know what I've been up to. My lawyer tried to persuade them but failed.”

“Have you tried to come and asked them by yourself?”

“I was thinking about it, but our schedule didn’t allow me to comply with it. But I think I can go there after our stop in Fukuoka next week.”

“What if they will deny your adoption request?” Youngbae questioned.

Seungri tensed up. It wasn’t like he didn’t think about the worst possibility which was Im Joonie parents denied him as the adoptive parent, because truth to be told, they hated him.

“I'll get down on my knees and beg.”

Youngbae choked on his drink. Seungri knew what the words Youngbae wanted to say after the shocking decision. If he was Seungri from half a year ago, begging would only wound his pride. Getting on his knees was a terrible idea and adopting a baby was a huge waste of time. But maknae was different now.

“You're being very persistent nowadays,” said Youngbae. He chose not to speak loud his mind this time. “Well, not like it was something new for us, and of course your hyungs and I are very supportive about whatever you do, it’s just kind of weird to see you're so persistent to do something for someone else, instead of for your own benefit.”

“It is for my own benefit, to get my son back.”

“I don't believe you look at him as a property who has value to give you more profit in life, in fact – let me say it boldly – Im Joonie will only cause you trouble like what Jiyong is going through right now.” Youngbae stated. Maknae was tongue-tied at the mention of Jiyong.

“You sounded so rude just now, hyung.”

“I know, but I just wanted to state those facts, believe it or not you have to prepare your mentality to go through the trials today and what will come tomorrow after you've successfully adopted him. However, you know that I'm behind you on this one. I'll help to get Im Joonie back to you. I only hope you’re ready.”

“I'm more than ready, hyung.” Seungri whispered. He rested his head on the table and covered it with his hands. 

“This is for no one's benefit besides Kwon baby himself. I do this not for myself to feel some closure after what I did to Jiyong. This isn't for Jiyong too. I have to do this because it's a must. There’s always question after question appeared in my mind whether my son is okay or not, is he having his meal just fine, does the babysitter treat him well, or is he missing his momma because lately I hardly have time to visit. I guess it must be what every parent feels, right? Now I understand my mother who keeps worrying about me because I'm never home and keep moving for work or business.” Seungri lifted up his face a little, smiling softly.

“I've never thought there will come a time where maknae becomes this mature.” Seunghyun said. He and Daesung who have been listening intently after they finished their make-up, came closer. Youngbae nodded.

“It feels weird right to see Seungri grows up to be a dependable man and protective mother like this. Last time I checked, it was us and his mother who were busy being concerned about his safety. Look at him now! Our baby can't stop thinking about his own baby.” Daesung added lightheartedly. Seungri was blushing hard as the hyungs were laughing at his cute actions. Seunghyun ruffled the youngest hair.

“The only thing we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter