Trapped

You and I

Previous Chapter:

“I’ll give you the details later. Be by your phone at all times.”

 

In Na hung up on him and put her phone down. She smirked, taking a pen out of the pencil holder on her desk. She played with it as she leaned back in her office chair, satisfied.

 

“Everything is going as planned..Lee Ji Eun, you are finally going to get payback for embarrassing me and disrupting my relationship with Taeyang.”

 

Luckily, In Na didn’t catch the footsteps by her door that backed off and scurried down the hallway.

 

Chapter 13:

“I...I can’t...breathe...” IU hyperventilated, a hand on the wall to hold herself up.

 

“You okay?” Taeyang panted, leaning against the wall.

 

A few drops of sweat ran down the side of his forehead but he didn’t seem that affected by the run.

 

“Do you...think....I...look...okay?” IU said in between breaths.

 

The reporters both inside and outside the YG building had made quite a chase to get an interview from the two, and Taeyang and IU being the ones chased after, made a run for it as soon as they saw the reporters. It was only after 10 minutes of running away that Taeyang and IU finally got into the employees section of the building safely.

 

“Wherever the hell the security guards went today, I’m filing a complaint.” Taeyang said after regaining his breath.

 

IU managed to chuckle at the comment despite her lack of breath and started coughing. Taeyang patted her on the back.

 

“You shouldn’t have laughed at that, Ji Eun-ah,” Taeyang frowned. “Now you’re choking on yourself!”

 

“A-and whose fault is that?” IU wheezed out before coughing again. "You might be a dancer in good shape, but you know I don't do dances like you that often."

 

“Hehe, sorry.” Taeyang sheepishly grinned.

 

IU took in a deep breath as she recovered, standing up without support.

 

“I don't even know why I offered to walk you to work.” IU said, frowning.

 

 

"You were worried I would be bombarded with reporters, remember?" Taeyang grinned.

 

"And since when did you drop the formalities on my name?" She shot back.

 

 

Taeyang suddenly realized what he had done, but shrugged it off.

 

“Aren’t we friends?” He gave her a puppy eye look.

 

IU stared at Taeyang for a minute. With that, she turned around and started walking away.

 

“Whatever.” She mumbled.

 

Taeyang heard it though, as he watched her walk away. He fistpumped the air, silently celebrating, before jogging to catch up to her.

 

~*~

 

As the two arrived in front of Big Bang’s practice room, IU winced. GD and TOP’s “High” was booming from the speakers and IU could feel the vibrations coming from the room. Suddenly, the practice room door opened and Daesung popped his head outside. His face was as bright as the sun and he grinned. IU, surprised, let out a gasp and stumbled back a few steps, but Taeyang showed no surprise and greeted him with a simple “Yo, you gotta stop scaring people like that.”

 

“Hyung, they’re here!!!” Daesung shouted to the members inside.

 

IU stared at Taeyang and Daesung, fascinated that they didn’t even care about how loud the music was.

 

I wonder how long it took for Taeyang to get used to Daesung’s bright face popping out of nowhere...

 

“Daesung-ah, tell them to come in!” A voice presumably belonging the leader, called from inside.

 

“Both of them?” Daesung asked innocently.

 

They both heard GD heave a sigh, followed by Seungri’s “Did he really have to ask that?”.

 

“Yes. Both of them.”

 

Daesung nodded, and held the door open. “Come in!”

 

Taeyang rolled his eyes at his hyung’s childish behavior and strolled inside. He turned to face IU only to see her still standing outside.

 

“Hurry up and come in!” Taeyang said, gesturing for her to follow. “It’d be better if you just listened to our hyung.”

 

Taeyang winked before walking to the corner of the room where the speakers were located. He turned the volume down. TOP frowned.

 

“You can’t always listen to your songs only, you know.” Taeyang commented, knowing TOP was making a face behind his back.

 

He grabbed the iPod off of the speaker dock and switched the song. When he connected the iPod again, the familiar chords of his song, “Wedding Dress”, began to play. Taeyang turned up the speakers again, and everyone rolled their eyes.

 

“This song again..” Daesung muttered, plopping down onto the couch and hugging a pillow.

 

“I still think our song is better.” GD commented, nudging TOP.

 

TOP nodded in agreement.

 

“I think it’s about time we all listen to MY single, ‘Gotta Talk To You’.” Seungri said with a straight face as he took another selca of himself and posted it on Instagram. "The MV just came out today!" (AN: it really did, lol.)

 

This time, everyone including Taeyang ignored the comment with a groan. IU laughed.

 

“Are you guys always like this?” She said, an angelic smile on her face.

 

The members of Big Bang all turned to stare at her.

 

“Yah!” Taeyang shouted, throwing pillows from the couch towards the members. “Stop staring at her and close your mouths, will you?”

 

TOP sighed. “Stop ruining the fun. Besides, it’s not like you guys are girlfriend and boyfriend anyway... yet.”

 

Taeyang was about to throw in another bitter remark before he fully processed TOP’s comment. HIs face went beet red. Seungri secretly pulled out his phone and snapped a shot.

 

“Hyung’s beet red face when TOP hyung mentioned IU-ssi.” Seungri tweeted, attaching the picture along with it.

 

Taeyang made a miserable face and sat down on the couch, ignoring the fact that he was sitting on Daesung’s legs.

 

“My life .”

 

IU let out another laugh as she marveled the friendship between the members of Big Bang.

 

“You know, I sometimes wonder how fun it would be to be part of a group as a singer. You guys seem to have fun all the time.” IU commented, taking a seat on the floor near GD.

 

GD smiled. “You can be a part of our group too, if you want.”

 

IU blinked. “E-eh?”

 

TOP snorted. “His ways of talking are so cheesy. In other words, he means ‘You’re welcome to come here anytime and hang out with us again.’ Hope that helped.”

 

IU smiled. “Thanks.”

 

“Any day~!” GD grinned as he lied down on the floor and flipped through a magazine.

 

IU’s eyes scanned the cover of the magazine and deadpanned. The front of the magazine featured a photoshoot of GD and Taeyang, along with the captions, “Happy birthday, G-Dragon!”. Her eyes flickered towards the other members who were nonchalantly slumped around the room. She stared at GD again.

 

“What?” GD said, peeking over at her as he caught her eye.

 

IU cleared .

 

“Uhm.” She started.

 

Everyone got up and stared.

 

“Happy birthday.”

 

GD gave her an angelic smile. “Thanks. For being the only one who remembered.”

 

He turned and glared at everyone else and they all immediately shriveled up.

 

“S-sorry, hyung!!” Daesung exclaimed, hiding behind the couch.

 

GD got up.

 

“Oh crap, we’re screwed.” Taeyang said with a straight face.

 

“On a count of three, run for it.” Seungri muttered.

 

“1...”

 

GD took a few steps forward.

 

“2...”

 

GD made a move.

 

“Screw the 3, JUST RUN!!!”

 

They all ran out the door, leaving TOP and IU behind. IU looked at TOP curiously.

 

TOP shrugged.

 

“I said happy birthday this morning.”

 

IU chuckled.

 

~*~

 


“Aw, you really have to go?” Daesung said, pouting.

 

“Y-yeah..” IU said, trying to avoid looking at Daesung’s begging expression. “I have a filming for ‘Happy Together’ at the KBS building in an hour so I gotta be there ASAP.”

 

“Ah, you better get going then.” GD said, opening the door for IU. “You don’t want to be late for the filming.”

 

IU nodded. “Thanks for the good time!”

 

“No problem.” Seungri said, giving her a small wave.

 

“You better visit us soon!” TOP said almost pleadingly. He signalled at Daesung who was sulking in a corner. “He’ll give us a really hard time if you don’t.”

 

IU giggled. “Araso, araso. I’ll visit you guys when I have time.”

 

Her eyes lingered on Taeyang who hadn’t said anything. Taeyang met her eyes. “I’ll get in touch with you soon so make sure you check your phone, okay?”

 


 

IU smiled. She really did have a good time with the Big Bang oppas and she couldn’t deny it. As she walked down the hallway, she reminisced the moments she spent with Big Bang. It had been so long since she had such good friends to talk to and she felt all too happy for words. Immersed in her own thinking, she herself didn’t realize how far she had walked.

 

“Ah, aish, jinja!” She cursed. “I forgot to make a right turn and instead, I kept on walking!”

 

She turned around to see that she was walking in a deserted hallway full of office rooms that looked the same. All of the office rooms were vacant and the lights were turned off. No one was there.

 

“I am so stupid sometimes.” She said to herself. She glanced around. “I should probably find my way out of here.”

 

As she turned around, her cell phone let out a ring.

 

“A new text message has arrived, a new text message has arrived!” Her phone said.

 

The ringtone echoed down the hallway. She stopped in her tracks to pull out her phone.

 

“I wonder who it is..” She said as she unlocked the screen.

 

It was from an unknown number.

 

 


From: 001-XXX-XXXX

 

Sorry.

 


 

As she pondered over the text, a man quietly stepped out of the room located a few feet from where she was standing. He had been following her and considered it his luck that she had lost her way by herself.

 

“What is this supposed to mean?” IU murmured, rereading the text on her phone. “Wrong numb_”

 

The man quickly dashed towards IU, putting one hand over and the other around her waist. He shoved her into the closest office room and being that it was dark, he easily slipped out of the room and clicked the doorknob. He let out a shaky breath when it was done. IU bit her lip, finally understanding what situation she was in.

 

With a schedule to attend to in 50 minutes and no one nearby, she was really in for it.

 

“Where’s my phone?” IU muttered, feeling the floor with her hands desperately.

 

Her last hope was drained out of her as she heard the sound of her phone turning off outside.

 

He has it...

 

She gave up touching objects in the office room, and sat down on the cold wooden floor.

 

She was officially locked inside.

 

~*~

A/N:

New chapter here~! Hehe, thank you for keeping up with this fanfic despite the late updates, and welcome to all the new subbies! ^-^ Omg, idk if anyone else thought of this but I thought of SUJU-M's Henry when I titled this chapter, "Trapped". I must be too obsessed with his song, "Trap", lately. XD Oh, and the picture for this chapter is Hyunwoo and IU caught together! *gasp* In real life... ;) Anyway, anticipate what happens next to IU! I hope someone saves her... >->

 

P.S. Happy birthday, GD!! <3