Oh My Goodness

The Sassy Warrior

Hyomin’s pov

 

I spent the entire afternoon watching Soyeon doing her work. We went to have lunch together and went straight back to work. By now, Soyeon already hang a staff badge lanyard around my neck, so that the filming crew won’t kicked me out for lurking closely around them.

 

I feel bad for Soyeon. She obviously trying hard to entertain me and keeping me company while doing her work. I watch her face as she beam brightly to me in between her work. She didn’t show any discomfort of having me. In fact, I can tell that she was more than glad I am with her here.

 

It just that I feel like out of place in the crowd of peoples who obviously being here with purpose.

 

I glance at my watch and it’s now late afternoon. I am thinking about making my leave. I look at Soyeon and try to imagine her reaction of me leaving. Usually she won’t let me go that easily. She will made up thousand excuse to hold onto me and make me stay longer.

 

I bet she might even left her work for me. She is that kind of friend. Don’t even bother to try her.

 

So I ended up just sitting still watching around and that is when I saw her again, walking to the set with bunch of other stunt team. I sit straighter to watch them.

 

They carry some stuff with them. My eyes catches the sight of the swords. It glints under the sun that almost setting.

 

How fascinating, I thought. I want to touch it again. I don’t know why but screw that.

 

My eyes falls on Jiyeon then. This time she is fully dressed with her filming outfit. She look stunning and dazzling with traditional outfit. She smiles when she talk. Thinking about how I enjoy watching her, I feel a bit sick in the stomach.

 

I look away and right on cue, Soyeon tap me telling that they are going to film the action scene right after the sun setting, pointing to the stunt team.

 

Boram saw us and wave her hand. I noticed Jiyeon turn her head to our direction and for some reason, I feel like her gaze linger on me and for second there, I saw her lip curve up like she were glad to see me again.

 

I see her talk a bit to Boram and the way Boram look at me right after, making my stomach churn some more, realizing that they might be talking about me. I look away.

 

I am thinking about leaving again but part of me want to see her perform.

 

“Will this take long?” I ask Soyeon.

 

“What? No” Soyeon look alarmed, knowing where the conversation going. “Yes but don’t go yet. Stay with me? Spend the night here?” Soyeon plead with her eyes, her hand are gripping hard on my wrist.

 

“Please” She say again, hearing no answer from me.

 

I want to say that I feel like it’s not a good time to hang out with her and maybe we could try again sometime later but thinking about how long a filming usually took and by the time it’s done, I think I might already swamped with work, so I just nodded, agree to stay.

 

“I will stay longer but I am not sure about spending the night” I said.

 

“I won’t let you drive back in the dark” She insist.

 

“There are a lot of street light” I shrugged, smiling to . I can feel she started to lose of word.

 

“It’s far” She try again, biting her lips.

 

“Then I should go now” I smile wider. I am loving every part of this. I am on lead of this conversation.

 

“No!” She whine, putting her chin on my shoulder, begging with puppy eyes. I pinched her check lovingly. I miss her though.

 

She want to say something more but the filming crew are now ready and calling for her. The sun is nowhere in sight now, replaced with blinding filming light.

 

Soyeon look at me one last time before she step into the filming set, immersing into her work almost instantly.

 

I searched for Jiyeon again and watch her the entire filming.

 

...

 

I have a quick bite of dinner with Soyeon on set. I didn’t wait long to leave then as I realized Jiyeon is done with her part. At least, I guess for the night she is done.

 

It’s still early and I could make it home before midnight if I leave now.

 

This place is far uptown and it took hours to my place, so I reluctantly saying my farewell to Soyeon, promise her to hang out again sometime later.

 

She doesn’t have any energy left to stop me then. She looks totally worn out. I feel bad for her as I return my staff badge to her.

 

On my way to my car, I walk past Boram. I bid her farewell too. She hug me and gave me her business card so we can meet again in future.

 

I was so close to parking lot when I heard that familiar husky voice. “Wait!” I turn to the source of voice almost instantly.

 

Jiyeon are right behind me and it looks like she has been catching up to me since I don’t know when. She is now wearing a plain shirt with a jean.

 

Right then I remember she was trying to approached me since the very beginning of our meeting. I wonder why? I wait for her to talk more.

 

“Are you going back?” She ask, catching her breath.

 

I raised my brow, not knowing how to respond to that. “Yeah?” I answer her cautiously, my tone are desperate for her to explain why she ask.

 

I noticed her skin look nice under the moonlight. I touched my chin to make sure my jaw didn’t hang open. I am relieved it didn’t.

 

“Sorry” She chuckle, realizing she haven’t introduce herself. “I am Jiyeon” She held out her hand for handshake.

 

“Hyomin” I said, gripping her hand. Her hand are soft and surprsingly long and slender. I try hard not to stare on it more than necessary.

 

“I saw you earlier-” She clears . “-with the sword. You are pretty cool” She said. I can see her cheek goes crimson red as she said that but her face remain calm and her smile are warm.

 

“Ahh” I said, feeling shy out of sudden. “I hope I didn’t look like a fool” I reached to rub the back of my head. I feel some kind of tension there.

 

“No. You were great, like really great” She put her thumb up. “I wonder if we could talk some more. There are a cliff nearby and I heard the scene are great at night. Wanna check it out with me?” She look at me expectantly, anticipating my reply.

 

That ‘with me’ kinda throw me off. For some reason, the sound of it gave closeness feeling. I shrugged the thought off.

 

“Uh I-“ I remember leaving Soyeon earlier and feel bad if I follow a stranger after dumping my own best friend but Jiyeon look are beyond pleading, she look hopeful.

 

“Is it far?” I finally ask, swallowing the guilt. I have some fan service to do lol I try hard not to laugh at the idea.

 

“No. We could just walk” Jiyeon beam brightly under the moonlight. She lead me to follow her.

 

I look back to the filming set from afar. It still pretty much lively there. Maybe they will do the filming until dawn.

 

...

 

 

Jiyeon are right. The view are breathtaking. I can see lights of building and street from afar and the skies are especially clear tonight.

 

Jiyeon settle with sitting down, enjoying the scene. I sat right next to her but not too long after that, I lie down with my arm supporting my head.

 

The night skies are always my favourite.

 

Jiyeon crane her neck to peek at me. “I guess you prefer the skies” She said.

 

“Yeah” I smile. I feel cozy and didn’t mind to stay longer.

 

My mind stray again to earlier this morning. I miss my mom. My smile drop on the thought of her. I wonder if there are something like she watching me from up there?

 

Jiyeon probably sense my quietness and the heavy air around me because now her gaze are all over my face.

 

Her eyes were intent as she study my face, so intense and concern at the same time that maybe only her that is capable of looking at me like that. I feel like she look through me instead of at me.

 

She didn’t ask what is wrong but instead, she ask something else. “What did you do?”

 

It somehow distract me a bit. “Graphic design” I said and added “Freelance”

 

I really hate feeling tied to anything, not even regular working hours, that’s why I am doing freelance. I work everywhere, mostly at home and I work harder than everyone else, work my off, that now today, I am top pick when it come to my line of work.

 

It’s really convenient and make a lot of money, so I kinda love my work.

 

Jiyeon didn’t say anything as if she was listening to my thought.

 

“What about you?” I ask.

 

She shrugged. “It’s complicated”

 

“Aren’t you on stunt team?” I tilt my head to her direction. I am watching her instead of the night skies now.

 

She laugh. “That’s just my one-time job” She glance at me and decide to lie down too.

 

“One-time like one time?” I ask, feeling confuse at my own question.

 

“Yeah” She said, not explaining any further.

 

“Where did you learn using a sword?” She ask. She stop looking at the skies and divert her full attention to me.

 

“I don’t know. It just happened” I shiver on the thought of my experience with the sword. I don’t understand what happened at that time. It was like out of my control. “You were great earlier on set. I saw you” I added.

 

Jiyeon smile. “Let’s try it together someday”

 

I like how Jiyeon didn’t question the way I answer her. Someone else could have demand an explanation of my vague action and answer but she didn’t, as if deep down she understand things that I left unspoken.

 

I look at her again. I can’t believe how comfortable she make me feel despite of the fact that we just met. She turn to look at me too and we lock eyes for what feel like a moment.

 

Jiyeon finally yawn and I noticed her eyes grew tired. “We should head back” I said.

 

I glance again at my watch and ! It’s already midnight. I wonder why time flies so fast.

 

“I guess so” She hoped up and offer her hand to help me up. I took her hand.

 

“Are you going straight back home?” She ask. Her eyes are getting heavy and she keep yawning.

 

“Yeah” I said.

 

“Can you do me a favor?” She ask again.

 

“What is it?” I watch her step, worried with her closing her eyes while walking. I feel the urge to held her and guide her way but ended up didn’t do anything.

 

She finally open her eyes. I let out a silent relieved sigh on the sight.

 

“Can you please drive me back home, but tomorrow morning. I am done with my part of filming” She look at me expectantly with her heavy eyes. “I need a comfy bed right now” She added.

 

Is that mean I should stay the night?

 

As if she knew about my doubt, she say “You can sleep on my room tonight. There aren’t any room left. The whole filming team book the whole place” She said, yawning. “I have the whole room for myself so there are a lot of space” She stretched her body.

 

I didn’t argue then. She sound kinda bossy there as if she didn’t take any ‘no’ from me and part of me are not ready to put an end to us yet, so I agree.

 

I hope I didn’t met Soyeon until tomorrow so I don’t have to explain why I haven’t left this place after eagerly leaving her earlier.

 

Jiyeon remove her shirt right away after she enter her hotel room, leaving her tank top on her, revealing some tattoes on her body. I didn’t dare to watch her stripping so I pretend to inspect the room.

 

It’s a small room with one queen size bed. I saw Jiyeon brought a short with her and enter the toilet. She told me to feel at home and actually offer me her clean clothes.

 

She emerge from the toilet with wet face. I take over after her. Right after I am done using the toilet and change into a clean shirt, I saw Jiyeon already fast asleep.

 

I turn of the light that she didn’t bother to do herself. I guess she must be really tired. Ray of light from the toilet taking over dimly all over the room.

 

I watch her peaceful sleeping face. I watch her tattoo. I always thought tattoo ruin a body but watching it on her doesn’t really feel like that though. She look cool with it.

 

I slowly slip myself beside her not wanting to wake her up. But then like always, I can’t sleep. I suffer this insomnia thingy since I woke up from the accident.

 

Not knowing what else should I do, I scroll on my phone aimlessly, reading articles after articles, watching random video silently until one moment I feel my eyelid getting heavier. I finally drifted to sleep.

 

I woke up when I feel something on me. I saw Jiyeon are dangerously close to me, her hand rested on my belly. I can feel her steady breath on my neck. Slowly, I move away a bit and look at her. Her hair are all over her face.

 

I move slowly to reached for my phone. The clock show it’s almost dawn. I realized I’ve been sleeping for a while. I am amazed at my capability to sleep tonight.

 

I try to leave the bed to go to the toilet but my movement wakes Jiyeon up. She look confuse for a while and the second her realization hit her, she move away quickly.

 

“Sorry. I conquer the whole bed” She giggle.

 

I found that her giggles sound fascinating. Her just-wake-up look are somehow cute. I don’t know but I think she has all that quality when it come to her look.

 

“It’s okay” I said, clearing my throat. “So can we head home now?” I added.

 

“Give me a moment miss” She said playfully.

 

I watch her lazing around before she decided to pack up her belonging. “Let’s go” She then said after what it feel like forever.

 

I thought it’s the best to leave on dawn to lower the possibility of crossing path with Soyeon but as soon as I open the room’s door, as if fate is toying with my life, I saw Soyeon walking like zombie pass me.

 

I can feel my blood drain through my face.

 

She catch the sight of me and I literally see her eyes bulged out. She look extremely tired though.

 

As if on cue, Jiyeon lightly push me through the door and accidentally make it appears like we are a bit intimate to each other with her hand casually on my hip. The three of us looking at each other. I swallowed hard.

 

Soyeon move close to me and whisper on my ears “You owe me an explanation. I want each bit of details. Call me later” She yawn hard and left us.

 

Oh my goodness.

 

...

 

 

Happy #T_ara12thanniversary!!