- An Angel, or a Cupid??

Because You're YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woah, man.. I could literally see through the holes you made on his back.."

 

Seungri glanced at Daesung from the corner of his eyes, he felt weirdly uneasy at the way Daesung was looking at him as if the older knew something he doesn't.

 

"What is it, Dae..?"

 

Daesung blew on his nails, observing them as he smirked, "It's been like--forever, since you're interested in someone.. Not to mention, you've never stare at them for sooo long.."

 

For a moment, Seungri's face showed a small hint of surprise, until it regained back it's indifferent look. "Stop playing riddles, Dae.. You know I hate it when you're not being straight with me.."

 

Daesung sighed, "Aish.. You're such a kill-joy!! Anyway, what's up with that kid beside Dong Youngbae..?"

 

Seungri furrowed his eyebrows, "Dong Young-who..?"

 

"Youngbae.. The one sitting beside that kid you've been staring at since he entered the hall..? Duh..?"

 

"What's with him..? I didn't stare at any 'kid' as far as I know.." Seungri uninterestedly glanced at his wristwatch, the Principal was late..

 

Daesung had enough, his bestfriend was the best in avoiding questions.. But no, he shouldn't give up!! Seungri might intimidate others with his icy personality, but since he befriended the younger back when they were little, he had gotten used to Seungri's cold aura and had never felt hurt or whatever.

 

Although on their first meeting he had wondered on how could a boy's face look so sad. Daesung tried his all for months in order to make Seungri accept him as a friend, he didn't know why, but Daesung was sure that there's more behind that cold facade.

 

"Seungri, you've been sticking your eyes on him since he made his entrance!! Since my eyes are still in very good condition, there's no way that I would have mistaken..! You better tell me what actually happened between you two, or perhaps it's love at first sight, or.."

 

"Can you just--shut up, Dae..? For an athlete, you had the mouth of a gossip girl, you know..?"

 

Seungri was giving him the stop-whatever-the--you're-doing-cuz-it's-annoying-me look but Daesung wasn't one to give up..

 

"It's simple, really.. Just answer this one million dollar question--WHY, WERE, YOU, STARING, AT HIM..?"

 

Seungri lowly groaned, sometimes Daesung just don't accept 'nothing' for an answer. Though.. To say that he was staring at the new kid, no.. Seungri strictly denied that.. He didn't stare at the kid..

Nope.. Not at all..

 

It was just that.. Seungri was looking around the hall, filled with annoyance for having to sit with these students who are way below his status. As he watched the students, some met his eyes, but knowing their level they quickly avoided any eye contact. Seungri smirked a little, at least some still do recognize who he was.

 

Not like that someone who knocked him down this morning and dared to fall on him..

Making him later than he already was.. (Although the teacher didn't say a thing, of course she didn't, everyone knows who his father is)

Dared to maintain eye contact with him..

Those enchanting brown orbs..

STOP IT!! 

 

He didn't know why, but he kept looking around the hall, towards the entrance, then around the hall again.. Seungri didn't know the actual reason for his eyes to do so, yet he still let his eyes roamed everywhere. He tsked, feeling annoyed as he was glancing towards the direction of the seats of some of the cheerleaders. When some girls timidly winked at him when he met their eyes, and then bashfully covered their face with their hands. What the--?

 

He clearly knows that his family's status in the society and his good looks had earned him the spot among the most famous boys in school, but he had always--ALWAYS--rejected the girls from the cheerleading team who flirted with him, sparing them an uninterested look and HONESTLY telling them that he'd rather eat from the garbage bin than having a relationship with them. Even more if the girl wasn't from the same 'category' as him in the Reputation System. They don't even get to hear his words--only a cold glance and a raise of his brow and then he'd leave the girl, ignoring her confession, gifts, whatsoever..

Even so, they're still chasing after him, no matter how cold he treated them.

 

Even his teammates, although they still stick around him, had stopped trying to invite him for hangouts or parties because he never paid any effort in interacting with them other than on the team's matters during trainings or about classes' assignments. Only Daesung stuck with him everywhere he goes and the only one whom he treated better than everyone else. Maybe it's because the older had been pestering him since they were small toddlers, so Seungri had gotten used of calling the older his bestfriend and was confident in Daesung's honesty in befriending him.

 

Not like his other 'friends' who always hang around him during lunch or practice, giving him compliments and all because of his status. All they ever care of is money and fortune, and Seungri never really show any kind of gratitude towards them. They annoy him, and no matter how hard they try, they'll never get to stand on the same level as him. Seungri hates that kind of people--not knowing when to give up, just because you believe you can do better. These people need to know their places.

 

Unable to contain his annoyance level anymore, he redirected his gaze back to the entrance, and that was when he felt it--he felt something alien, as he watched that kid, entering the hall with a puzzled look, obediently following a short small-eyed guy to the Averagers' seats. His clueless face suddenly formed a pout, and Seungri's heart unexplainably skipped a beat seeing it.

 

What the--? Why did that happened..? Was he too annoyed seeing that boy..? Was it some kind of a despise towards the kid who crashed into him this morning..?

 

After the boy was safely seated, Seungri found his eyes kept looking towards his direction. Although he tried many ways to distract himself, counting how many portraits hung on the wall--he stopped as soon as he realised how stupid that was--, eavesdropping Daesung and Hyunseung's gossiping--but got annoyed the moment he started listening--and even intimidated some geeks who happened to make eye contact with him. 

 

However, no matter how hard he tried, at last Seungri still found himself watching the puzzled kid looking around the hall, once a while pouting as he glanced at the students.. Suddenly he nudged the short guy beside him and they started to converse comically, like close friends..

 

Already had a mate..? That's fast for a new kid..

 

And that was when Daesung caught him 'staring', which he clearly didn't, he was just trying to figure out how much hate does he have for that new kid that caused his stomach to feel uneasy when he saw him made cute, adorable faces.

 

Ew.. Since when did Seungri know how to use the word adorable..?

 

 

"So..? I'm waiting, young man.."

 

Seungri sighed, it wasn't that he's denying, he's telling the truth. "Firstly, I wasn't staring.. You happened to look at me when I happened to be glancing his way.. And secondly, he was the one who bumped into me this morning, making me later than I should be... Satisfied, now..?"

 

He thought that was the end, but did he forget that Daesung's exactly the opposite of him..?

 

When Lee Seungri doesn't give a , Kang Daesung would want to know EVERY single detail, especially when it had anything to do with Seungri and something that was so unfamiliar with him--feelings.

 

"Oooooo I see.. So was it the kind of 'We bumped into each other and when he fell on me we accidentally kissed' or 'we bumped into each other and his books fell on the floor so I helped him and that was when our hands touched and I could feel some kind of electricity as our eyes--"

 

Seungri pushed Daesung's face further from him because the older was whispering too near that his breath tickled Seungri's ear. (And because Daesung was being nonsense, Seungri decided to not let him continue)

 

"If you're trying to make me throw up my lunch, you're very much succeeding. Seriously, I think you're a girl stuck in that muscular body."

 

"And you're an iceberg stuck in an .."

 

Seungri gave him the what-the- look and returned his focus back on the empty stage down the hall.

 

"So... why were you glancing his way..?"

 

Seungri shut his eyes tightly as he inhaled, trying to keep his temper in check. Was today 'Daesung Annoying Seungri Day'..? It was true that he had accepted that fate had destined this guy to be his only friend, but Daesung was practically 'begging him to kill the older'..

 

"I wanted to see how much I despise him. Happy now..? Now shut up.."

 

"But--" Daesung was still trying to stop his bestfriend from denying everything when the Principal walked up the stage and stood behind the podium, testing the mic.

 

"Oh .. I forgot again.."

 

Seungri spared him a side glance as he smirked, "Oh , indeed.."

 

 

 

 

"Good afternoon, students!! And welcome back to school!! How's today..? Meeting your friends again after the holidays..? Was it awesome..?"

 

Murmurings of "Yes, it is!!" , "Is she embarrassing herself on purpose..?" and "Meh.." filled the hall and the female principal raised a hand to request for silence.

 

"I'm sure you all are excited for a whole new year!! Another year to make Shindong High proud by scoring excellently in exams, getting astounding achievements in various curricular activities and many more!! We have a very important new person with us today, which I'll introduce after I see my son.. Gwiyeom..? Where are you, honey..?"

 

Daesung shrunk into his seat as the principal kept on calling that stupid nickname. Why, WHYYYYY must she embarrass him every single year in front of the whole school..? Everyone was looking at him and whispering among themselves..

 

Daesung covered his face with his hands, silently wailing and wishing for the ground to open up and swallow his mother whole.

 

"You know, it's getting more annoying by now.. "

 

It was Seungri, playing with a game on his phone as he gazed at his bestfriend with his bored eyes, and glanced at the principal who's still calling for her son with that horrible nickname. "Considering she does this every year, you must have zero dignity left with you by now, right..? So what if you shut your mother up..? Just raise your hand or something.. You're getting more pathetic as the clock ticks.."

 

Daesung glared at Seungri for the 'helpful' remark, and the latter only gave him a poker face. Deciding to face with this mortification for the last time--because it's their last year--he raised his hand. 

 

"Awwww there you are..! Be nice, sweetie.. Don't forget to eat your medicine during tea break!! So..! Now, I'll be introducing your new Vice Principal, Mr. Yang!! Please come on stage, Mr Yang and--"

 

That's it. Daesung felt like screaming--which he did, in his mind--and maybe killing someone so that this embarrassing moment can be replaced with a gruesome experience. He was about to whine his miseries at Seungri when he noticed that the latter was not at all minding his sufferings as he was too busy staring at that new kid (again, for the nth time since that new kid entered.. Daesung bet his whole fortune that Seungri'll still deny it)

However, what Daesung saw next as he too looked at the said new kid shoc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter