Eight

Slowly Coming Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungri was walking in the hallway of the foster care alone where he was scheduled to meet Jung Hwa and Bae Hwayoung. He told the rest of Bigbang members about his sudden change of plan – he was supposed to have a meeting with them and Yang Hyunsuk about the future of the group – and asked them to cover him up, because as much as Yang Hyunsuk liked the group, he was still very sensitive when it came to the Kwon baby's matter.

Youngbae offered to accompany him but Seungri kindly refused. Youngbae needed to be there as the second leader. They were going to discuss about the group's contract whether they wanted to prolong it or not. 

From what he heard from staffs at the concert who have been shamelessly gossiping about the leader, Kwon Jiyong has resigned from YG Entertainment, much to Yang Hyunsuk's regret – Jiyong was the money machine for God's sake – and yet he hasn’t told anybody, including Bigbang and Seungri himself.

That was probably the reason why he was back in town. 

The staffs also said that Yang Hyunsuk still tried so hard to bring Jiyong back and prevent Bigbang to fall into pieces. Sajangnim regretted that he couldn’t protect his golden boy, petition asking for Jiyong's death was everywhere.

But Jiyong looked okay, was he really fine with everything?

Seungri hoped he could’ve asked that last time they cuddled. He blamed his body for giving up so quick and made him forget about everything.

There were so many things he wanted to ask him, like how could he arrange this meeting with Kwon baby's biological parents? Why weren’t they in prison?

He made a turn to his left where Kwon baby room was. Seungri brought something for him, a pack of milk and baby food he made by himself before he went here. He was so excited. It has been awhile since the last time he met Im Joonie due to his hectic schedule. And today, no matter how hard the process to persuade his parents, Seungri would make Kwon baby his. Today was the day and despite he couldn’t explain the feelings inside his heart, he knew it was a good omen.

He opened the door but stopped before he could go in. There sat someone, a woman, in front of Im Joonie who stared at her blankly. The same stare Seungri got the first time he met the boy.

“Joonie-ah, it's omma … omma.” Seungri felt his heart dropped. She was Bae Hwayoung.

What was she trying to do?

As if he knew someone was coming, Im Joonie looked up. Seungri could see the bright on the baby's face was back. 

“Momma!” Joonie quickly tried to get up from where he sat, but failed. The tiny baby wanted to reach his mother so bad, he wanted to walk but couldn’t. Hwayoung immediately catched him, but the baby wriggled out of her hold and crawled into Seungri.

Seungri put his things away before he lifted the baby up, his eyes never left Hwayoung who looked at him with the same intensity. Seungri understood what Youngbae said now. The woman had the same ambitious yet innocent eyes as him. No wonder the first time Im Joonie stared at him, he looked intently inside his eyes.

“Momma! Missyaa …”

“Baby missed momma?” Seungri asked.

“Neh!” Joonie said cheerfully, the sadness was clearly seen in Hwayoung's face. The petite woman stood up as well.

“Lee Seungri-ssi, right?” She asked, giving her hand for handshake.

“Yes. Hwayoung-ssi, can I call you that? Where is … Im Jung Hwa?”

“Yeah, you can call me that. He'll be here soon.” Hwayoung said. “So, the baby … you want him, huh?”

“Yes, unlike you.” Seungri shrugged.

He shouldn’t have said that but he couldn’t help it. He was irked by them so bad, they were not only making Im Joonie's life miserable, but also Jiyong as well. Seungri himself was trapped between the two.

Hwayoung smirked. “And he calls you mother.”

“I don’t know why people found it funny, maybe because of my gender I couldn’t be a mother in their eyes. However for me, being a mother is not about being a woman or not. I also don't understand how it feels like to get pregnant, but I know well the feeling when I'm away from him that makes me believe I was born to be a mother instead of father.” Seungri said. 

“You spoke like you've been a mother for years.” Hwayoung sneered.

“At least I didn't abandon my baby in front of rich guy's car.” 

Hwayoung felt resentful by his words. She saw Seungri carefully prepared the food he brought for Joonie while the boy himself was busy his milk from the bottle.

“Do you even know how it feels like to abandon my own child?” Hwayoung started. “Do you even have any idea what I've been going through that makes me dump him away from my life?"

Seungri stared at her sternly. “No, I don't. Even if I know, I'm still thinking it's not enough reason to get rid of your baby in the first place.”

Hwayoung couldn't say anything back.

“Momma ppoppo.”

“Ppoppo?” Seungri smiled softly at Joonie, very different from the way he peered at her. Seungri kissed his cheek, the baby giggled happily on his seat.

“Momma dada come.”

Seungri stopped what he was doing, ignoring the fact that Hwayoung was still staring at his every move.

“D-dada comes? Jiyong is here?”

“Neh! Neh! Dada!”

No wonder Joonie seemed so excited today. He looked afraid only when he was in the room with Hwayoung alone. After he was under Seungri's care, Joonie completely ignored his real mother.

“Where is he?” Seungri asked softly.

“Donno …” Joonie shook his head. "Dada! Momma! 'appy!”

“That man was the one who caused it all.” Bae Hwayong was annoyed because she was being ignored by Seungri and her own baby.

“Who? Jiyong?” Seungri asked, he almost forgot the woman was still in the same room as him.

“He made us, Im Joonie and I, suffer from Jung Hwa's violence towards us. He, along with his best friend, had a little revenge after what we've been putting them through. That man is the greediest also the creepiest man I've ever known. He climbed up to be the best and most successful artist to destroy us, he bought Jung Hwa's company and cut everyone that had connection with us out. He had no mercy.”

“He isn't like that.” Seungri stated calmly.

“Keep believing in your fantasy, baby. He isn't as good as you think he is. Kwon Jiyong doesn't care about others besides himself.”

“You lie.”

“That night, I have had enough. Jung Hwa was abusing me and Joonie. He almost burned my face so I put Joonie in front of me for a shield.”

“You crazy psychopath!” Seungri screamed, his body shook in total hate towards the woman.

Hwayoung shrugged it off. “I ran away from home after that. Joonie, this insolent brat, kept crying and asking for help. I was afraid his loud scream would wake Jung Hwa up. So I quickly put him into a box and ran.”

Seungri was shaking as he hugged the boy who was still drinking his milk, tightly.

“Momma?”

“I wanted to make Jiyong feel what I've been through so I dumped Joonie outside YG Entertainment right in front of his famous car. He didn’t know that Jung Hwa and I had a child before, but who was I kidding? That man has always been the smartest one between us.”

“He came after me. I have no idea till today how he could find my number. He called me, nicely, with a little bit flirting here and there. I was so stupid because I still had this feeling for him inside my heart and that crazy bastard used it for his own advantage. He said he knew Im Joonie was my son and he wanted to adopt him, along with me as his mother. He knew how it felt like being abused by Jung Hwa, he had experienced it in the first place. So I came to him that night, to his apartment where he promised to meet me. He ratted me out to the cops on my way to him. That same day I saw him in front of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter