Week 01: The Players

Housemates (SaNayeon Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week 01: Friday

You might assume that I'm a sleep-till-noon kinda lady. Wrong! Six AM, every morning, on the dot. Late to bed and early to rise makes a person healthy, wealthy and not particularly wise, but hey, life is short.

I let out a yawn and walk downstairs.

Looks like Tzuyu's doing some stretches in the common room. She shoots me a bright smile.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" She asks.

"Slept alright. Mattress was kinda hard though."

"That's no good. Do you want me to lend you a mattress pad?"

Oh, isn't she nice.

"No, thanks. I've slept worse."

Jeongyeon walks out of the kitchen.

"...you?" is the first thing she says with a hint of surprise and dismay in her tone.

I take some personal satisfaction out of seeing her nearly drop her coffee cup at the sight of me.

"You're up early. Or did you never sleep?"

"Ya! Gimme some credit! Got a full three hours here."

"Three hours?" Jeongyeon's eyes widen.

"What about it?"

"How are you still functioning? Or at least, maintaining whatever cruel mockery of functioning you're doing."

"The blood of thousands of acoustic gods and goddesses pulsing through my veins." I say with a wink.

Tzuyu chuckles while Jeongyeon rolls her eyes, as usual.

"Where's that coffee pot?" I ask.

"Did I say you could use it?"

"You're kidding me."

"It's my coffee maker. You ask to use the coffee maker, I ask to use your guitar. It's called'reciprocity'."

"Like hell you're touching my baby. Can you even play?"

"And thus, yet another point goes safely by, having been completely missed. The POINT is, ask me nicely and maybe I'll let you have some coffee."

Ugh! She's really trying so hard to get into my nerves. Early fcking morning!

"No way!"

"Yes way."

"I'm not saying 'pretty please' to the likes of you, missy."

"You are if you don't want to pay for coffee."

"Girls, please!" Tzuyu intercepts. "Jeongyeon, there's no need to make such a big fuss over this. As an RA, it's your job to be the more mature one! And you, Nayeon, a little bit of courtesy goes a long way. For the sake of household harmony, could you please resolve this peacefully?"

Tzuyu frowns as she lectures both me and Jeongyeon. Us, on the other side, go completely silent. She's a little scary!

I raise my hands up in the air. "Alright, alright! Can I please use your coffee pot, ma'am?"

Jeongyeon grins victoriously. "Why yes, you can."

I'll get you some other time. You just wait!

Tzuyu beams at me. "See? You get more bees with honey than vinegar."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, yeah."

I slam my first fix of the day down my gullet without further ado. I'd rather deal with bees than this douchette, but this honey ain't so bad.

--------------------

Finally, lunchtime!

Since I had two classes this morning, I got to have two times the grading system lecture. At least I learned how much I can skip before I've gotta turn on the charm. Well, outta sight outta mind. I'm not gonna sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter