The Snow

You and I

norang narangeun jogeum namatji

 

You and I, there's only a little bit left

 

myot nal myotsiljin moreugetjiman

I don't know when or what time

 

nega isseul mire-eso

But in the future, which is where you will be

 

hoksi nega hemendamyon

If by any chance,  I get lost and wander,

 

noreur-arabol su itge

to help me recognize you,

 

ne ireumeul bullojwo

Please call out my name

 

 
IU finished performing her last stage on her schedule for the day:“You and I” at M! Countdown. She smiled angelically and radiantly as she took one last look at the audience before walking backstage, to the sound of cheering from her fans. Her facial expression immediately changed once she got into her dressing room.. Once off the stage, she was an exhausted puppet being ordered to go perform and film everywhere. Plopping face down on the cushioned big round plushy couch, she heaved a big sigh in exhaustion. However, her smile from earlier still lingered on her lips as she heard the continuous cheers from her fans.
 
“IU!!!” Her manager shouted, walking into the room. “That was a good performance,” he complimented. “Now if we can keep that attitude up for the next filming we have...” He muttered silently.
 
“What?” IU sat back up from the couch to face her manager.
 
“We’re starting the next filming in 30 minutes so we have to hurry up and get outta here!!” Her manager said urgently.
 
IU trudged to the door, slapping her cheeks lightly to keep her awake.
 
“I didn’t know there was a filming today...I guess he received a call while I was on stage..” She thought to herself tiredly.
 
Her manager glanced back at her, worried.
 
“She’s actually following my instructions even though she’s performed 12 times today already..So diligent, but I hope she won't be overworked today..” he smiled, before starting to pack up the equipment.
 
“Are we leaving now or what?” IU asked cutely, yawning and lightly rubbing her eyes. She leaned on the door frame waiting for her manager, nicknamed the “Squirrel Manager”, to gather all of his stuff.
 
“Araso..” He said in response. “Wait for me outside, I’ll be right there.” He turned around and gave her a smile of reassurance, meaning that he’d be quick so she could catch some sleep on the way there.
 
IU stepped into the hallway, walking slowly as she stared at the ground. Her eyes were weary and she felt like she could collapse any moment if she didn’t sleep. She had been staying up almost every night before her comeback to prepare for her latest album, “The Last Fantasy”. The concept for the photo shoot was so different, that IU was told to practice posing in the training rooms every day to get used to it.
As soon as she reached the exit, she gently walked outside, her boots making footprints and crunching sounds on the soft white snow. She looked up at the sky, marveling at the snowflakes that were falling down. She took her hands out of her pockets, her palms facing up, so she could catch the snowflakes that were falling. They melted one by one on the palms of her hands. IU twirled around once in the snow, feeling snowflakes land on her cheeks. She had missed this feeling so much ever since 4 years ago when her mom had passed away from lung cancer.

Flashback:
“Omma!” IU shouted through the slight opening of the door.
 
She was on shift at their candy shop and was peeking through the door, to see what her mom was doing. Her mom was outside twirling around in the white snow, as small flurries drifted from the sky. IU laughed. Her mom looked like a child outside playing in the snow for the first time.
 
“Omma!!! Pali! Get back inside before it gets too cold!” IU scolded her mom.
 
Her mom laughed, and shouted, telling her to come outside as well. IU frowned in disapproval but listened to her anyway.
She shivered as she walked outside of the stoor, stepping into the snow. She had never liked snow...It was just too cold and lonely. She silently made her way through the soft piles of fluff to get to her mom. Her mom took her hand and twirled her around. IU quickly closed her eyes and squeezed her eyelids, not wanting to see the snowflakes.
 
“IU-ah..Open your eyes..” Her mom whispered gently.
 
IU pouted in dismay but slowly opened her eyes. She looked around. She was standing in the middle of an empty street, surrounded by snow. So much of it that you couldn’t see the sidewalks or the street anymore. She walked in a circle without even realizing it. It was beautiful. Her mom was behind her smiling. As IU took a bit longer to cherish the snowflakes falling, her mom suddenly felt dizzy. She tried walking back to the shop, but she instead collapsed into the snow in defeat. A tear slowly fell out of her eye as she lay there knowing it would be the end. She held onto her life until IU turned around to see her on the ground. Then, she whispered her last four words.
“I love you, IU-ah..”

Present:
IU quickly wiped the tears from her cheek with her sleeves as she heard her manager calling to her.

“IU!! Come on, let’s go. You can catch some sleep in the car.” He opened the door for her before going to the drivers seat.
 
She smiled and quickly climbed in. With one last glance at the snow landing gently on the ground, she closed the van door quietly.
 
“Oppa, what filming am I going to?” IU asked sleepily as soon as they got onto the highway.
 
“Remember that show you filmed last month?” He asked. IU nodded.
 
“You’re going to be filming the next episode of Heroes.” He glanced at the rearview mirror to look at IU.
 
“Oh...really? I guess that...will be......”
 
She mumbled the last few words, before silently drifting off to sleep.
 
Her manager chuckled when he saw IU drowse off.
 
"I've never seen someone drowse off mid-sentence.." He muttered to himself.
 
He slowly lowered the volume to the playing CD of IU's voice.
 
A/N:
I hope you guys liked this chapter! Please support this story and my other story which is still ongoing, She Will Be Famous.
Thanks! Comment and subscribe, Kpopchicken :D