Week 02: King's Cup

Housemates (SaNayeon Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week 02: Wednesday

It's a little weird, wandering around this place like it's my own home. I've only been here a few weeks. I'm not used to the noises yet. For instance, I can hear a bunch of the others downstairs. 

I wonder what's going on here? Looks like Mina, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu have set up in the common room. There are also about four six-packs stacked on the table...

"Umm... hey girls." 

"Oh, great, hey Nayeon! We were just about to start playing King's Cup. Come join us." Tzuyu says.

"King's Cup?" I ask.

"It's a card game with drinking that Sana showed us. Or maybe a drinking game with cards is a better term?" Chaeyoung answers.

"You know the rules forbid alcohol in here, right?" Jeongyeon suddenly appears from behind.

Ugh! Not this douchette again!

"Paging doctor buzzkill! You're needed for an immediate fun-ectomy." 

"Oh shut up Nayeon, before I dissect YOU."

"Oh I'm trembling. You're so SCARY." I mock her back.

You ain't winning this one, bish!

"Come on you two. Now is not the time for your silly banter. Jeongyeon, you should join in too." Tzuyu says.

Jeongyeon shakes her head.

"Does nobody listen to me around here?"

"I do my best not to." I answer back. Sorry, not sorry.

"Did I not just tell you to shut up?"

"We listen, we just think you're silly." Chaeyoung butts in.

Oh-ho-ho! Even the adorable girl had enough of Jeongyeon's tyranny.

"Come on, Jeongyeon, loosen up. Besides, if we can't do it here then we're gonna be forced to find somewhere else to do it. We'll be out on campus, drunk and wild, talking about how our cruel RA threw us out of our own house." Tzuyu dramatically says.

The guilt-tripping strategy. Nice.

"It might not look very good." Mina backs Tzuyu up. 

Wow, Mina finally said something.

"Fine! Do whatever you like! Just don't come crying to me when the housing authority kicks you all out." Jeongyeon stomps away from us. I can hear her door slamming from down here.

"Ha! That was fantastic. Where's Sana to see her get put in her place?" I ask. Actually, I've been wondering where Sana is the moment I came down here.

"I know, right? You'd think since this was Sana's idea she'd have stuck around? But apparently, her latest crush called and she had to go running." Tzuyu says.

I frown. "Crush?"

"Oh sorry, I meant girlfriend."

"We'll see how long this one lasts." Chaeyoung comments.

So what does all this mean? Does Sana have a girlfriend? I can't believe it! I have to know!

"So, who's this crush?"

"Erm... Some cheerleader... What's her name again?" Tzuyu asks herself, thinking.

"Momo. Her name's Momo, the head cheerleader." Mina answers.

You don't mean... That girl from the party? Wait, Mina knows her???

"You know her, Mina?" I ask as my eyes widen.

"Umm...not exactly 'know', but she helped me last week when I was searching for Professor Sato's office. Oh and she's also Japanese like me and Sana." Mina answers. 

Yup, definitely THAT Momo from the party. She has striking facial features one can never mistaken as Korean. STILL! I can't believe that they're dating now! Whatever, this house is full of hot meat, why do I need to bother myself too much about Sana.

I shrug.

"Okay, so it's just us then?" 

"Yeah, just we three. Four, if you would join us?" Chaeyoung says.

Eh, it's not like I've never played a drinking game before. They usually end up being pretty hilarious.

"Hang on, lemme grab some stuff from my room okay? If I'm not down in a minute, just get started without me." I say. I only really wanted to grab some of my vodka stash to make things interesting.

When I get back down to the others though, I'm surprised to see Jeongyeon sitting there, looking put out.

"Wait, did somebody finally kill Jeongyeon? Is this her evil, but vastly more fun twin?" I tease, grinning.

"See Tzuyu! I shouldn't be down here." Jeongyeon whines.

Tzuyu rolls her eyes.

"Stay put, you grump. You've earned a little ribbing, I think. Just go with the flow already!" She says.

I try my best not to snicker while Jeongyeon grumbles.

"Hey, I brought a little something for the wild card rounds!" I excitedly say as I hold up the bottle in front of their faces.

"Oh, have you played this game before?" Mina asks.

Psh, oh please girl of course, countless times!

"I have, but I think I played it by another name... Really I just wanted to get better booze!" 

"Okay, well, as you can see Chaeyoung set everything up quite nicely for us." Tzuyu says. She gestures at the table where the game is set up. A large plastic cup sits in the middle of the table, around it in a circle are a bunch of cards.

"Oh yeah, I think it was called 'Circle of Death' last time I played. It was awhile ago though." I say.

Chaeyoung clears .

"The rules are simple. We take turns pulling a card from the circle. Each card has a special task or meaning assigned to it. When it is drawn, we perform the task. For example, a '2' means that you may make someone at the table other than yourself drink. I'll explain the rest as we pull the cards out." Chaeyoung explains.

"GAME!" 

Everyone cheers, even if Mina and Jeongyeon are less enthusiastic than the rest of us.

"Who goes first?" Mina asks. She looks kinda nervous lol. 

Chaeyoung beams at her. "I think someone has now volunteered!"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter