The Beginning of Disaster (?)

The Sassy Warrior

Hyomin’s pov


“Omma” I went to behind my mom who is busy chopping kimchi on kitchen and hug her.


“Is there anything wrong, honey?”


“No. I just feel like hugging you” I said, leaning my head on her back, tightened my hug.


“You have class today, right?” She start moving to the sink and I followed her movement, refuse to broke the hug.


“Yes. I am going now” I said, breaking the hug and planted a kiss on her cheek. “I will be back before lunch” I added, walking reluctantly to leave the house.


Right before I exited the main door, I run back to kitchen and pick a piece of kimchi, feeling slightly regretted not doing so earlier, grinning to my mom who shake her head.


“I am going. Don’t miss me”


That is the last thing that I said to my mom before I leave the house.


I don’t really remember what happened to me a while ago, which resulting me to lay on this hard road, feeling extreme pain spreading to my whole body. I can’t even identify which part of me that is actually in pain.


I look at the sky. It looks so clear.


Did I just get into accident? The last sound that I heard is a long screeching sound, following by continuous loud colliding sound. Right after that, I feel like I am hitting on something and flying in slow motion before ended up on the hard road. 


Am I going to die?


I struggle to keep my eyes open but my vision betray me. I start to black out. I then feel like someone lift me up and my ears caught the sound of siren is getting loud, getting close.


That is the last sound that I heard.


...


A sudden sharp breath entering my lungs forcefully. It was so suddenly resulting on me arching my back and breath in hastily. Did I just stop breathing earlier?


I can hear a loud gasp around me. A long moment of silent earlier now replaced with faint chattering sound, crying sound.


I slowly open my eyes and close it back as I feel blinded by the bright light.


Wait. I am sitting. When did I sit?


I try again to open my eyes and realized I was sitting and totally TOPLESS!


I scream as loud as possible, producing deep hoarse voice. I feels like being assaulted but adding to my horror, as I try to cover my chest, I realized my precious asset is gone, leaving only flat muscular bulged chest.


I swear I feel like fainting.


Who in this world dare to remove my precious bosom without my permission?!


I look around in anger and confusion, still covering my chest and spotted a guy who looks beyond terrified, a middle age woman with wide open jaw and an old woman behind me who collapse weakly on the floor.


They are all wearing traditional cloth which is...


...weird.


The middle age woman then bow to the floor crying her heart out saying “My son”


I blinked confusedly to all of them, failed to absorb the situation.


“Please leave me with him for a while” The old woman behind me weakly instructed, with heavy honorific in her language. Both of the middle age woman and the guy then leave, closing the door.


“Did you feel pain anywhere, young master?” She ask.


“Huh? Me? No” I responded. Young what? What is actually this place and why I sound so deep?


The old lady then struggle to sit and look directly on my eyes. “Please accept my apology”


The next thing that she told me spinning my whole world around. I feel like I am actually dead and I am now receiving punishment for my sin in my whole life.


I am certainly not in my own body, not in my own place, not in my own time.


The worst of all is I am now living in a guy body. That won the gold medal for the worst thing that ever happened in my whole life. Nothing else is ever worse than this.


This guy is supposed to be dead a while ago but my stupid soul fled to here and replaced him as soon as I experienced half dead in my own body after the accident. The old lady told me to not spilled my real identity and live as the guy for time being, while she try to work a way to find solution for it.


The question is, what if I don’t want to? And she told me I am not ready to go back to my own body and leaving this body will actually kill me, the real me.


Luckily, I have my mom to think of. So I agree to live this punishment until the old lady find a way for me to go back.


After the old lady left, the middle age woman who claim to be my mom, come again, asking me to swallowed a soup which she call medicine. I guess at this time, they haven’t invented the capsule or tablet. This soup is the most bitter thing that I ever taste in my whole life, I feel like no human is actually can drink this. I swallowed it anyway as she show no sign to leave if I didn’t drink it.


After my so called mom left, asking me to have a rest, finally I am alone. I searched around for the mirror and found a bronze mirror, which doesn’t clearly show my face but enough for me to look at my own reflection on it.


I still look exactly the same. I still got my own face.


That. Is. Weird. Nobody look surprised with my look earlier, so is the guy looks like me? Did this guy actually me in my past life. We strangely looks exactly the same.


I look closely and touch my whole face. My skin is rougher and I got stubbles too.


I then inspect my body. This body is a very muscular body, perfectly build up as a guy body but full of scars.


Wow. I actually think I look so handsome that I start to fall for myself.


“Young master” A sudden knock filled the whole place alerting me. Who is that?


I quickly find something to cover my top and clear my throat to let the person know I am inside.


The guy from earlier show up, anxiously smiling to me. I raise my brow to ask what he want to say.


He walk close and sit not too far from me. “I was informed that you loss your memory. I am in charge to guide you” He paused for a while before he introduce himself. “First, I am Hangyul, your personal servant. Just let me know if you need anything”


I narrowed my eyes looking at him. I almost laugh hearing him addressing himself as my personal servant. Personal assistant sound a lot better.


“I want to shave” I told him, scratching on my stubbles. It’s getting uncomfortable touching my face with stubbles on it. Why a guy had to have this thing growing on their face?


“I will prepare for you” Hangyul quickly leave the room and return as quick as he leave.


I stunned on the sight of traditional shaver. Looking at my awkward expression, Hangyul ended up showing me how to do it. I refused to received his help, feeling uncomfortable of having him touching me.


I still didn’t get used to my new gender or possibly will never get used to it. How am I supposed to get used to it? I am a girl! I don’t want to be a guy.


This whole thing is awkward and I just want a long sleep and wake up in my own body.


The shaving ended up leave a lot of scars on my face, which later turn itchy. A lot that I keep stopping myself to scratch on it, preventing the stubbles to grow fast. I hope I don’t have to shave again after this.


“Hangyul” I call for Hangyul who is busy playing with a flute on the window, accompanying me who lie down for hours, thinking and sorting things out on my mind, which later turn out to be plain overthinking and the whole thinking is actually totally unhelpful 


“Yes, young master!”


Ah, I am sick of their honorific in talking. It’s slowly contagious.


“Can you bring me for a walk?” I ask, feeling that I need fresh air. I was afraid to step outside earlier, in case I get lost and die of hunger because I can’t find my way back to here. I inspect from the window earlier and this place is super big. The solution to it is bringing Hangyul with me.


On our walk, I ask about the identity of me at this place and another shocking news slapped me on my face. I am one of the son of the Shin Clan’s leader and the favourite to be the next leader.


The most shocking info is I am chosen to marry the daughter of one of Park Clan’s leader and the marriage is already decided. I supposed to marry her last week but due to my injuries which actually lead to today’s death, the marriage is postpone to next month.


I make it alive and that’s mean the marriage will still going to happened.


“Can I not marry her?” I ask. Cold sweat is now all over my body. This is too much if I need to get married here. I am still too young. I am 21!


“That will cause war between the two clan, plus it was originally for peace purpose” Hangyul gave me an anxious looks.


Eyy, what am I? An offer for peace?


“Did I ever met her?” I ask. At least I should know who I am going to marry, right? In case I can’t prevent the marriage.


“You did. We both did” Hangyul still stick with his anxious look, looking unsure of what to tell me.


“How was it?” Why I ask? Did I actually consider to marry her? Alright, marriage is fine but being the leader is seriously not fine. Or getting into war, that one is not fine too.


“Not that great” Hangyul scratched the back of his head, looking uncomfortable.


I ask why is it so and ended up knowing that I am the most hated person in my future bride’s life and the same other way round. We both hated each other.


I am doomed.


This guy might actually ended his own life due to unable to accept his fate and here I am, replacing him.


I am surely doomed.


“What happened to me?” I ask, in case this guy actually really committing suicide.


“You are attacked a day before the wedding. Someone surely don’t want it to happened” Hangyul start to whisper now, as if he is spilling the government top secret.


“And who is it?” So it’s not suicide. Maybe the bride paid assassin to do the killing, my next assumption.


“You are actually the only one who know” Hangyul’s eyes widen, observing my face. Maybe he thought I might still remember.


Ah, sorry. I don’t know. I never know and actually not interested to know.


“So my wedding is next month?” I ask, thinking about what if the attacker plan to attack me again.


“Yes, young master”


“Can you stop calling me that” I show annoyed face. “Call me noona if you are younger, I mean hyung”


Hangyul looks at me, knitting his brows in confusion. “You are indeed sick”


“How was I back then?”


Of course I know the answer to that will be shocking too. At first Hangyul refused to tell me the truth but after giving him death threat, he finally exposed that I was a stern person, lack of smile, full of discipline, hot tempered and hard headed. Most of all, I was a warrior and the best among the clan.


That wasn’t like me at all.


So I tell Hangyul, I am now changing, for good.


Well, I don’t know how much time I got here. It won’t be forever right?


Dying here maybe will bring me back to my real life, so I decided to live here like how I wish. This is now my body. I will just act like how I want to.


First of all, I want to see my bride, to decide whether I want to marry her or not. This guy is nothing like me so if he hate her, I might like her and so did for the bride.


“I want to meet my bride” I announced, clear and confident.


“That will bring bad luck. You did too last time” Hangyul anxiously try to stop me.


I show him my unconvinced look. “Did I look like I care?”


Like I said, I will act like how I want to.