- Slowly Melting

Because You're YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where is it.. Where is it.. It should be somewhere here-- Ahhaaa!!"

 

 

Jiyong exclaimed excitedly as soon as he found the book he had been searching for this past 28 minutes. Youngbae had told him about the amazing facilities in the town's library, and having nothing particular to do this weekend, Jiyong decided to visit the Bokwan Library to borrow some books about the Joseon era.

 

Old Mr. Kim (Youngbae had insisted their group of friends to call the teacher with that name since he's officially the older's most hated teacher) had announced to the class that they'll be having a quiz this Monday, but the old man was too nice that he didn't even care to tell them what the topics that are going to be asked.

 

Jiyong just had the feeling that the old teacher would be testing them with a boring but familiar topic, and since Jiyong has been a fan of this particular k-drama which portrays the life of royals during the Joseon era (don't tell Youngbae), he was quite sure of his instincts as he searched for books related to the era.

 

"Shhh..! This is a library..!" The librarian whispered loudly from the counter, startling Jiyong a bit as he lowered his head in shame for making a noise..

 

Can't he even save his dignity in a library..? 

Seriously, he's such a kid sometimes.. No wonder Youngbae always go all mother mode on him..

 

Jiyong pouted and sighed as he pulled the book from its place on the bookshelf, but soon screamed in shock as he found an eye watching straight at him from the other side through the space between the books. 

 

"SHHHH..!! This is a last warning..!"

 

Jiyong rubbed his chest in order to calm his rapid breathing, still a bit traumatized when he suddenly heard snickers from the other side, and finally he saw that pink hair. Annoyed, he groaned and called for the older, but he made sure he kept his voice low so the librarian won't scold him for the third time since he arrived.. It would be extremely stupid if he made the same mistake again, right..?

 

Although.. 'Stupid' was undeniably Kwon Jiyong's middle name.. Those were Youngbae's words, of course.

 

"Yah!! Hyung, you're so mean!!!" He could see that pink head walking towards the end of the shelf and there he was, Seunghyun with a full mischieveous smirk on his lips. One side of Seunghyun's lips was lifted as the older approached Jiyong and snatched the book in Jiyong's hand, ignoring the fact that Jiyong was pursing his lips at him for acting like a jerk.

 

"Seriously, Joseon..? Booooriiinggg~"

 

Deciding that being annoying was the older's 'charming' character, Jiyong only rolled his eyes as he dismissed the older's statement and retrieved the book. "I have a quiz, okay..? Now be a good hyung and help me carry these," 

 

Jiyong placed the books he had been carrying in his arms on the older, and Seunghyun immediately whined. "Heyyy.. What do you think I'm here for, huh..? Being your servant, you punk?!?"

 

Jiyong only shrugged as he walked away, Seunghyun trailing behind him with a dissatisfied scowl on his handsome face. "Firstly, you're the punk here," Jiyong stated in a matter of factly, ignoring Seunghyun's cheeky retort of 'Excuse me, the HANDSOME punk..' and continued, "And secondly, you're the one who said YES when I asked you to accompany me.."

 

Jiyong raised his eyebrows expectantly at Seunghyun, and the latter raised his hands in defeat after placing the books on the table Jiyong had picked. "Fine, you win.."

 

Seunghyun plopped on the chair as Jiyong started flipping through the pages, checking the information he might need for the quiz, once in a while humming and nodding to himself. Tapping his fingers on the table, the older started, "Sooooo.. What actually happened at the infirmary..?"

 

Jiyong suddenly coughed excessively, having been choked on his own saliva when Seunghyun suddenly shot him with the question. Seunghyun was quick to his feet but Jiyong gestured to him that he's fine, and later fastly recovered.

 

"Wow.. What a strong reaction.." Seunghyun thoughtfully nodded to himself while pretending to write on an imaginary clipboard like how scientists do while observing their lab rat.

 

"Shut up, Hyung.." Still slightly coughing, he closed the book he's currently checking and faced Seunghyun, "How did you know about it..? I saw you skipping school with my own eyes.."

 

Seunghyun sympathetically looked at him while shaking his head in a way that says Oh you poor kid, so naive and clueless.. "In high school, especially Shindong High, everything gets spread very quickly.. And since I have a trusted spy slash informant, I get the most details than anyone, so now..." He put both his feet on the table and crossed them, in a very bossy way as he demanded Jiyong to "Spill it out, kid.."

 

Jiyong groaned lowly.. He knew it, Seunghyun wouldn't have volunteered to accompany him to this 'Most Boring Place On Earth', according to the older, if there's nothing in it for Seunghyun.. Although he had been getting along with the older these past few days since they met at the teachers' parking, it was still better if his bestfriend was here also, so he won't have to deal with Seunghyun's constant habit of annoying him in order to see Jiyong's 'cute' reactions..

 

Youngbae was visiting his aunt in China, and was very worried in case Jiyong needs someone to guide him around the town to prevent him from being bored, because a bored Jiyong could lead to the birth of an overly curious Jiyong who'd do stupid things that seems mysterious to his irrational mind -- and usually the outcomes are not very good.. 

 

Jiyong had convinced his worried bestfriend that he'd find someone to go with him, but of course he didn't tell it was the infamous Choi Seunghyun -- the bad boy who wasn't exactly bad, because a mean guy won't call Jiyong his 'cute new dongsaeng'.. Come to think of it, perhaps it's better if his bestfriend wasn't here.. The shorter guy had never hide his dislike towards delinquents, plus Jiyong might had to put up with his bestfriend's speech of "WHY DID YOU DISOBEY ME?? I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM THOSE TYPE OF PEOPLE! YADA YADA YADA--"

 

Seriously, he'd rather not..

It maybe true about the older's status as a bad boy had refrained them from getting too close because of the stupid system (of course Seunghyun doesn't give a , because he still make it his habit to ruffle Jiyong's hair when they're by themselves), but Seunghyun was also an amazing hyung to him.. Although, right now, Jiyong just wished for a flock of birds to fly over him and shower the older with their . Seunghyun was still posing like a boss, waiting for his answer, so Jiyong decided that maybe he could give a summary of the whole incident at least..

 

"FINE.. Nothing important happened, I regained my consciousness, saw Lee Seungri sitting there, then Youngbae came, Seungri left, Youngbae stayed, the nurse came, confirmed that I'm okay, we left,"

 

Jiyong put the book he's holding aside and pretended to check through the pages of another one, hoping in his mind that Seunghyun would just give up on the topic and let Jiyong live another peaceful day without having to reminisce that unexpected memory that would paint his cheeks red and make his heart go thump-thump-thump.. (He'd rather feel those feelings in his room, ALONE, with no one to judge his giddiness..)

 

However, it was no use to expect anything from the older.. Seunghyun raised a brow disbelievingly as Jiyong stopped talking, trying to indicate that 'That's all that happened'.. "Bull.. Tell meee everything!!!"

 

It was pissing Jiyong off that no matter how childishly persistent Seunghyun was being, he was still able to remind himself to control the volume of his voice so that it was not too loud.. Jiyong really envied the older's perfect ability in controlling his body parts..

 

 Being reminded of his sudden boldness a few days back suddenly drew a shy smile on his face as he bit his lips, fingers playing with the corner of the page he was currently at.. With a dreamy voice, eyes staring ahead towards nothingness, Jiyong started, "I his hand.."

 

".... Wait, what..?"

 

Jiyong sighed in partial bliss, still absorbed in the too-good-to-be-true moment. "It just seemed a bit surreal, him, the real HIM being in front of me.. I literally turn him into a blushing ice, and.. made him.. hate me more.." He pouted at his last words. 

 

Hate.. Will there be any other feelings Seungri can have for him..? Maybe he should try to have a better control of himself so that he could be more calm and reserved when being near his ultimate crush, and not ending up fanboying over the Ice Prince.. However, the amused older couldn't sense Jiyong's sudden change of mood as only one thing registered in his mind.

 

"You actually  his hands..??! Wow, that was crazy, and weird.. You were really smitten by him, don't you..?" Seunghyun was eyeing him weirdly as if Jiyong was some sort of a cute freak (because everything Jiyong does look cute in Seunghyun's eyes) who went all fanatic on his crush, and Jiyong, although he was suddenly in a sullen mood after realising his failed attempts to draw Seungri nearer to him only made the latter despise him even lotter, sighed weakly and explained himself to the flabbergasted older.

 

"He was palming my mouth so that I'll stop announcing to the world that he knows how to blush.. He abruptly turned pink after I complimented his good looks," Jiyong could vividly remember the apparent shock in Seungri's eyes when he actually realised that Jiyong was trying to flirt with him. Truthfully, Jiyong himself didn't know he could be so blunt like that, considering Seungri was still in the 'MAYBE STRANGER' category to him, despite their weird staring matches, and he actually regretted his untimely boldness.. Why..?

BECAUSE, guess why..?

Nobody knows whether the Ice Prince was into guys or not..!

Ding-ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!!

 

Thus, blatantly making a move on Seungri like the way he did at that time was decidedly NOT INTELLIGENT.. Who knows if Seungri had a strong distaste towards people like Jiyong..? Who knows if Seungri was disgusted at the fact that a guy like Jiyong could have feelings for him..? Who knows--

 

Okay, Jiyong we get it!! Stop breaking your own heart..!

 

 

To say Seunghyun was dumbfounded was an absolute understatement, as he still gawked at Jiyong as if the latter had done something that was so brave but stupid and dangerous at the same time.. "You ing drove him mad, Jiyong..! I hope I could see his face!"

Although Seunghyun seemed amused by his new found, because what Jiyong did was never done by a living human before, Jiyong couldn't help but wonder if the whole thing happened would even help him to get Seungri to like him..

 

"No wonder he was so furious as he stormed out, hoping for you to die and all--"

 

Jiyong stopped his actions of arranging the books according to their thickness as he swallowed the mysterious lump in his throat, why was he feeling sick all of a sudden..?  "He hoped for me to.. Die..?"

 

Seunghyun only waved a hand to dismiss him, saying "Of course he didn't mean it literally, why are you suddenly looking so pale..?" He nervously chuckled, as he observed the colour in Jiyong's lively orbs slowly fading away.

 

The younger suddenly sighed bitterly to himself, talking lowly under his breath, "I.. I wish I'd die too, Hyung.." 

 

Seunghyun was able to catch what Jiyong was saying, and he couldn't make himself to do anything as Jiyong quickly took the books he wanted to borrow and left the table. Did he hear that right..? Why was Jiyong suddenly acting like that..?

 

He watched as Jiyong hurriedly exited the library, ignoring (or perhaps he had forgotten?) the fact that he had came here with Seunghyun on a motorcycle, and leaving the older here meant that he'd have to walk all the way home -- which unfortunately was a very long distance away. Deciding to be the good hyung he was supposed to be, he quickly grabbed his keys and tried to catch up with the younger who was already nowhere to be seen.

 

 

'Seeing your face makes me sick, why didn't you just die with them??'

 

A slight throb was felt in his chest. It had started to rain, but Jiyong kept on with his fast pace, he was almost running by now, but who or what was he running from..?

The guilt..?

 

'They died because of you, why don't you just die with them and rot with that father of yours in the Hell..??'

 

 

The animosity towards him..?

 

'You don't deserve to live, if I were you I'd be so guilty that I was the cause of my own parents' death..!'

 

 

The sky was getting darker, it seemed angry, furious even as the strong wind blew the rainwater to various direction, drenching the boy who was running with the with library books in his arms.. Was the sky angry at Jiyong too, like how his grandmother was when she had denied his status as her only grandson..? 

 

'You mustn't let the words get to you, Ji..! Mother and father loved you, you're their son..! I'm your sister, of course I love you too..! Stop blaming yourself..'

 

But how can he stop, when everyone was pointing their fingers towards him..? When nobody cared about how swollen his eyes were for crying, crying for the pain they were putting on him, the guilt that wasn't supposed to be his, his fear that they didn't care to acknowledge..?

 

Jiyong felt numb, as he stepped into a slippery puddle, his bottoms met the wet ground in a disgraceful motion. The books he borrowed were scattered on the mud, his cheap clothes turned even cheaper, dirtier and stained with patches of dark, wet brown soil.. 

 

He felt numb, as the droplets of rain from the sky eventually mixed with his own tears that he didn't notice had escaped the barrier of his eyes, falling down his smooth skin.. Aside from the numbness in his heart at this moment, only one thing he had in mind..

His grandmother had never liked him anyway.. Maybe she'll be happier if he dies.. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                     ~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taking a sip from his mug, he savoured the taste of the hot coffee gliding down his throat. Relaxing his back on the backrest, Seungri took a deep breath before he started typing on his laptop. 

 

 

What the hell does it mean if I keep having this weird feeling and uneasiness in my stomach, and suddenly I'm not myself when I'm near someone, when I see his face, and when he smiles, but it's not like he looks cute in that smile, actually it kinda irked me

 

 

Okay.. Was he really serious..? Why did he type all these rubbish..?!?! Oh well, it won't lose him anything if he just proceed, right..? 

 

So, he clicked 'Search' and unconsciously bit his fingernails as he waited for the results. His eyes widened in shock + 35% horror when the results were shown on the monitor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daesung, in his regular happy mood, was walking along the pathway across Seungri's front lawn and finally arrived at the front door. Yesterday, after practice before the younger enters his car, he had requested Seungri to go with him to choose the most perfect cake for his mother's birthday -- although she never fails to make him hate the gods for making him her son, Daesung still surprisingly loves his mother.. Seriously, she should be extremely grateful that she had someone like Daesung as her only child. Someone who was able to patiently put up with all her nonsense antics, those ridiculous beauty sessions he was force to undergo, and please don't let Daesung start with all the embarrassment he had went through since kindergarten..

 

Maybe he should cancel the cake.. 'Yah! What were you thinking..!'

 

Daesung shook his head to shoo the bad thoughts away, 'Stop corrupting my mind, you devil..!' He knocked the door twice, and waited for anyone to answer when suddenly something was thrown from the second floor, and it hit the ground with a loud crashing sound. Daesung jumped on his feet, utterly shocked by the sudden unexpected 'tragedy'.. After debating in his mind and his curiosity won, he cautiously approached that poor thing to find that it was -- "A laptop..?" 

 

The front door suddenly opened and there stood Seungri's faithful middle-aged butler, smiling warmly at the still-shocked Daesung. "Are you here for Young Master Seungri..?"

 

Daesung respectfully bowed and nodded, "Yes, Ahjussi.." Glancing at the crashed piece of technology, he was sure that it was Seungri's.. Wanna know why was Daesung so sure..? -- Because he was the one who gave it as a present for the younger's birthday last year.. 

 

After being led to his bestfriend's room, Daesung didn't even hesitate as he stepped inside to find answers. He had came here for numerous times already that he could even draw a better map of Seungri's house than his own.. So no need to be all courteous and behaved as he roamed his eyes around his friend's bedroom, searching for Seungri.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter