Week 05: Patient N

Housemates (SaNayeon Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week 05: Sunday

Ugh, I feel like utter crap. Why didn't I get a sweater or something? 'Oh, I make polar bears look like wimps!' ... No, I make polar bears look like geniuses.

Runny nose, fever, it feels like I'm trying to swallow a cactus... I think I'm just going to die here for a little while. I can even hear my ancestors calling me towards the light! Wait... no, that's Jeongyeon in the hallway... what are they talking about?

I press my ear against the door.

"Her fever is incredibly high. I can't believe we're all going out! I just want to make sure someone is here to keep an eye on her." Jeongyeon says.

Hold up. Am I hallucinating? Did Jeongyeon really just say that?

"It's just a cold, Jeong. I've seen worse. All she really needs to do is get some sleep. And while she's doing that, the rest of us can get out of here." Sana says.

"I don't know, it is pretty high... Then again, if I don't see my study group tonight we're going to fail our agricultural project." Tzuyu says.

"Look, we've all got stuff to do, I'm not saying we don't. I'm just saying that someone should stick around to make sure she doesn't get worse." Jeongyeon says.

"It would be a kindness to her." Chaeyoung adds.

I didn't know I was such a burden. Not like I asked to get sick... whatever. Besides, I was doing some pretty good dying back there. Ugh. I guess I'm gonna have to make the decision for them.

I grab my bathrobe and start dragging myself to the door.

"So you can stay Chaeyoung?" Jeongyeon asks.

"Perhaps... I had planned to watch the stars from the hill tonight." Chaeyoung answers.

"Or y'all could just forget about it and get out of here so I can get some damned sleep." I in.

"Nayeon! You should be in bed!" Sana rushes over to my side.

"And you should all be quiet when discussing the terrible burden of making sure I don't croak, yet here we are." I say, feeling irritated.

"Sorry Nayeon, it's not like you're a burden. We just have things that we need to do out of the house tonight." Tzuyu says.

"Seriously, you idiot, go back to bed. We'll sort it out in a second." Jeongye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter