- Untitled

Because You're YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dami had been alongside her little brother since the fluffy gumball was in his diapers. She really thought that for all the 24 years of her living, she had truly known the younger like the back of her palm. Because, well, they're close siblings, and never once did they've been apart from each other except for when they go to school or work. Their family bond was easy but tough, unbreakable even though they had this habit of giving odd pet names to each other.

 

"Morning, bird nest..!"

 

Okay.. Perhaps Dami was wrong about her whole I-know-everything-about-him-cuz-he's-my-lil-bro-duh because Jiyong was greeting her good morning and was cooking in the kitchen. It's not how this morning should have started. No.

 

Why..? Not because Jiyong was wearing a purple Teletubbies apron and cooking like a professional chef -- because although it hurts to admit, Jiyong's actually a way BETTER cook than her.

 

BUT, it was because since the day her brother was born, Kwon Jiyong had never ever ever ever woken up early on a Saturday. Not even if it was his birthday, even if he had school activities, or when Youngbae came for their playdates. Put it simply, Saturday is officially the day where Kwon Jiyong will sleep until his brain tells him 'okay, you've got enough rest you sleepy so wake up' -- and usually it's a little bit after noon.

 

Thus the reason Dami was squinting her eyes at her brother, giving him a suspicious look as she sat her bums on a stool at the counter. "Is this a dream or something..? Or am I hallucinating, because you were supposed to still be underneath that thick blanket of yours," 

 

Jiyong just smiled and gave her a silly look, "You're acting as if I've never been the first one to wake up,"  He swiftly placed some pancakes on his sister's plate and some on his too before cleaning up some of the mess he made while preparing their breakfast just now.

 

Dami wanted to wipe off that ridiculous look on Jiyong's face and tell him that yes, she had been his second alarm clock for all these years because Kwon Jiyong couldn't wake up instantly at the sound of his screaming alarm. But she decided that it's too early to be childish and instead swooped in for a taste of Jiyong's pancakes. Again, for the nth time since Jiyong was big enough to enter this war site called The Kitchen, she felt a tinge of jealousy towards her brother for his cooking skills -- although his skills weren't the greatest, but seriously his are better than hers.

 

Whatever.. I'll find myself a damn chef for a husband..

 

"Is your fever down yet..?" Because perhaps Jiyong was acting weird because he's still sick. And sick people does sick things, such as getting up early on a Saturday..

 

Jiyong was packing some kimchi fried rice into a lunchbox -- it was Dami's, and Jiyong's taking it without her permission in front of her own eyes, bastard -- as he spoke without meeting her eyes, "Yup. My antibodies are diligent and dependable, not like your lazy ones," 

 

Dami rolled her eyes, it wasn't her fault that each and everytime she was struck with a fever, she had it awfully bad that it usually takes at least a week for her to fully recover. "Shut up, pig.."

 

Jiyong snorted at the weak comeback from his sister as he took his seat and started eating too. Few minutes passed and his phone suddenly beeped. Jiyong quickly swallowed the lump of food in his mouth after reading the content of the message as he hurried to the sink and opened the faucet to wash his plate and cutleries.


Dami watched with her full-stuffed mouth as her brother anxiously did the dishes and packing the lunchbox into his backpack. Wait, "Why the hurry..? Are you trying to catch a train or something..?"

 

Jiyong made a beeline to the living room, while carrying that backpack of his and shouted from there so his sister could hear him, "I told you I am going to Seungri's house today, didn't I..?" 

 

Yes, of course he had.. But couldn't he see that Dami was plugging her ears with her earphones, hearing some pop songs at the maximum value at that time..?

 

"Then what about that shorty bestfriend of yours..? Do you expect me to babysit him or something..?"

 

Jiyong was already sitting at the front door, and he stopped tying his shoes at the mentioning of his bestfriend as he smacked his forehead rather loudly that it stung.

 

Of course, he would have forgotten about Youngbae who slept on the spare mattress beside his bed in his room last night. The thought of tutoring the Ice Prince had made everything seems rather blur, that Jiyong forgot to bid his bestfriend goodbye. It wasn't his fault that he was too busy on pondering what would happen when he finally arrives at the Ice Prince's 'castle'..

 

Will he humiliate himself again..? Will Seungri's father be there, or perhaps some annoying relatives of Seungri suddenly come uninvited..? (Because we all need to admit that we have at least ONE relative like this)

 

And he wasn't even sure if he had remembered to tell Youngbae about his new 'job', maybe he did, maybe he didn't.. It's okay though, the older would find out someday anyway. One way or another, Youngbae will always know everything about his well-being even though Jiyong tried his hardest to keep it secret.

 

"Just tell him what I told you,"

 

Jiyong could hear his sister muttering a half-hearted "Yea, I'm your servant now.. Safe journey, Master," and he silently chuckled to himself at his sister's natural self. He finished tying his shoes and stood to his feet after convincing himself that leaving his sister with his bestfriend in a same house was a good idea -- now was it..? He couldn't ponder on his decision more when Seungri's car came into view in front of his gate.

 

"I'm going, I'll text you when I arrive," He shut the door with a thud, and Dami tsked as she finished the last bite of her breakfast. She slowly got off the stool to wash her plate at the sink, at the same time thinking..

 

There was always one rule Jiyong had always follows, and it was his bestfriend is his number one priority. Since childhood, there were times when the neighbors threw parties or events for birthdays and all. Many kids were invited, and most of them were too wild that they always behave like animals when getting food from the food tables. 

 

Jiyong, the little Jiyong, would always manage to pass through the throng of chaotic troublesome kids because of his slim figure and small body frame. It was very convenient, because he'd be able to get the food faster.

 

However it would have been better if he had taken the food not only for himself and Youngbae, but also for his dear sister.

 

It's okay, though.. Because Dami was more matured than her age, so she didn't mind it in the least.. She had a very understanding mind for a young girl at that time.. Plus, who in the world would get irritated if your own sibling put his friend before you..?

 

*cough* Dami *cough*

 

So, it was extremely a bit refreshing that Jiyong, for the first time, had forgotten about his best mate. Dami released a satisfied huff and proceeded to wash her dishes.

 

It wasn't that she hates Youngbae or vice versa, but there was always some kind of a competition between them on anything regarding Jiyong.

 

Who gets to see his first tooth falls off first?

Who gets the first information on his grades?

Who is the first person to make him smile that day?

Who does Jiyong prefer to bring to the mall?

 

Youngbae took big pride in winning most of them, and Dami was left feeling bitter for losing to her brother's bestfriend. BUT, that was all in the past, and Dami had gotten the chance to breathe in relief when Youngbae moved away to Seoul. Although, it seemed like she's seeing more of that annoying face in a week recently..

Why, oh why did Uncle Jaesang bought them a house and set a new temporary life for them in Seoul..? Not only that, Jaesang also transferred Jiyong into the school where Youngbae also studies at. Aren't there any other elite school in Seoul..?

 

Steps were suddenly heard coming down the stairs and later Youngbae's morning groggy face popped through the kitchen door. He looked around and his sleepy gaze fell onto Dami who was raising her eyebrows in a questioning manner.

 

"Where's Ji..?" Youngbae blinked twice, trying to adjust his eyes to the bright surrounding.

 

"He left for Seungri's house," 

 

Youngbae furrowed his eyebrows, "What in the world is he doing there..?" Dami only shrugged as she uncaringly sashayed past the shorter guy, sprinkling her wet hands to dry them without caring to use the towel and slumped herself on the couch, clicking through some channels on the television. 

 

"Something about tutoring, I guess.. I don't have the further details, because I don't have enough time to care to know more," Dami glanced slightly at her back and watched as Youngbae's face turned into a shocking realisation, as he fixed his gaze on her.

 

"So you're telling me that you actually know more of his agenda today than me..?"

 

When Dami nodded with her fluttering lashes -- an attempt to annoy the out of Youngbae, and it's working -- Youngbae scoffed and sassily rolled his tongue out, not wanting the older lady celebrate her victory by watching him get annoyed (which he clearly did) as he turned around and climbed the stairs.

 

He was determined to take a shower, and then change into his clothes that he sometimes left here on the nights he spent in this lovely mediocre-sized house -- he was confident that he drove Dami insane by making sure his -eating grins were the first thing she sees every morning, while he cooks breakfast for the household (because Dami could never win if it was about cooking). 

 

Then he'll go meet Daesung for complete facts on their progress with this whole 'tutoring thing'. He knew from the always-seemed-to-be-smiling guy that Jiyong was Seungri's newly-appointed tutor, but hadn't gotten any info on the date of their first session. Daesung was supposed to be one step ahead in this matter, why didn't he tell Youngbae or Seunghyun..? Or perhaps Daesung himself didn't had the slightest idea on the whole sudden thing. That's so weird, for someone who always gets his hands on the juicy gossips first..

 

But what was more disturbing was..

 

How could Jiyong have forgotten to tell him first and foremost..? Now, Dami had won over him.. *puffs cheeks*

 

He knew that telling about Jiyong's excellent marks to Daesung was the best idea. He, himself, wouldn't have thought of the idea of suggesting to Seungri to ask (order) Jiyong to be his maths tutor. Daesung always had brilliant plans to bring the two idiots together, and Youngbae was mildly amused for that. Mildly, because Daesung himself had difficulties in admitting his feelings, and the latter was expecting for the coldest standoffish person on Earth to admit and accept his..?

 

Youngbae couldn't help but laugh, he knows and could see that Seungri indeed was harbouring feelings for his fluffy bestfriend, but a person like Seungri is too arrogant to admit that.. He tilted his head back as the cold water streaming from the faucet ran down his muscular chest and abdomen. Closing his eyes, he calmly sighed as the cool refreshing water helped to wake up the sleeping muscles on his body.

 

Youngbae dared to bet that if Seungri was the one who confessed first, Youngbae would definitely have a large cross tattoo on his right side. He'll even dye his hair, although the choice of colour needs very careful considerations..

 

Whatever.. It's not like he'd have to, anyway.. He dared swear to God because he's confident that his bestfriend would confess first. 

 

 

 

Seunghyun thought it was the last day his baby would get to see the light of day. That was until the sound of her blaring engine was heard after Seunghyun tried starting his baby for the gazillionth time.  "Oh, Juliet..! You're still alive, baby!!" 

 

"Seriously, you named your Ducati Monster Juliet..?"

 

His 'being grateful to God' moment was interrupted by that judging tone behind him. Beyond pissed, Seunghyun turned around to give whoever it was a piece of his mind, but was confused when he found none other than an amused Jiyong. Wait.. Why is he--

Get angry first, get confused later.. 

 

How dare that little belittled the name he gave to his baby..?

 

"Yah!! All guys name their motorcycles with girl names!" Seunghyun looked and sounded anything but intimidating, it was as if he was a boy arguing about his toy to another boy who purposedly underrated the precious thing.

 

"Oh, really..?" Seunghyun could see that the younger was challenging him, if the way Jiyong quirked his eyebrows as he looked at Seunghyun with his teasing hazel orbs was anything to go by, and the older found himself sighing in defeat. 

 

"Fine.. I just happen to like that one masterpiece of Shakespeare.. Don't look at me like that!!"

 

Jiyong was chuckling as he held out a hand to help Seunghyun to his feet from his squatting position on the ground. Dusting his jeans off, Seunghyun wiped some grease stains on his shirt with a worn-out piece of cloth.

 

"So you were fixing your bike in front of the house..? Don't you have a garage to do that..?"

 

Seunghyun wanted to laugh, because Jiyong was just so cute. "Of course that rich old man does -- and it's so damn tempting and complete with all the accessories and parts that I've always wanted to fix on her, but I'm not going to step any of my foot in there,"

 

He didn't hate Seungri's father, but he also didn't -couldn't- like him either.. So what..? He even hates his own mother, so do you expect him to be all smiles with the man his mother had secretly been in relationship with all these years..? 

 

Jiyong nodded in understanding, of course-- WAIT.

 

"I was supposed to.. Be at Seungri's..." Now his little brain was confused, "I thought I had arrived at Seungri's house..? The driver had mistaken the house or something..?! Does Seungri live beside your house or--"

 

Seunghyun was clueless at first on why was Jiyong suddenly panicking like the world has come to its end.. Jiyong mentioned about arriving at Seungri's house..? Well, can't he probably see that Seunghyun was here, in front of his eyes--

 

Oh, right.. Jiyong hadn't known that Seunghyun and Seungri were stepbrothers. Now it explained all the hyperventilating and the furrowing eyebrows..

 

But, didn't he hear any of the rumors though..? Topics regarding the proofs confirming that the notorious bad boy and the cold-hearted Ice Prince were indeed stepbrothers were hardly never muttered or whispered by the noisy mouths of the busybodies who called themselves students. It doesn't matter if you belonged to the Cool kids, the Averagers, or even the geeks, there's no way that you won't get attracted to the intriguing topic.

 

So realising that Jiyong seemed to be completely oblivious about this hottest rumor of them all, made Seunghyun wonder.. Wasn't Youngbae supposed to fill in all important information on the school and its students on Jiyong..?

 

Seunghyun had thought that Youngbae would deliver this particular information to his bestfriend, because well, Seunghyun had 'adopted' Jiyong as his brother so the younger needs to know that he'll need Seunghyun's blessing as a stepbrother of Seungr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter