Week 03: Game On

Housemates (SaNayeon Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week 03: Thursday

Just another day as I head out the door for my classes.

"Oh! Good morning, Nayeon." Tzuyu greets me, waving.

"Tzuyu! Good morning. On your way to class as well?" I ask.

Looks like Tzuyu left just before I did, I jog a bit to catch up with her as we make our way towards campus.

"Actually I've got to get down to the farming garden. My boss wants me to get some serious weeding done and I don't want to be there all day." She answers. Not looking particulary excited about it.

"Oh yeah, you work there don't you? How'd you land that job?"

"My mom runs a vegetable farm. It seemed like a pretty natural way to make some money aside from my scholarships. I actually started there over the summer. Helped me make some moving-in money."

"That makes sense. Hey, you think you could put in a good word for me? I'm not sure how I'd get into a job like that otherwise." I ask. I seriously need to get my working. Extra dime won't hurt considering that my band hasn't had any gigs in the past few months.

"Well, it's a pretty active job. There's a lot of running around or hard labor to be done. I've got a day of weeding ahead of me, for instance, and that's not easy at all. Get used to running around and keeping yourself in shape. We can teach you how to garden properly, but if you don't have the stamina to keep up, you'll never get a job there." Tzuyu explains.

"Well, I can certainly try to be active."

"There ya go! It might not seem related, but I've heard the cleerleading team needs a waterperson. It'll definitely get you up on your feet keeping up with those girls."

Huh? And have Momo bossing me around? NO FREAKING WAY.

"Are you serious? I'd probably get more intelligent conversation from the plants than those airheads." I say.

"Hey! Be nice! Though it IS always nice to talk to the plants. It helps them grow!" 

We've almost made it to the main buildings. I'm just about to ask where Tzuyu and I will split up when I notice that we're actually right in front of the campus cafe.

"Speaking of work, isn't this where Sana works?" Tzuyu says.

We both look inside the window to see Sana shuffling around the relatively busy cafe, one plate in her hand. Just as we're looking in though, she looks out.

As soon as she spots us, she beams and waves us over with her free hand. Tzuyu waves back and starts to walk towards the door. Sana walks the plate over and puts it down in front of a girl in a jersey.

Oh great, looks like Momo is here too. Ain't that just perfect. Ugh. I don't know if I'm up for dealing with Sana's girlfriend.

"Hey, Nayeon, you coming?" Tzuyu's already at the door, looking back at me.

I take another look inside, Sana's still talking to Momo. She won't notice if I just bail. It's not like I've got any reason to run though. Maybe I can show that 'pom-poms-waving' girl that she's got some real competition.

"Yeah, yeah. Hold the door." I say. I'm not gonna -foot around just because that Momo is in there.

"Morning Sana!" Tzuyu greets.

"Hey girls, good to see you! Grab a table I'll be over in a sec." Sana says. She winks at us and heads behind the counter to grab someone else's order. 

Tzuyu and I make our way over to one of the few free tables. It just so happens it's right next to the table Momo's sitting at.

"You must be Momo?" Tzuyu starts.

"Got it in one. You seen me on the field?" Momo answers, sounding a little too proud.

"Umm... we're actually Sana's housemates."

"Oh! Yeah, she's told me about you girls." Momo says. She sticks out her hand and Tzuyu shakes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter