Taeyang's Turn to Leave

You and I

Previous Chapter:
“Annyeong!! Unni, I’m a really big fan of you.” Suzy gave In Na her eye smile and dimpled grin. “I just came to talk about IU and what we should do about her recent slump due to a certain boy.”

She then winked. “I think you know who I’m talking about.”

In Na’s smile faded, and sooner or later, she would find out the true meaning behind those very words that came out of Suzy’s mouth.

Chapter 8.2:
IU’s hand shook as she quickly dialed Tae’s number. She had just received a call from her friend, Ji Won, who was a receptionist at the building where In Na worked. Ji Won had told her that Suzy had barged in looking for In Na and looked plain furious.

IU was scared.

What if Suzy really did confront her?

But then again, those photos that In Na sent her. She shouldn’t be looking for Taeyang for condolences. Why should she when he already has another woman?

Wait, what am I talking about? I..I can’t be jealous. I can’t be. I’m just calling Taeyang up because this is his problem, not mine. Nothing else. Lee Ji Eun, don't expect anything else except being acquaintances with Taeyang. Forget about your time with him in Cafe Mocha. It was only a one time thing, and he pretended I was his girlfriend just to shoo the waitress away. That meant nothing. Forget about it.

She sighed, conflicted with her emotions. She paced back and forth, trying to make a decision on whether or not she should contact Taeyang oppa, her phone still in hand with the undialed number still waiting on the screen.

Whatever, IU. Just call him. It’s not like you’re calling him to talk about his girlfriend, who happens to be your worse enemy. You’re just calling him because you got photos from his girlfriend that have nothing to do with you. That’s right.

She moved her thumb, hovering over the call button. Right when she decided she had enough courage to click it, a call came in.

“Aish, why now of all times?!?!” IU muttered, extremely frustrated. She looked at the caller ID.

“Tae<3”, it read. IU gasped instinctively, appalled by the name she set Taeyang as in her contacts.

Oh my god, I forgot to change his contact name!! Why is there a heart there?! Oh my gosh, Lee Ji Eun, what are you thinking? You’re not even his girlfriend and you’re not related to him in any way!

IU panicked, staring at the Caller ID. She finally woke up from her own imagination as the phone stopped buzzing.

“And now I miss his call. Great.” IU pouted at her phone before harshly shoving it into her pocket.

I don’t think I should call him back. It would just be weird to tell him that I was about to call him to talk about something regarding In Na...I guess I’ll just deal with this myself...

IU trudged off from the spot she was standing in in the hallway to her practice room down the corner.

Standing in front of the door marked “Practice Room 3: IU”, she forced a smile and swung the door open. She met with a face popping out inches away from hers.

“OMO MYOWA?! What the hell are you doing!?!” She shouted, nearly falling back.

Oh crap. Bad balance. Oh no. Not again...

She grimaced, shutting her eyes tight, trying to embrace herself for the cold hard floor, feeling that she would become one with the ground any second. She was used to this, knowing herself that she was extremely unbalanced.

All of a sudden, all motion stopped and it seemed like she was in mid air.

Eh? Why doesn’t it...hurt? Wasn’t I falling?

She slowly opened her eyes.

Her eyes widened in shock as she saw who her savior was. Right when she was about to say something to him, they both heard the sound of cameras clicking by the door.

“What cuties.” GD commented, smirking as he finished editing the picture he took of the couple and posted it onto Instagram. “Aigooooo, look at Taetae magically turn into Prince Charming. Oh, how kids grow up so fast.”

He sniffled, pretending to shed a tear, yet he was still taking pictures of the embarrassed couple, walking a 360 just to take back angles of the couple as well. Taeyang would thank him one day for the gorgeous pictures.

IU stared at “Taetae”, a blank expression pasted on her face as she finally processed what had just happened to her in the past 5 minutes.

“I agree. Just look at him still holding her like that.” Daesung continued GD’s act (Or maybe he really meant what he said..). He gazed upon them dreamily while absentmindedly pressing the picture button on his iPhone over and over again, taking pictures upon pictures upon pictures.

Right after Daesung finished speaking, a flash blinded everyone's eyes causing them to grumble in annoyance, turning to the source of the person who made them see blue dots in the air every time they blinked.

“Scandalous, hyung, scandalous! I didn’t know you had this in you. This is totally worth the headlines!” Seungri exclaimed somewhat happily, holding his expensive Canon camera. Seungri looked like he just won the lottery, and frankly, if someone had seen him holding a piece of paper, they might’ve really thought he had became a billionaire.

Seungri had brought his precious baby camera with him that morning as he went out to a photoshoot for a CF, and was glad to have brought it with him today. He was usually pretty unlucky with things like this but this time, he had his camera at the right moment. “Evil maknae” worthy, as Kyuhyun would say. He was ecstatic. After all, it was his hobby to take embarrassing pictures of others and blackmail them later when he needed it.

Now, with these beautiful gorgeous photos in hand, he could tease his hyung all he wanted when they got back to the dorm. For gods sake, he could even blackmail him for his hyung’s hat that he had his eye on for quite a while. Seungri sweetly stared at his camera.

Oh, how it was love at first sight.

TOP stood behind the crowd of Big Bang members taking photos, watching as the two being bombarded by flashes and clicks had everlasting blushes on their faces, getting redder and redder by the second. It was funny, though. Taeyang never released IU’s waist and as IU got up from her falling stance, Taeyang was still holding onto her for dear life.

What puppy love we have here... TOP smirked to himself.

If only Taeyang would take initiative and make her fall for him faster instead of staring at old pictures of himself and her every night with a forlorn expression.

He sighed, shaking his head at the rest of the members who had already forgotten the real reason they were here. He felt more ashamed of GD. What kind of leader was he to take pictures and make fun of his own dongsaeng?

Oh, how I love to mess with my hyungs and dongsaengs every single day.

There was never this much commotion in TOP’s life until he became a trainee and met these boys.

“Daesungieee~~~” IU whined, not noticing Taeyang’s obvious still-remaining grip on her waist even after she regained balance. “Tell them to stop taking pictures~!”

Daesung, because he was Daesung, completely failed to repent against IU’s aegyo, and  immediately ran in front of everyone’s cameras to block the lenses’ vision.

“You took enough pictures already; Stopppp!” He exclaimed, stopping as he just ran past Seungri’s camera. “Seriously, what idiots you guys are. IU-ssi told you to stop!!”

“YAH, you shouldn’t be the one calling us idiots! Remember that time when--” GD was interrupted by Seungri’s random burst of laughter.

GD made a face, reminiscing how many times this has happened to him: About to talk, and yet, getting the spotlight stolen because of maknae, Seungri.

What a painful life I lead...GD thought to himself.

Everyone looked at him expectantly as if they’ve seen this every day, and GD shot him a pissed off “You shouldn’t be interrupting your leader while he’s yelling at Daesung’ look. Seungri grinned.

“Oh, that laugh was nothing. Nothing at all. You can continue talking amongst yourselves.” He waved his hand away at them as if to emphasize the point.

His hyungs knew, however, that this was how Seungri usually perked up other peoples’ curiosities, and sure enough, it damn worked.

“Oh, please. Hand it over. What is it?” GD asked, annoyed. His eyes sent a deathly glare at the maknae yet again. However, Seungri had gotten so used to that glare, he wasn’t the least affected by the killing aura the leader was emitting.

Such good material I got today..Seungri complimented himself in his head.

He gave everyone his mischief smile. TOP rolled his eyes, sensing trouble, and grabbed the camera out of Seungri’s hands in an effort to wipe the smile off of Seungri’s face. Sure enough, Seungri’s smile turned into a depressed pout. TOP took a look at the camera screen in the process and immediately doubled over in laughter.

“Guys, c-come over here!” He managed to say, gathering the rest of the Big Bang members over.

They all gathered around TOP, shoving each other to take a peek at the camera screen and soon enough, all of them were shedding tears in fits of laughter, leaving Taeyang and IU standing awkwardly on the side, doing what supposedly seemed like hugging.

“D-Daesung!! HAHAHAHAHAHA HIS FACE!!!” TOP exclaimed between his own gulps of laughter.

GD held his stomach, gasping. “My stomach hu-hurts from too much laughter PUAHAHAHAHA!”

He burst out in another hysteric fit of laughter as he saw the picture again.

Having completely forgotten about the awkward couple, the Big Bang members walked out of the practice room gossiping about other pictures they’ve seen and browsing through Seungri’s collection of selcas in his camera.

A silence filled the room as the door quietly clicked close.

IU turned her head to face Taeyang, and noticed that he was still holding her at a very close proximity. IU seemed to have noticed as well, and her cheeks turned a deep pink. She looked away.

“You can let go of me now.” She said, trying to sound normal.

She was flustered, but there was no way she was going to show Taeyang that.  She had enough of her feelings messed up because of him and there was no need for him to reinforce the fact that he was just kind and that he didn’t actually have any true feelings for her.

“I...Can’t we just stay like this for a little?” He asked her, looking into her eyes with a pleading look.

What kind of request was that? IU scoffed in her mind.

She was about to object, but he cut her off, not giving her time to say anything.

“I swear, just a minute. I won’t do anything. Seriously.”

Why is he acting like this? He has no feelings for me, so why would h-he do such a thing? IU thought, visibly distracted as he leaned in and hugged her.

I....I can’t waver. Lee Ji Eun, he’s in love with another woman. He’ll never be in love with you, let alone give you a chance. He left you once, and he can do it again. I have those pictures as proof. I know that the pictures have nothing to do with me...but I can’t forgive him. I just can’t. It’s not his fault that I can’t forgive him. It’s my fault that I have such a weak and stubborn heart.

Why does liking someone have to be so complicated..? IU said silently, staring at the wall as Taeyang fully embraced her. Why can’t you just fall in love with me and return my feelings without all of this pain? ...I keep on feeling my heart clenching every time that woman’s name is mentioned, and it hurts even more to see you with her. Why....just WHY did you leave me back then and come back now to torment me?!?

IU wanted to ask Taeyang all of these questions. She wanted to let him know so badly about how frustrated she was with herself for not being enough to be qualified to love Taeyang. She wanted to let him know how much she was hurting inside and just how much pain he has caused her.

She couldn’t help but admit that she still disliked him. And she still felt jealous. But, she couldn’t stop herself from liking him. She couldn’t change it. No matter how hard she tried to stop liking him and tried to take interest in other guys, she couldn’t get herself to wake up from her fantasy that she would wake up one day and have Taeyang lying down next to her, giving her a light peck on the lips as a wake up call.

The whole situation between the pictures, In Na, Taeyang, and Suzy were giving her a headache, and she didn’t want to deal with it at all. Every time someone brought up something that had to do with the problem, her heart would ache a little and her eyes would get moist without her permission.

I swear it’s not because I want to cry. It’s just the way my body acts. Stop it, Lee Ji Eun. Don’t be weak. Seriously, I hate myself. Why do I have such weaknesses?!

She always thought like that every time the same thing happened, and every time it did, she just excused herself from everyone, knowing soon enough that the tears would get a bit too out of hand.

“Ah, mian.” Taeyang apologized, removing his hands from her waist somewhat reluctantly. His face automatically brightened, his tone uplifted as he tried to fix the somewhat uncomfortable aura surrounding them.

“Uhm..Were you surprised?” He gave his eyesmile. “Hehe, it looked like you w--”

“Oppa, let’s just talk about what we need to.” IU cut him off coldly and pulled out her phone, pressing her screen multiple times as if she was looking for something. “Did you hear about Suzy unni?”

“..E-eh? What about her?” Taeyang asked, giving her a puzzled look.

IU looked up from her phone. “Suzy unni marched up to the YG building not too long ago in a tantrum. She was mad at In Na.”

IU cast a long glance at Taeyang’s face, secretly admiring it while also observing his reaction.

Taeyang laughed. “What does that have to do with me? Ji Eun-ah, I swear you’re so strange sometimes. You don’t like In Na-ssi. That means I don’t like In Na-ssi. Did I really have to say that out loud? It’s embarrassing.”

Taeyang winked at her teasingly. IU’s cheeks flushed an instant red for the second time within the past 30 minutes.

“B-b-but...O-oppa, the..the..the PICTURES!”

She shoved her Galaxy Note in his face, the 10 pictures attached to the text message displayed on the screen.

“W-what about these?! You! You two! These pictures are p-proof, aren’t they?! Proof that you guys are dating?!” IU took this chance to throw out the assumptions and questions that were all bottled up inside her in a jumble, too confused and flabbergasted to accept what Taeyang was saying.

Upon hearing the last question IU asked, Taeyang nearly dropped the phone, catching it just in time before it landed on the ground. He retrieved it safely, before scrolling through the message. He finally reached the 10 pictures attached and his jaw dropped open.

I thought these pictures were confidential and unreleased? How did In Na get them? And why the hell did she send it to IU?! Taeyang thought fiercely.

“So you really must be dating In Na-ssi, seeing that you’re not answering my question..” IU said quietly, looking off to the side.

“MWOH?!?! Did you just say...I was dating In Na??” Taeyang looked at her speechlessly.

“See, you even said her name informally!” IU blurted out without thought. “You like her, don’t you! You sent those pictures on purpose?!”

“Yah! Wait a seco--” Taeyang was cut off yet again as IU blurted out another nonsensical argument accusing Taeyang of everything possible.

“I can’t believe you like her, and yet you tell me that you have no interest in what Suzy is going to do with her. Why would you lie to me?” IU started raising her voice louder and louder as she spoke, not understanding herself why she was acting like this and what words were coming out of .

“Why don’t you just go find your chagiya [dear], In Na, and console her and protect her from Suzy? Just leave! Because I won’t force you to stay here. I don’t have the right to, since you were the one who ended it with me and I should’ve let go of you a long time ago. So, LEAVE! Did you hear me?” IU said, blinking her tears away as she stared at a spot on the ground behind Taeyang.

She regretted yelling those words to Taeyang instantly, and had no idea why they came out of her even though she tried to shut herself up.
“I..Taeyang..I..” IU stuttered, trying to apologize for her blunt and harsh words.

Taeyang stared at IU, a hurt expression plastered on his face.

“Fine. I’ll leave. If that’s what you really want me to do, I’ll do it. If you really think that she’s my chagiya, then so be it. Think whatever you want. I’ll go find her right now and stop Suzy from hurting her. I’ll leave right NOW. Is that enough?!” Taeyang said quietly but with much force, his teeth gritted as he was offended by her words and insults.

He hurried to the door and swung it open, storming out. He slammed the door behind him.

Oh my god, Lee Ji Eun. What did you just do? She thought to herself as she watched Taeyang’s silhouette rush down the hallway through the door window.

Tears finally threatened to fall, drop by drop, as she slowly crouched to the ground. She buried her head into her arms and quietly wept, soaking her jeans with salty tears.

What am I going to do now?

 

 

~*~

A/N:

 

Hello! This is Kpopchicken back with Chapter 8 Part 2 of You and I! Thanks for stopping by to read this new update, and I hope you continue to subscribe, rate, comment, and upvote my stories! Did you guys enjoy the chapter? It’s around midnight already and I’m also typing up my English H essay, so if anything doesn’t make sense or sounds off, I apologize in advance T-T

 

With <3,

Authors

P.S. Tune into my AFF chatango room to be notified when new chapters are in progress or when new stories have been updated. If you guys have any ideas or suggestions, just post it there and I'll check your chats personally as soon as possible! ;D I'm always welcome to new suggestions to broaden my imagination, haha~