The Man

You and I

Previous chapter:
The man quickly dashed towards IU, putting one hand over and the other around her waist. He shoved her into the closest office room and being that it was dark, he easily slipped out of the room and clicked the doorknob. He let out a shaky breath when it was done. IU bit her lip, finally understanding what situation she was in.

 

With a schedule to attend to in 50 minutes and no one nearby, she was really in for it.

 

“Where’s my phone?” IU muttered, feeling the floor with her hands desperately.

 

Her last hope was drained out of her as she heard the sound of her phone turning off outside.

 

He has it...

 

She gave up touching objects in the office room, and sat down on the cold wooden floor.

 

She was officially locked inside.

 

Chapter 14:

IU knocked the doors of the locked room for the tenth time. It had been 30 minutes since she had been locked in and the guy hadn’t attempted to make a move even once. He hasn’t spoken a word, but he was still standing outside the door, for sure.

 

“Chogiyo...” IU said again, calling out to the man standing in front of the door.

 

She had heard him breathing a sigh and also had heard him try to reach someone by phone. He had cursed a few times, though almost inaudible to IU’s ears. The voice was oddly familiar, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. Who was it?

 

IU decided to stay quiet and wait for the guy to do something. She leaned back onto the door and sighed. It wasn’t till another 15 minutes later that a cellphone started to ring. It startled both IU and the man and they both jumped. IU couldn’t help but smile as she felt him do the same thing. At least it meant he wasn’t a bad person. He was probably just like her, and judging by the fact that he didn’t leave her alone kept her hopeful that this guy at least had a conscience. She heard him accept the incoming call.

 

“Y-yoboseyo?” He spoke, answering the call.

 

A voice came through the other line, quiet but loud enough for IU to hear if she tried hard enough.

 

“Good work, Hyunwoo-ah. I heard IU’s manager is freaking out right now. I got a call from one of my friends at her company.” The female said.

 

She laughed.

 

“Can I let her go now?” The man, now confirmed as Hyunwoo, said firmly.

 

The woman stopped laughing.

 

“Of course not! Keep her locked in there. She has to learn her place.” The woman said harshly. “Taeyang will be having a shoot tonight so I’m taking the chance to meet him there. He won’t be able to save IU any time soon.”

 

IU sighed as she heard the nagging of an insanely familiar tone whom she finally recognized to belong to none other than In Na. She heard Hyunwoo hesitate before replying. He hung up almost abruptly and sighed as if he really did not want to follow In Na’s words.

 

"Hyunwoo-ssi, why are you doing this...?" IU suddenly asked aloud.

 

She felt Hyunwoo's presence on the other side of the door, leaning against the wall. There was a silence after her question and she bit her lip.

 

"Hy_"

 

"I didn't want to do this either," She heard Hyunwoo say quietly.

 

She continued to listen.

 

"I...I like In Na." He spoke truthfully.

 

"I can't seem to control my feelings either," Hyunwoo let out a sigh. "And I'm angry at myself for that."

 

 

 

IU was frozen in place as she felt and heard the sincere feelings in his voice.

 

Hyunwoo let out an empty chuckle. "It's funny what love makes you do, huh?"

 

Not wanting Hyunwoo to talk all by himself, IU gathered the courage to speak up.

 

"W-what..do you like about In Na?"

 

There was another silence.

 

"I...I don't know." Hyunwoo finally said. "I just like her."

 

A vision of Taeyang suddenly flickered across IU's mind. IU bit her lip at the revelation and ruffled her hair in confusion to get the image out of her mind. Just why in the world would a vision of him appear at the most crucial moments?

 

"Sorry, IU-ssi, but I have to go now." Hyunwoo said abruptly, getting up from the door.

 

She heard shuffling from the other side of the wall and then hurried footsteps carried down the hallway, until it was faint and in the end, incomprehensible.

 

"Wait, Hyunwoo-ssi," She called out as he left. "Hyunwoo-ssi!"

 

The door at the end of the hallway opened and slammed close.

 

IU sighed, sliding back down onto the floor. Now I might just be stuck in here forever...

 

Consumed in her thoughts, she ran through all of the events that had taken place since this morning. Starting the day by hanging out with all of the members of Big Bang was probably already too good to be true. To top that off, GD even invited her to be a part of their group. IU herself knew that she didn’t have that much good luck in hand. Whatever good came, bad also tagged along.

 

Getting locked in here was probably the price I had to pay for getting lucky this morning...

 

She glanced at her watch and pressed the ‘light’ button on the side. Her manager had told her not to wear such a sports watch out in public, but IU, a fan of the company, visited them and asked for a sponsorship herself. Right now, she was overly glad that she did so. Her watch illuminated the numbers “9:40am”. There were only 20 more minutes till her filming started, and she knew she would not be able to make it in time. IU slumped herself against the wall and let loose her tension. There was no point in panicking now, since the damage was already done.

 

If only there was a savior to get me out of here... IU thought as she stared at the conference wheelie chairs in front of her. It’s too dark to stay here for who knows how long...and manager oppa will be mad...

 

Suddenly, almost as if the gods were answering her call, someone swung the door at the end of the hallway open hard and it banged against the metal door stoppers. IU, startled by the noise, stood up immediately as she heard that person run down the hallway and start to fiddle with the doorknobs of every room in sight. She banged onto the doors of the conference room she was in.

 

“Help!! I’m here!!” She shouted, trying to get the person’s attention.

 

She wriggled the locked door knobs in a frenzy to signal her presence in the room. The person responded right away and rushed to her door.

 

“I’ll get you out of here, so give me a second.” A man’s voice said in a calming tone.

 

IU stopped struggling and raised her eyebrows in confusion.

 

This man definitely isn’t Taeyang...nor is he one of the Big Bang members...yet, why does his voice sound so strangely familiar?

 

IU stood silent as she heard the doorknob played and tampered with. Within seconds, the door swung open. IU squinted at the sudden light, surprised after getting adjusted to the dark environment in which she was locked in.  Who was it? A flood of light surrounded the silhouette of the person and IU caught on to his tall build and his hairstyle right away.

 

"Lee Ji Eun, kwenchana?" The guy said, rushing into the room and helping her up. "Yah, noh kwenchana?! You're not hurt anywhere?"

 

She blinked and blankly shook her head no. She heard the man sigh in relief.

 

"D-duguseyo?" She asked flustered.

 

Her eyes struggled to adjust to the light and she squinted to get a good look at his face. She heard the guy chuckle.

 

"You'll find out who I am soon," He said mischievously. "Anyway, the most important thing about me is that I managed to get you out on time. It's better to reach filming late than ditch it all the way, right?"

 

He patted IU gently in the head, laughing. "I’ll give you a hint. My drama just finished airing, and the main actress just got married to another actor in real life.”

 

IU’s eyelids fluttered several times again as IU tried to refocus her vision on the man. Before she could do so, he let go of her and walked out of the room. Staring at her from outside, he said one last thing.

 

“Hurry outside, Ji Eun-ah. Your manager is waiting for you, and trust me, I know how possessive your manager can get."

 

She saw him give her a wave before dashing down the hallway, not once turning back. Confused, she stumbled out of the room, giving her clothes a smooth pat and she blinked. Her vision was recovered already. What? She smacked herself on the head a couple of times, frustrated that it didn’t recover just a few moments before so she could see her quote on quote “savior”. She turned to glance down the hallway and caught a glimpse of a red and black checkered button down shirt slip through the cracks of the door.

 

“YAH!” She shouted. “Chogiyo! I need to know who you are in order to treat you to a meal next time, you know!”

 

IU sighed, fully accepting the fact that she was yelling at a door. It was useless chasing after him now. He was gone. Stretching her stiff arms out, she remembered the man tell her to quickly go  meet her manager.

 

How does he even know that my manager has quite a trait for possession anyway...?

 

She closed the door of the office room she was locked in and her eyes caught onto her Samsung Galaxy lying next to the door.

 

Hyunwoo didn’t take it with him?

 

She was surprised. But then again, she thought, he is a nice person, someone I would love to be friends with if he were willing to. She picked up her phone off the ground and dusted it off. Clicking the lock button, her phone beeped once and the screen flashed a new notification.

 

She slid the notification to the right and a text message immediately opened up on her phone. Who is this number?

 


 

To: Lee Ji Eun

From: 908-XXX-XXXX

 

Don’t tell In Na you’re out of that room or you’re screwed. - Secret...Admirer? Lol. Jk. But no, seriously. Don’t tell In Na.

 

Sent at 9:53AM. P.S. I don’t see you with your manager yet; don’t tell me you’re lost again?

 


 

Her eyes locked with the time the message was sent, and before she could react, she managed to roll her eyes at the postscript added at the end of the text. Whoever this was, he had a good sense of sarcasm.

 

“Gee, this guy. He’s kinda interesting.” She muttered to herself as she sprinted down the hallway. “But anyway, OH MY GOD I AM SO LATEEEEE!”

 

She swung the door open hard and ran to the lobby as fast as she could, as if she were risking her life. When she finally reached her manager’s car, she jumped in and the car zoomed off at the speed of light.

 

A man leaning on the receptionist counter went by unnoticed as IU sped past him. He chuckled.

 

“That girl never changes...” He said to himself. “I hope she remembers me when I finally reveal myself.”

 

Behind the counter, Ji Won, the receptionist, smiled. “Nevertheless, it’s a good thing you were able to get IU outta there quick.”

 

“It’s all thanks to you eavesdropping on In Na, Ji Won-ssi. Care for dinner after work?” He said playfully.

 

“In your dreams,” Ji Won laughed. “I got Won Bin on my back lately and I’m sure you don’t want to bear the cross.”

 

The man lifted up both of his hands in defeat. “Okay! Well, see you later then, noona!”

 

He walked off, waving his hand in the air. Ji Won grinned.

 

“Your drama’s really good by the way!” She shouted back.

 

The man lifted up a peace sign before striding out of the building.

 

~*~

A/N:

Hello, and hope you enjoyed the new chapter of You and I! Thanks for sticking with this fanfic for so long and welcome to all the new subbies! I wonder who that man who saved IU is....