The Wedding

The Sassy Warrior

Hyomin’s pov


I open my eyes, feeling weak all over my body.


I am still here at this place.


I am still trapped in this body.


“How are you feeling?” The old lady from before sat right beside me, pressing her fingers on my wrist.


“What happened to me?” I ask, feeling a bit confuse. I try hard to think when did I fall asleep.


I don’t remember going to sleep but I remember I was trying to...


...taking a bath and...


...ugh I know now. I guess I am fainted seeing my new friend down there.


This is an absolute nightmare. I start to feel depressed now that I remember what I saw earlier. I don’t want to do this anymore.


“You fainted and showing sign of having fever” The old lady then brings close a bowl which I believe contain another bitter medicine. “This will make you feel better”


I am too depressed to respond, so I just close my eyes, hoping to go back to sleep and woke up on my own body. It’s okay if I just die, I don’t mind.


“Please have it, young master” The old lady persistently asking me to drink it.


“I am not your young master. You know that” I respond in anger.


“Please” She pleaded.


“Fine” I said, gulping down the medicine with struggle and goes back lying down, back facing her.


My life the next few days goes with another round of depressing emotion. The family members one by one come by to visit and all that I do is watching them come and go.


I refuse to accept my cruel fate. I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be this guy.


I was looking at outside view from my window when I heard an announcement of someone named Jihyun visiting.


I actually find it funny they doing the announcement. That sound unnecessary but the good side of it is I know who is coming, even I don’t really know who they are.


I gave a look to Hangyul who patiently stick by my side all this time, asking him to explain who is this Jihyun. Turn out she is my older sister.


I secretly anticipate to meet her. I always want an unnie but I was the only child in my real life.


I gestured Hangyul to let them in.


A good looking young lady graciously entering my place, showing a polite smile to me. I stunned there for seconds admiring her beauty.


“Min” She greeted me. Yes. My name is coincidentally Hyomin too, which is scary.


I just look at her, waiting to see what she going to do next. The other visit, usually they show up, asking how I am feeling and leave. Just like that.


“You look miserable” She said, sitting politely across me, showing sign to stay longer than expected.


“I came to inform you that our father asked for your visit at main hall once you feel better to discuss about your wedding”


“I heard they push it earlier but I don’t know when will it be. Father want to explain the detail to you by himself”


Ah, the wedding. I totally forgot about that.


“Can you accompany me to there?” My question seemed to surprised both Jihyun and Hangyul.


It just that the way Jihyun talk to me sound less heavy with honorific, it’s comforting me, plus she is a girl around my age. I feels like talking to someone close to my own range.


“Yes. Of course” She responded, smiling.


“Then. Please wait for me for a while”


...


My wedding turn out to be a week from now, to prevent the unwanted sudden attack to happened again. The wedding will be held as silent as possible and won’t be announce to public before next month.


For that, I don’t know what to feel. What am I supposed to feel?


I feel a bit better after meeting with Jihyun though. We talked and clicked well. I even spend time at her place after meeting with our father.


Talking about this father of the guy, he is a strict person with beard. He looks scary. He order me to start my lesson again since now that I can walk to the main hall, he assume that I recover from my illness.


At first I don’t know what kind of lesson but Jihyun told me it is a lesson to strengthen both my mental and physical. It is needed since I am one of the important person in the clan.


Our father is aware that this son of him is back to zero now, so he want me to back to basic again in learning. All that are scheduled to start after the wedding.


Isn’t that sound like a nightmare?


I goes back to my place after a brief time with Jihyun. This whole place consist of a lot of houses in one place for the whole family of the leader. My place was on east wing and actually quite big for me to live alone.


“I am curious again about my bride. How she looks like?” I rant to Hangyul once I am home.


I try to look at the bright side of everything now. I am tired of letting myself drawn in depression. At least, getting married will get myself a roommate. It kind of scary to sleep by myself every night. She is a girl and I don’t see any harm on it.


“You once told me to draw her” Hangyul said, looking excited to show it to me. “Here” He approached a small wooden desk and took a scroll to show me.


I open the scroll and narrow my eyes to look at the drawing in it. I then look at Hangyul and back to the scroll.


“I am not sure is it the drawing or the person that is the ugly one” I tilt my head observing the scroll. She got a long eyes, sharp nose, small mouth and small face but overall, it looks ugly.


“You said to me before, the drawing is a lot prettier than her after you saw her” Hangyul looks sad. “You even said I am purposely try to draw her better than how she looks like”


“I see” I said, eyes haven’t leave the drawing.


So...


It’s look like I am going to have an ugly wife.


“What is her name?” I ask.


“Park Jiyeon”


...


The day of the marriage finally arrived in the blink of eyes. Me along with some others went to send the silk for the bride’s dress silently to my bride’s house, carefully not to be spotted by any unwanted eyes.


We skipped any other ceremony and now I had to wait for her arrival at our place.


I am quite surprise with my obedient behaviour during the whole process of the marriage. Well, it’s not like I can refuse it.


I am making merit for myself by doing good deed to humanity, scarifying myself marrying an ugly bride for the peace of our peoples. I am doing this so my fate stop being cruel to me and send me back to my own body. Please have mercy on me~


I am unknowingly didn’t really realized the time passed watching the quick preparation done to my house to welcome my bride. She was here before my eyes, face hidden behind the veil. We both completing the last wedding’s ritual of bowing to each other before we are announced as legal husband and wife.


The funniest part is there is even a marriage documents too. This is serious. I am married now.


I want to cry thinking about my new status.


The saddest thing is I am the groom, not the bride.


Isn’t that ridiculous?


...


I am back to my own place after everything settle down that night. I almost fainted on the sight of someone sitting back facing me on my room.


I seemed too good at distracting myself that I forgot I have a wife now, who will share a room with me.


Right. A wife.


Screw that. I am sleepy.


“Yo” I greet her, not caring on the usage of my language. I am too tired to think of polite words to use.


She didn’t even care to look at me so I headed straight to a wide mattress on the floor prepared for both of us and lie down on one side.


“I won’t do anything to you, so don’t worry” I said, patting on the other side for her to sleep on. “There are lot of space here” I start to mumbled, eyes half close.


Before I completely close my eyes I saw her turn around to look at me. Maybe I am too sleepy that I think I saw an angel instead of my bride.


Good night my ugly bride.


That one I am not sure if I said it out loud or it just inside my head.