You Will Never Be Alone

The Sassy Warrior

Hyomin’s pov


It’s been almost a week from that first night of the weird incident. Time strangely move faster these days and I am getting anxious on what will happened to me. I’ve been feeling like fading from time to time now.


Time. I wish I can stop it or slow it down.


I ask our shaman if I am going to disappear into thin air any moment from now on, back to my own time and she said it’s not going to be that simple for me to leave this place.


She tell me something like the decision is on me. I tell her not to tell me yet how it need to be done because if the decision is on me, then I don’t think I can do it. Not now. Not any sooner.


Above all, I can’t stay. If I choose to stay here, then I will die on both side.


Somehow I feel like being told that my time left here is not that much. Sooner or later, I have to go. Knowing that, the only thing that I want to do is spending more time with Jiyeon.


I’m not ready to live a life where there is no her in it. Maybe I get used to her presence and get attached to it. Or what if this feeling is actually love?


What is love by the way?


...


“Tell me about your place. Is it very different from here?”


We are both lying down enjoying our breezy afternoon at our secret lake. I actually found this lake while riding with Jung hyung back then. I fall in love with this place and often visiting it from that day on.


“My place?” I turn to look at Jiyeon beside me. “I will tell you with drawing” I then said, picking up my drawing tools which I brought along earlier.


“Building are a lot taller” I start with telling her about building and houses while drawing an example of tall building.


“And we don’t use horse anymore” I said, peeking at her and smile. She smile back, giving anticipated look of what I am going to say next.


What a cutie.


“We use car instead” I said and draw a car. I explain a bit about how to use a car and sensing that Jiyeon can’t quite get it, I can’t help to laugh.


“But you know, this thing is the reason of why I am here. I got into a car crash. My car get hit by another car” I said.


“Horse sound safer” Jiyeon furrowed her brow, maybe trying to imagine how the car is moving and get into accident.


I laugh thinking about how it looks like if peoples still using horse instead of car on modern day. Maybe there won’t be accident and we don’t have to pay for gas too. Just feed the horse.


Not bad though. It just a bad ride when it rain.


“And” I then doodle myself in modern outfit holding a phone. “This addictive thing got a lot of usage especially to communicate” I said, pointing to the phone. “Even when we are far from each other, we still can talk to each other. Everyone are glued to it at my place”


Phone’s criteria kinda amazed Jiyeon. She looks impressed on what it can do as I explained it to her.


How I wish I can bring her back home and gave her one.


“Another thing is if you live on my time with me” I said, doodling Jiyeon next to myself holding my hand. “We still can get married”


“What do you mean?” Jiyeon gave a confuse look to me, clueless of what I actually trying to tell her.


“I am not a guy, remember?”


“You mean we as both girls?”


“Yea” I talk a bit about modern age people’s perception of it to her and how it will be like if we get together on modern age.


“Then we can’t have our own kid that way”


Our own kid? Did she just said that? Imagine a little version of both of us, a small cutie that look exactly like both of us. How wonderful is that.


“Yea” I don’t know what else to say.


“You sound like coming from heaven” Jiyeon then said.


LOL 


“Believe me it’s more like hell” I said, laughing out loud to that sudden statement.


“Your place sound like a nice place. Except for this” Jiyeon pointed to the car on my drawing. “This thing is weird”


For a moment, I didn’t say anything, letting the silence taking over.


“This whole time we lived together, what is your favourite moment with me?” I wonder if there any, so I ask.


Jiyeon contemplating for seconds before answering me. “That time... the tournament...”


I raises my brow. Yes the tournament. And?


“The thing you said at that time” Jiyeon’s face start to blush making me wonder what did I say at that time?


Wait.


Ough. “So you heard it” I am shy now. She like it?


Jiyeon shyly nodded and continue saying “Then, that game we play, I like those time too”


LOL I thought that one is my bad move but it looks like it’s not bad at all. This whole thing definitely not one sided.


Now that I think of all this, I am not sure if it is a good thing anymore because after all I can’t stay. Sooner or later, I’ve got to go, leaving her.


“I love you”


I actually said that. Thinking about how we don’t have much time left, I feel the need to say it.


Jiyeon surprisingly lean close and kiss me right after I said my confession.


I close my eyes, savouring the moment. The sound of nature filling the whole place, celebrating with us. In her kiss, I can feel her telling me that she love me too.


“What about we play the game again” I said. “Cut the truth, let’s play dare” I show her a playful look as I said that, making my intention obvious.


“Just say what you want” Jiyeon show me her provocative look, not wanting to lose. She didn’t look innocent at all with that look.


How daring. I like.


“Let’s have our own kid”


That’s what I want. We are married after all. We should have our own kid while it is possible.


So when we are apart, you will never be alone.


...


The result of qualification test for new leader finally revealed. They follow my suggestion for the test. They all will be evaluated based on their knowledge, strength, leadership and voting too.


Jung hyung only lose on strength test. I thought it will be all kill for him but eyy why that Lee Joon is so strong. I admit Lee Joon is actually not bad. He is neck to neck with Jung hyung in every results.


Overall, as I wish for, Jung hyung get the title.


It supposed to be a humiliated scene for Lee Joon but strangely he didn’t show any opposition for the result.


Maybe I am wrong about it.


“Yo bro! Congratz!” I playfully trying to knock him down as a man congratulating style.


Oh gosh, I am so much acting like a guy here.


“Thank you” Jung hyung show me his usual humble grin.


“Hyung, I have something to ask”


“Go on”


“What is actually the story behind the attempt of killing me before?”


Jung hyung observed my whole face before he said “Is this still about you blaming Lee Joon on it?”


I just shrugged, not answering. “Who are those that you killed?”


“How did you know about that?”


“I ask around about that” Actually no one know. Only our shaman know and told me but not the detail.


“They are paid barbarians. A lot don’t want that marriage to happened simply because they envy you. Jiyeon are well known for her beauty and you a rising leader”


“So who actually behind it?”


Jung hyung ask me to let the past go and stop blaming Lee Joon on it as it’s not him. It turn out to be an old leader from another clan agenda. That shameless old guy want to make Jiyeon one of his wife and got rejected.


Killing me is an easier plan to stop the wedding.


Jung hyung really killed all them who are behind it. The story remains untold to prevent the false rumours from spreading.


No wonder even Hangyul don’t know about it.


I went to meet Lee Joon after that, trying to reconcile. Turn out that he just envying me, everything about me. Me, the chosen warrior, favourite to be the leader and Jiyeon’s husband.


So, I think I should stop judging him wrongly.


But then knowing about Jiyeon’s popularity, for some reason, I want to tell all the guy who was once wishing to get Jiyeon before...


...YOU ALL CAN CHOKE.


...


“Do you always love to watch star?”


We both spend our time doing stargazing that night.


“Only after I get here” I said. “You know, stars are way brighter here”


“It isn’t bright at your place?” Jiyeon ask again.


“There are too many light at my place, so stars aren’t very visible, unlike here”


We both then fall into silence, enjoying the view of night sky.


“How did you know about me?” I break the silence with the question that I’ve been curious about for long time but forgot to ask.


Jiyeon turn to look at me with a wide smile. “When you come, the whole universe whisper to me about it”


“What are you? Shaman?” I ask, laughing.


“I don’t know how to tell you, but it’s true. The news come to me like a prophecy. The shaman lady know about me being aware of it, so she tell me the rest of the story that I need to know on my first day here”


That really sound like a fairy-tale but yea everything else that happened to me here are not any less mystical though. I actually accepting it with no doubt.


“I heard a lot of guys are after you before” I said, peeking at her.


“But I don’t like any of them, including the one I supposed to marry”


“Why you don’t like that Hyomin?”


“He seemed like a boastful guy”


“So are you glad it’s me you finally married to?” I ask.


“Yes I am glad it’s you”


That’s all I want to hear.


“You prefer baby boy or girl?” I ask. That was random but yea I want to know.


“Girl. I want her to look like you”


“I think we should get back to our room now”


...


“Your condition are getting worse now, young master”


“I know. I will decide on it after I am done with everything here”


Not before I am sure Jiyeon won’t be left alone.