Getting Closer

The Sassy Warrior

Hyomin's pov

 

A month later


“Omma!”


It’s been a month. I am still here. So I decide to REALLY live this life my way.


There are few good things happened though. Like, I don’t have to get involved in the clan management thingy ever again. I ask our shaman to tell my father that I am suffering some kind of brain damaged that is incurable and it is dangerous for me to overuse my brain. So for sure I can’t be the leader. So, yeah they let me pass on this.


Why are they so easy? But yea I don’t care. As long as everything goes my way.


The only thing I need to do is joining the defence team, means I am still a warrior.


Not to brag, but I won the tournament. Not sure if it was because of luck or I am destined to born as awesome person. All that I remember is I just did whatever at that moment of fighting my opponent.


Alright, to be honest, I know it’s the sword that did the whole thing. How is that? I don’t know. I am clueless too. It’s not my own sword to begin with but yea still, I won, miraculously.


One thing for sure, I am better at handling sword now. I don’t know how and why I am good with it. It just happened. Or maybe I spent too much time on it, practicing.


I teach kids to play with swords now. Isn’t that awesome? My wish is to formed my own warrior team, my sassy warriors team. Most of the times, I just show them my sword skills and they all follow me. Sometimes, I teach them to dance.


I am like an idol to them. They all love me.


But yea, no matter how awesome I feel like, I still miss my mom and my real life. Strangely these days, I often feel like I hear my mom’s voice in the wind.


I must be miss her so much.


That’s why I am running to this mother of mine in this life, calling her exactly how I call my real mom and hug her. I think that’s the only way for me to cut down my overwhelming feeling of homesick.


That’s obviously just the introduction of ‘good things’ that I want to talk about. Let’s get to the point.


Jiyeon.


Me and Jiyeon. We are getting close now. I like it. She likes it too. We both like it.


Whenever I am with her, a part of me wish that this whole things in between us will never end. Somehow she makes me feel like waking up in this body every morning is a good thing because that way, the first thing that I saw is her.


We go out often now. Having date, riding horse together, visiting the beautiful lake not too far at the backside of our clan place and spending of our time talking there.


Getting close feels so damn nice so why not closer? Right? 


So, that night I arranged a romantic dinner with her. Romantic by just adding candle. Mehh.


But still, it is romantic because that’s how I feel.


“What about we play game after dinner?” I ask, getting to my next move of ‘getting closer’.


“What game?” She ask.


“Truth or dare” I smirked to her.


“How to play it?” She ask again, seemed interested though.


Well, for sure we going to play it my way.


...


I briefly explained about the game to Jiyeon before we begin playing. I told her whoever failed to satisfied the other player will be punished.


“Truth or dare?” I ask, starting the game.


“Umm dare” She said after thinking for a while.


Well, she haven’t know the danger of dare. I will make sure she regret her choice for sure. Well, I already explained the risk of the game to her earlier though.


“Are you sure?” I show her a playful challenging look.


“Yes” She sound a bit shaky but still maintaining her confident look.


“I dare you to kiss me” I point to my lips “Here”


“Eh?” Jiyeon get red on instant on the mention of word ‘kiss’. I tried hard not to laugh but to my surprise she lean in while I was busy suppressing my laugh and plant a quick kiss on my lips.


“Eyyy” I protested. “That doesn’t count. Do it again” Eyy no way I am going to let that one pass. That was like... almost nothing. My heart did skipped a beat but still.


“For real?” Jiyeon’s redness haven’t left her face which is so funny that I finally laugh out loud uncontrollably.


“Yes” I said in between my laugh. “Come on. It just a game” I try to convince her.


Jiyeon lean closer once again and this time I grab the opportunity to look into her eyes. For seconds, we just staring into each other eyes.


I am sorry. I am really sorry, Jiyeon ah.


“This is how it should be done” I said and close the gaps in between our lips, softly kissing her.


I feel bad for craving to do this all this time but what to do? I can’t help myself. I am only human and she is an angel.


Jiyeon surprisingly didn’t back away which resulting on me taking advantage of it. I feel guilty but gradually feels like so into the kiss to keep feeling that way.


After we end it, Jiyeon quickly sit back facing me, hiding her face. It took me few minutes to calm my racing heart and tap her on her back.


“Hey. We haven’t done with the game” I said after clearing my throat.


“Truth or dare?” She ask, still back facing me.


Eyy this kid.


“Truth” I said.


Jiyeon turn to face me and ask, “Are you choosing this game on purpose?”


“Obviously yes” I answer as fast as lightning. “Truth or dare?” I ask.


“Truth”


Gotcha.


“Are you enjoying the kiss?” I ask, giving challenging look.


Jiyeon’s face redden again. “I did” She shoot back challenging look to me, not wanting to lose the mental fight. “Truth or dare?” She then ask.


“Truth” I said.


“What about you?” She ask. “Are you enjoying it?”


“I’ve been wanting to do it for long time so yes, very” I firmly stated.


This game turn out to be our confession game. Oh gosh. I didn’t expect this.


“Truth or dare?” I ask her.


“Dare”


How dare you.


“Kiss me again”


I never know a kiss can be addictive. This time I will make sure Jiyeon too get addicted to it like I do.


...


“Did you always play game like that with others?”


“Yea”


“Ohh”


“I never kiss anyone before you”


“Hmm”


“It’s true”


“Okay”


“It’s trueee”


“I didn’t say anything”


“Okay”


“Hahaha”


“You get jealous, right?”


“No. Why should I?”


“You are. Because you are my wife”


I am thankful she didn’t say anything like ‘but we are both girls’. Still, I don’t want her to see me as a guy. That’s why when we are on our own, I ask her to call me ‘unnie’ and she comfortably did.


...


The next day, we all need to gather at the main hall after lunch for the announcement of the next leader.


To my surprise, it’s not Jung hyung. I am not backing away from being the chosen one to witness this guy which gave uneasy feeling to take over what is supposed to be mine though.


No.


“I protest” I said loudly, interrupting the announcement. “I demand qualification test to be held first”


Lee Joon is chosen because he is the closest relatives. I won’t stop until I saw the rightful one standing as the leader. It will be Eunjung, my Jung hyung.


At least before I leave this place, I will make it happened.


“He is sick. He is talking nonsense”


Peoples start to buzz around, talking bad about me. Some are supporting me.


“Ahem” One sound from my father silenced the whole room. “Then that will be it” He said, supporting me.


...


“Unnie” A tap from behind my shoulder surprised me.


I was sitting by myself to watch stars that night.


“Huh?”


“I’ve been calling you few times earlier. You didn’t even respond” Jiyeon’s voice sound clear and unclear at the same time. It somehow seemed distant.


“You did?” I was experiencing a sudden silence earlier. It’s scaring me.


For the first time ever, I feel the seconds of fading away.


It’s really scaring me that I quickly hug Jiyeon. She once again talking to me but I can’t hear her.


“Please wake up” Another voice get to my ears.


Omma?