Week 08: TWICE

Housemates (SaNayeon Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week 08: Monday

Finals are over and it's finally time for the first break!

I think I've spent way too long studying this quarter and not nearly enough time working on my band. That all changes this break though! Mr. Park finally relented and says we get to headline this week! Sure it's because his main band cancelled on him, but who cares? I call it, opportunity!

I've called Jihyo over and we're meeting tonight to discuss the playlist.

Ha! This is going to be a great winter break!

I've pulled some snacks out of the fridge, and I've got a list of songs on the table. This could really be our big break.

"All right, sis, you ready for this?" Jihyo asks.

"Jihyo! You know it, sis. Did you get Dahyun's suggestions? She still at work?"

"Yeah, she should be off for all the shows though. Couldn't get time completely off."

"Okay, well, we can work some of her fave's into the rotation. Jackson said he didn't care?"

"You know, him. He'll play whatever we say to play. He's gonna be eyeing the crowd anyway."

"Heh. As long as he plays his heart out, he can eye-screw the whole damn audience for all I care."

"That's fine, just don't tell him that. He'll take it as a challenge."

Jackson is our drummer by the way.

Jihyo and I flop down on the couch and start going over our best songs.

"This has got to be a set to remember." I say.

"I know, I know. Don't get too worked up. We're ready for this."

"Yeah, I know... we've got this."

"Damn right we do. Oh, hey! Mr. Park wants to know if you want him to comp anybody? No drinking unless they're over 21, but he'll let 'em in." Jihyo says.

"I can't think of anybody off hand."

"What, not even your housemates? I mean, you live with them, don't they know what you do?"

"Well... yeah. I guess I could invite them along."

"Only one comp per person, Nayeon. You're gonna have to make a choice."

Oh well, that's a bummer. I would wanna invite at least a few of them.

"I know you'd probably invite your chic, Sana, but in case she won't be available, bring someone else- someone like *ehem* Tzuyu." Jihyo adds, smiling sheepishly.

I roll my eyes.

"Why don't you invite her yourself?" 

"Nah. That girl's a total eye candy, but she's so intimidating. I think she'd just roll her eyes at me if I ask her."

"Really, Jihyo, really? Since when did you ever back down from a challenge? Besides, you're not bad looking yourself. Plus once she hears you sing, she'll be head over heels for you." I try to boost her confidence. I do mean all of it though. If there's one person I'll admit who's a little more talented than I am, it would be Jihyo.

"Aww. Thanks, Nayeon. Maybe next time I will."

I just shrug in response.

Jihyo stretches her arms as she lays down on the couch.

We're going to have a couple of shows this week, I guess I could invite everyone one at a time... or I could just pick someone.

"Oh, hey Nayeon! And...?" Mina greets us as she enters from the main door.

"Hey Mina! This is my bandmate, Jihyo."

"Pleasure to meet you, Mina." Jihyo says as she waves a hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Jihyo!" Mina answers.

"Say, what are you up to tonight?" I ask.

"Packing. I'm flying to Japan tomorrow to visit my family. I'll be back for the new semester." She answers happily.

"You're such a sweetie, Mina." Jihyo comments.

Mina blushes a little.

"Uh...thanks?" She says. "What are you two up to?"

"Planning tonight's show. Our band's actually headlining." I say.

"Oh, that's great!" Mina claps her hands twice.

"Yeah, it's gonna be incredible." I say confidently.

"Speaking of, we should probably get back to it." Jihyo says.

"Oh! Say no more! Have fun girls; knock 'em dead!" Mina cheers before going up the stairs.

Wow. She seems really excited. I'd be too if I'll be seeing my family again after a couple of months of being away.

Jihyo and I go over the show notes until we can recite them forward and backward. I may slack about a lot of things, but this show's gotta be good. I know the band can handle it, we just have to get up there and perform.

Once we're finally satisfied, I walk Jihyo to the door, then head up to my room. The only thing left for me to decide is who, if anyone, I want to bring along.

Oh, I know- I'll invite Jeongyeon!

... ... ... HAHAHAHAHA! NO. I'd actually like to have fun tonight, which means that no-jam is off the table. I'm pretty sure fun is against her religion.

Who am I kidding though? Like I was going to ask anyone but Sana. A comp ticket for one, meaning no GIRLFRIEND around to screw with me?

Hell, I made my way to her door while I was rejecting the idea of inviting the others.

*Knock Knock*

It only takes a few seconds for Sana to open her door.

"Oh, hey hot cakes. How's it going? Come on in."

She ushers me inside.

"Hey, cutie. I'm doing well. You?"

"Can't complain. The quarter is over and my scholarship is safe for n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter