- Lighter Than Before

Because You're YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungri got off the shining black Bentley as soon as the vehicle halted to a stop in front of the Royalz, an exquisite restaurant located near the city centre. It is the part of the town where most riches live, the homes of the politicians and those who are highly influenced in the society. He fixed his collar effortlessly, as he walked calmly to the entrance, exuding a mysterious but attractive aura in every step he took.

 

As expected, he managed to steal some attention from the passers-by even though he was wearing nothing too flashy -- a casual-looking designer sweater and a pair of jeans. Before entering the building, he looked up at the sky and frowned. It's getting dark, and the black dots on the sky seemed to be indicating that it's going to rain at anytime now.. He mentally hoped for Jiyong to have a safe and quick journey home.

That boyfriend of his has a very weak immune system, considering how easy he seemed to always catch a flu everytime it rains. He better not get caught in the rain..

 

As soon as the Seungri entered the fabulously decorated premise, the young receptionist girl immediately acknowledged him and ordered a waiter to bring the Ice Prince to where the table his father had booked was at. Seungri took pride in the fact that although he seldoms make appearances in public, people still know who he is without him having the need to introduce himself first.. 

 

Seungri smiled a little, remembering that Jiyong had absolutely zero idea on who he actually was the first time they met, and still didn't care about the Ice Prince's identity even after Seungri had made it clear that he wanted Jiyong to acknowledge their different statuses. It seems like Jiyong had always known -- his place had always been alongside Seungri.

Seungri mentally vomited at how corny his statement sounded. But still, that tingling feeling stayed in his heart as he kept on walking.

 

He finally arrived at the table assigned for their family -- his father and Seunghyun's mother were already there. Seeing him approaching, both focused their eyes on him and as expected there came the furrowing eyebrows. He didn't get the chance to say anything as soon as he bowed and rested his bums on the seat for his father was quicker than him.

 

"I hope you have a good explanation for those bruises and cuts on your face,"

His face was calm, as he sipped on his red wine, but Seungri could clearly hear the stern intonation in the calculated words as Mayor Lee Myungsoo speaks. His father rarely gets angry, because Seungri had always behaved his best since he was a child. However, he had managed to break that record.

 

"I got into a fight, but it won't happen again.. I admit it was a foolish act--"

"I'm glad you realized your immaturity. I hope fighting isn't the only thing happening in school lately," His father was clearly still mad, but he had to control his anger for they were in public. If he scolds Seungri as he had wished, most probably he'll get bashed by the citizens because of the bad display of image.. So he decided to let it go and change the topic. After all, this is Seungri's first strike. 

 

"Nothing big happened in school. We won a match recently, and our team will be competing in the semifinals next week.." That brought a firm smile on the matured face of Lee Myungsoo. The mayor was an older version of the teen Ice Prince. Though, his puppy-like eyes are an exception, for they took after his mother's.

 

"I'm glad to hear that, Seungri.. I hope you're able to cope with your studies as well,"

Haejin offered him a warm smile, while gracefully placing a piece of napkin on her lap. Seungri replied the smile with a small one of his own, he had tried being less hostile towards the lady after his birthday, and Haejin couldn't help but wonder if there's someone who's been guiding Seungri recently because that stepson of hers has been getting better emotionally and mentally everyday..

 

"I asked help from one of my.. friend.. And he's been tutoring me since a few months ago.. I've been better ever since." Seungri was going to reveal his relationship with Jiyong to his parents today -- not that Jiyong had any idea about it, imagine how shocked the latter would be if he knows.. He must be against it, blabbering about how it's not the time yet and reasoning out that Seungri was the one who first insisted on secrecy and all..

 

Well, Seungri gets what Seungri wants, and he wants ownership..

 

Err.. Wait that sounded a bit wrong..

 

 

However, the revelation needed to wait because that boyfriend of his was not here yet. Seungri glanced at his wristwatch to check on the time. It's already a quarter past eight, and still, no news from Jiyong.

 

"Good. At least you have your own initiatives. What's the boy's name..?"

Seungri was going to answer his father's question when suddenly a voice helpfully interjected from behind him, "It's Jiyong, Kwon Jiyong.. and he's such a cute little creature." Three heads symultaneously turned towards the source of voice and there stood a smug-looking Seunghyun with a timid-looking Daesung in his tow.

 

The older swiftly took his seat beside his mother and pulled the chair next to him for Daesung to sit. Even his own mother was surprised that her son attended the dinner, and her pretty face didn't even try to hide her emotions. "You're really here..? And with Daesung-ssi at that.. How's your mother, sweetie..?"

 

Daesung replied with a bright smile, his eyes crinkling at the gesture, while informing that his mother had been doing great recently with her new yoga classes. He turned slightly and met Seungri's gaze who was sitting opposite him. Poor the younger.. He must be confused as to why Daesung came as his stepbrother's partner.

 

Meanwhile, Seunghyun uncaringly shrugged off his mother's surprised statement. He himself hadn't been planning to come if it wasn't for Jiyong's persuasion..  He would have sworn not to attend their family dinner because ONE, he's not in a very good term with his stepfather -- it has nothing to do with the mayor, he had always put up with Seunghyun's antics, but it was Seunghyun who haven't accepted him -- and TWO, this year's dinner had an ulterior motive behind it.

Seunghyun found out that Mayor Lee had hired some reporters to take their pictures, since it's nearing the election season and all, and it would be preferable for his stepfather if tomorrow's main headlines are "Family is still a priority despite taking care of the city" and so on.. He had always known that there's something fishy about the mayor.. A few seconds later, the waiter came with their meals.

 

A few moments later after the waiter had left them on their own, Lee Myungsoo suddenly spoke up, "So it's true then..?" Seungri looked up from his plate, but his father was directing his gaze towards Seunghyun, not him.

"What's true..?" Seunghyun raised a challenging brow, demanding for more details other than the four-word-question. 

 

"I've been hearing things about you being in a relationship.. with a guy. What I never would've thought was for Kang Daesung to be the other participant.." 

 

"So what are you trying to say..? That it's wrong..? Unacceptable..? Against the norm of society..?"

 

Seunghyun was getting red, and Seungri bet Daesung was trying his best to calm the guy by discreetly holding his hand under the table.

How did Seungri know that..? Because it's just a Daesung thing to do..

 

"You know it yourself. See..? You already spelled out the reasons why this," The mayor pointed his finger at the two, "is wrong.. I guess I shouldn't tell you what you need to do then,"

 

Haejin was quiet beside Myungsoo, an unknown heavy lump in prevented her from saying anything. She hadn't thought that her husband would choose now to confront -- aka interrogate -- her son about his doubtful uality.

It was true, they had suspected her son to not be fully straight like a ruler as what they had hoped he would be. But Haejin had made her husband promised to talk about it calmly once their family gather together. She had thought that the moment will have to wait longer, because her son never comes to their family dinner, but it all became obvious and unavoidable when Seunghyun suddenly attends with Daesung.. 

Of all times, why now..?

 

"You don't need to tell me. I won't listen to any of them after all," Seunghyun's words were spit out of his mouth with hostility, perhaps the little amount of respect he had towards the mayor was now gone.  "Mom,"

 

For the first time since the heated argument started, Haejin raised her gaze from her hands holding cutleries on the table. She was met with an unreadable look from her son, and the look touched her heart in a heartbreaking way. It was as if Seunghyun was begging to her, pleading with his bare soul for her to provide him with some much needed backup.  

"You're just going to let him say anything..? Don't you wanna say something..? Do you approve..? Or do you--"

 

"All you've been doing since you were little were to tarnish the family's name, and you seriously think your mother will side you now..? Aren't you tired, Seunghyun-ah..? Can't you behave well for just once in your life without dragging others with you in your future-less trip..?"

 

That pulled the last straw.

 

Seunghyun looked as if he had been shot by a bullet, his hand balled into a fist while the other were held and caressed by Daesung's colder ones. 

Haejin's ears had turned red as well, listening wordlessly to her husband as he belittle her son in front of her with no respect for her as the mother. Downgrading Seunghyun as if he's done murder or anything alike.

However, it was neither of them who spoke up after Mayor Lee's harsh statement.

 

"What a wonderful speech, coming from a cheater himself. But if I were to be more precise, you could also be classified as a murderer.." 

 

 

 

 

 

"What's the matter..?"

Jiyong stretched his neck to be able to look at the teacher from his seat in the bus.

"There's a flat tyre, and the driver is going to fix everything in no time.. Don't worry, guys.." The teacher then disappeared through the bus door, leaving the students sighing in disappointment.

 

Jiyong was restless on his seat. Glancing towards Youngbae beside him who was leisurely playing a mobile game, Jiyong strummed his fingers on his lap to an unknown rhythm. Once they arrive at Seoul later, for sure the traffic would be heavy by then.

How would he be able to reach the restaurant, which is located at the heart of the city, on time..?

Would he be able to make it in time..?

 

 

 

 

 

"Seungri..? What nonsense are you--"

 

Seungri decided not to wait for Jiyong. Yes, he truly needed the fluffy gumball for support. It'd feel a tad better with his boyfriend's presence beside him as he attack his father with facts and histories.

But.. he couldn't stay quiet and let his father talk down Seunghyun like that.

No. He couldn't.

He's no longer that kind of person.

 

It seems like even though Jiyong wasn't here, the spirit Jiyong had built in the Ice Prince stayed in his melted heart. That realisation almost made him smile, but then he managed to stop the stretching of his lips because he needed to be serious at the moment. It's time to know the truth.

 

"You're the one who's talking nonsense, father. Is it wrong to be in love..?" He directed his cold menacing eyes towards his father. The old man was rendered speechless for awhile because never would he have thought his son would defend his stepbrother whom he hated since little. Never would he have thought that his son who never care about anything going on around him would suddenly try and control the situation.

 

Seunghyun couldn't be anymore touched. He felt like hugging that younger stepbrother of his but of course he refrained himself from doing so because Seungri looked incredibly scary at the moment... Daesung on the other hand mentally smiled in all his proudness. Jiyong's presence in his bestfriend's life had truly succeeded in turning the Ice Prince into a better human..

 

"There's nothing right in what they're doing. You realise that, don't you..?" He tried putting some logics into his son's seemed-to-be-quite-unfunctional head, but what he received next drained all the blood off his face.

 

"Well.. News flash, father. Seunghyun's not the only one having a boyfriend." Despite the way Seungri was talking in a monotone, his words managed to cause the atmosphere to turn into a pin drop silence. His father's face paled to a degree where he looked as if he was met with a ghost or something.

 

"Seungri.. You..?" It was Haejin, finally founding her voice again because of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter