So Freakin Cute

The Sassy Warrior

Hyomin’s pov


I collapse to the ground as the sword finally detached from my hand.


What just happened?


I observed my surrounding and saw Jung hyung standing in front of me, narrowing his eyes looking at me.


“Hyomin?” He ask, sound unsure.


I guess he can’t really recognize me. Is it his footsteps that I heard before? But what just happened when I touch the sword? I can’t remember anything.


I turn to look at Jiyeon on my side. She look a bit shocked.


“What happened?” I asked.


Jung hyung walk close, staring into my eyes before he turn to look at Jiyeon.


He then chuckled upon his realization. He picked up my sword that lies close to me and shakes his head, start to laugh.


“You almost killed me, young lady” Jung hyung keep laughing. “You should just tell me if you want to have a drink”


“I want to be at anywhere that is no sight of you in it” I start to get annoyed with his sound of laugh.


“I don’t know you anymore” Jung hyung stop laughing. He then passed the sword to me but no, I am not going to touch that sword anymore, not tonight.


I back away and grab Jiyeon’s hand to leave.


I don’t mind if there is anyone that want to kill me on the rest of our way back, for the reason that I know Jung hyung is on my back.


I hope what I said just now didn’t hurt his feeling.


Come on. It’s his fault. He annoys me with his laugh. He act like he never saw a pretty girl like me. Heh, I feel like flipping my hair like a diva, now that I dressed as a girl.


...


That night, I spend my time watching the night skies, lying on my back comfortably.


For some reason, I don’t feel like I am too far from my real life when I look at the wide night skies like this. For the first time ever, I feel homesick. I badly want to go back to my own time, my own body.


But what if I can’t make it there? What if I get stuck here forever?


I must be on comma state on the other side, right?


Omma must be really sad.


Omma, I am fine and married now.


I start to chuckled thinking about my marital status. Oh gosh, I can’t even feel sad properly now. I was on the right amount of sadness earlier but now that I think of Jiyeon, I am suddenly not that sad anymore.


I peek around to search for the sight of Jiyeon. She must be done bathing for now I guess.


I slowly walk in to our bedroom and saw her letting down her hair. She smile on the sight of me. I guess she is still affected with the drink earlier.


“You should smile more” I said.


“Why?”


Omo, she start to talk back now.


“Do you actually want to hear me say you look cute when you smile?” I ask, playfully smirking to her.


Jiyeon chuckled and ask back “Am I?”


Indeed drunk. She is so cute like that. It’s weird that she didn’t look or sound like drunk. Maybe she just showing me her real self with a bit of alcohol help.


I am plotting to ask the servants to put a bit alcohol in her every drink after this mwehehehe. Well, I need her to continuously act like that to me, so I won’t get depressed living here.


“No. You are ugly” I .


“Am I?” She ask again, pursing her lips.


I just laugh looking at her. Jiyeon gave me a sharp gaze, giving unsatisfied look.


We both then let the silence to take control in between us.


“Do you miss your family?” I then ask, breaking the silence. It’s me that miss my mom but knowing a girl’s heart, she must be missing her family as well. She is all alone here, far from her home, sharing a room with a stranger, which is me.


Jiyeon slowly nodded. Her face saddened.


“How old are you?” I feel funny that I just think to ask that question tonight, despite of all day that we spent together all this time.


I move closer and help her combing her long hair.


“16”


“WHAT?” My jaw dropped. “You are an infant” I said. She just born yesterday, yet she is married! To me! It sound like I’m marrying a high school girl.


Jiyeon gave me a questioning look. Eyy, what with that look though. Alright, it’s normal to get married early during this time but yea I am someone from future, I can’t really brain the situation.


“Nothing” I then said, putting a closure to the topic.


I feel bad for Jiyeon to be honest but luckily she get married to me. Imagine she get married to the real guy. What will he do to her? Maybe her from the first night. Oh no!


“I don’t want you to see me as a guy” I said, worried that she might show intimidated action all this time just because she saw me as a guy.


Jiyeon didn’t say anything. She just play with her hair accessories set in front of her while listening to me.


I laughed under my breath watching her action. She look like a kid.


I unknowingly quietly singing a Highlight’s song. “You are so freaking cute~”


“What are you saying?” Jiyeon ask, furrowing her brows.


I shrugged “I wonder too” I hide my laugh looking at her confuse face.


“But hey, your hair smell nice” I said, leaning close and inhale the scent of her hair. “I haven’t wash my hair in a while, it’s getting itchy” I added.


Jiyeon look at me and smile really wide. “I made it” She said proudly.


“The shampoo?” I ask but Jiyeon gave me a confuse look. She must be clueless of what shampoo means. “The liquid to wash our hair, it called shampoo” I explained.


“Ahh” Jiyeon nodded. “Do you want to try it?” She  then ask.


“Yes please” I excitedly agree.


That night turn out to be our girl night.


At least, Jiyeon makes me feel like a girl. She start to treat me like one is the best thing ever in between us. I couldn’t ask for more.


More importantly, she make me feel like she is the only good thing happened to me here when everything else is bad.


...


“Hyung!”


“Hyung nim”


I am on a good mood today, so I think to try reconcile with this handsome guy. So, I visit his place before our practice time. I admit that he is handsome but I am much more handsome.


“Jung hyung. Yo bro!”


Jung hyung raised his brows looking at me. These guys always look at me like that whenever I use my modern language.


“No practice today” He then said.


“Eyy come on. Are you sulking?”


I said that but actually deep inside, I am celebrating.


“I think you’ve got problem with your sword” Jung hyung show me the sword on his hand.


“Yes. I did” I respond quickly. “Is there any black magic casted on it?” I bluntly ask.


“Nonsense” He knock the sword on my head. “Have a seat” He said, pointing to in front of him.


“Give me your hand” He then said as I sit right in front of him.


“What are you going to do?” I ask as he touch my fingers.


“Checking on your inner energy”


Inner energy? Right. What is that?


I just let him. Once in a while he look at me with an obvious frown on his face. I am not interested to know what is he doing, so I didn’t ask.


“I can’t feel it” He then said.


Eyy, I secretly think he actually don’t know how to do it, that’s why.


“Try to touch it” He pointed to the sword.


I hesitate at first, remembering how I completely loss control last night. I don’t even remember what I did the whole time I touched it at that time.


I ended up touching it, sensing that Jung hyung keep looking at me, waiting for me to touch it.


He widen his eyes the moment I touched it. His hand still firmly holding my hand.


I am about to let the sword go but Jung hyung ask me to not. He look at me with unreadable expression, not saying anything.


“What?” I ask.


“When did it get separated?” He ask back, giving me much more confusion.


Separated? What? The inner energy?


I can’t brain it, so I asked “What do you mean? Is there a ghost or spirit in there or something?”


...


Jung hyung have a brief talk to the shaman at her place after his founding which I don’t quite know what is it.


I guess maybe he sense something wrong with me. I don’t know if the halmeoni going to tell him the truth or not but I guess no, judging from the way he look at me after the talk.


“What did he told you about?” I asked the shaman as we both left alone after that.


“He told me your inner energy might be on the sword, young master”


I sighed. I don’t want to understand. Whatever with that energy thingy. I don’t want to know.


“So what?” I ask half heartedly.


“He ask me to transfer it back to you”


Transfer what? No! I am positive I will get 100% possessed if she transfer it to me, like last night.


“What will happened if you really do it?” I try to ask.


“It’s not necessary to do that so I won’t do it”


“Yes. Don’t” I heave a relief sigh and start to show the sign to leave “By the way, the sword is possessing me every time I touched it” I stop walking and look at the shaman, telling her what have been happened. In case she can help me.


“It’s protecting you”


Is that so? Right. Alright.


As I leave the place, I saw Jung hyung waiting for me on the outside.


“Let’s go, your father want you to have a lunch together” He said.


“What?” Oh no. It will be super formal and awkward!


As expected, it’s really a formal and awkward lunch. Everyone ate graciously, I feel like I am an uncivilized person. Luckily they invite Jiyeon and Jihyun over, so I feel less tensed.


“Did our Hyomin treat you well?” The person who is told as my father start the family conversation after we all done eating. All eyes is on Jiyeon who is being asked.


“He treat me well, father”


I tried to swallowed my almost showing grinned.


“We are expecting healthy grandson from both of you” The comment from my so called father received a warm laugh from the family.


I send a look to Jiyeon, making sure she get my ‘should we?’ facial message to her. She then reply me with ‘you try and see’. Again I need to suppressed my urgent need to laugh with all my might.


On a sound of the father clearing his throat, all the ladies are escorted out. I send an unwilling look to Jiyeon which she seem to noticed. She smile to me and gave encouraging look before leaving the hall.


So, the business talk start. I mostly spacing out, not really listening. Opposite with me, Jung hyung beside me tentatively listening and sometimes throwing some opinion. I was so out of place and bored until I saw someone who initially actively sharing opinion suddenly keep secretly staring at me.


I got a bad vibe from this person. On historical drama, there are always someone like this but yea this is real life but still.


Come on, why are you so obvious?


His eyes send a bad intention way of staring. I stare back and keep my eyes on him, challenging him to keep watching me. He then stop his stare until the end of meeting.


I think I need to keep my eyes on this person. He seemed suspicious.


“Who is the person on green outfit?” I ask Jung hyung as we leave the hall.


“Huh?” Jung hyung seemed clueless about who I talk about.


“The one who talk about the frontier” I rolled my eyes. How come Jung hyung didn’t noticed the only person who wore green there.


“Leejoon?”


“He seemed suspicious. I don’t like his stare” I said.


“So suddenly” Jung hyung chuckled.


“Maybe it’s him the one who try to kill me”


“He is your family. You and him are like you and me” Jung hyung shake his head, patiently responding to my accusation toward the guy.


“But you seemed nice. That guy is totally not”


“One who is clever didn’t judge the book by it’s cover” Jung hyung show me his wisest face and wait for my response.


“Then you” I said with straight face.


“Me what?”


“You are good looking, a warrior, strong and reliable. You are close to perfect but you are slow witted” I stick with my straight face. “I said, if it’s not him then it’s you the one that want to kill me”


Jung hyung widen his eyes. “Did my evil plan get exposed now?” He then laughed and playfully goes down on his knee, supporting his body with his sword. “I am ready to protect you with my life, young master!”


“You are crazy” I walked away, hiding my laugh. He is cute but yea I won’t judge a book by it’s cover because I am clever.


I then look around again to look at him before I walk too far. “I am free to go now right?”


“Yes”


That’s great because I have wife to spend time with.


I don’t know but I feel like I want to see her and spend time with her.


Is it a good or bad thing?