The Young Version of Them

You and I

"Yah, wake up! We're here!" IU's manager shook IU awake from her deep sleep.

She felt so reenergized from the z's she caught in the car, she felt she could do anything at that moment. She slowly stepped out of the car, lightly rubbing her eyes to lessen the blurriness.

"Jja! Fighting. Time for the filming!" IU cheered herself on, before walking into the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taeyang almost jumped in the middle of his Big Bang music video filming as he felt the vibration of his phone in his pocket. Yep, that would have delayed the music video another 10 minutes...and the filming has already been going on for more than 6 hours. Nevertheless, he stopped filming to see who was calling.

 

"IU?" He stared at his phone weirdly.

He hasn't talked to her in about 4 years already; Why would she be calling now?

"Hello?" He answered the phone coolly, trying not to sound awkward.

"Uhm..." She hesitated. He could hear someone taking the phone away from her.

"Not another variety show again.." Taeyang muttered under his breath.

"Hi, Taeyang? This is the MC from Heroes and we were wondering if you had time to come over and perform for us!" the MC exclaimed on the other line.

Taeyang sighed, exhausted. Why did he always have to predict right every timeHe talked with the MC for a while, but never mentioned whether or not he would go to the filming site. After filming, he thought about it for a while.

“Taeyang, good job on today’s MV filming,” praised his manager, once Taeyang stepped off of all the filming equipment.

“Komawo...” He replied, tiredly.

 

They exited the building and got into the minivan.

 

“I can drive you home now, and you can rest for the remainder of the day,” his manager kindly offered.

 

“No, uhm, actually, I have another filming to go to,” Taeyang confessed. “Can you drive me there?”

 

His manager looked at him weirdly. Taeyang normally would skip the optional filmings, but this time he actually wanted to go? But his manager nodded, and set the GPS to the Heroes filming site. Taeyang then the radio, and IU’s voice blasted clearly on the stereo.

 

Hoksi nega hemendamyon (If by any chance,  I get lost and wander), noreur-arabol su itge (to help me recognize you), Ne ireumeul bullojwo”(Please call out my name)...”

 

“Isn’t this from IU’s newest album, The Last Fantasy? It’s a great album..Loen’s lucky they have IU..” His manager droned on, talking about IU's success.

But Taeyang wasn’t listening.

 

He had suddenly zoned out after hearing IU’s voice.

 

He remembered something that had happened 10 years ago.


Flashback:

The boy walked down the dirt path leading to his newly-found secret hiding place. He saw a girl sitting in front of the pond that he had claimed to be his.

**What’s this girl doing here...?** He thought, slightly irritated.

The girl was staring at the pond in front of her, her eyes showing that she felt lonely.
When the girl heard footsteps approaching, she immediately looked up.

“EHH?! ANNYEONG!!” She shouted.

The girl then grinned.

“I thought no one was here when I came..” She muttered to herself, obviously puzzled. She diverted her attention back to the boy.

“I’ve never seen you before! What’s your name? Where do you live? How old are you?”
She questioned the boy nonstop.

“I’m Taeyang. I’m fourteen this year. I got here yesterday from Seoul.” he quickly replied, staring at her weirdly.

“Heh, Taeyang, cool name!! I’m 10, my name is IU, and I lived here since I was born.”

“I never asked you what your name was, how old you were, and where you lived, IU.” He replied before starting to walk away.

“HEY WAIT!” She yelled, running after him.

**This girl is so annoying.**

“Lets be friends!” the girl blurted out immediately.

“I don’t want anything to do with you, let alone be your friend.” he replied bluntly.

“Why?? You’re 14, so you’re four years older than me. You can be my oppa!!”

“I don't want to”

“Why? Do you hate me?” she replied, tears quickly forming in her eyes.

**What?! This girl is really strange now. It’s kind of creeping me out.**

“Do you think its easy to have a friend? To be friends, two hearts have to understand each other.” he quickly said, trying to find an excuse.

“Understand each other? We have to understand each other to be friends? Well...then let’s learn to understand each other, Taeyang oppa!” She exclaimed, blinking the tears out of her eyes.

“You wish. That’d never happen.” He smirked.

**I TOLD HER NOT TO CALL ME TAEYANG OPPA!!! WHY DOES SHE WANT ME TO BE HER OPPA? JEEZ. KEEP YOUR COOL, TAEYANG. KEEP YOUR COOL.**

“And why are you calling me oppa?! I told you not to.” He added, calmly but with a hint of frustration.

“BECAUSE I WANT TO!” She laughed.

The boy sighed, before turning around and walking back home.

The next day:

“Hi!!” The girl exclaimed, standing in front of the gate to Taeyang’s house.

“What are you doing at my house? And how do you know where I live..?.” he asked cautiously.

“It’s because you said we had to understand each other. So I followed you home yesterday.” she giggled.

“I told you that we’d never understand each other. Go away.”

“I’ll follow you wherever you go; Just be my friend!” She insisted.

“Friend? I told you yesterday that I wouldn’t be your friend. Or your oppa. Keep dreaming.” He straightforwardly replied.

She sniffled at his harsh words.

“Besides, I got a gift for you too!!” She held out a bag for him to take.

Taeyang, out of curiosity, peeked into the bag.

**A HAIR CLIP?!?! What’s WRONG with this girl??**

“I thought I was going to make friends with a girl so I bought this first. But it suits you too, doesn’t it?” She asked cutely.

Taeyang stared at her.

**She looks like she’s on the verge of crying...I guess I’ll take this. But seriously; a HAIR CLIP?**

He sighed.

“SO you’ll accept it?!” She looked up at him hopefully.

“Uh..m..yeah, I guess?” He stuttered, staring at her.

“YAY, YOU’RE MY FRIEND NOW!!” She jumped up and down, and unconsciously hugged him.

Present:

“Taeyang, we’re here.” His manager said, lightly shaking Taeyang to get him to wake up.

Taeyang groggily opened his eyes, and stretched. He opened the car door, and got out into the sunlight.

“So..bright...” He winced, before putting on his sunglasses. His trademark, of course.

Him and his manager walked into the building, and Taeyang waited as his manager talked with the staff about Taeyang’s appearance.

“Don’t worry.” The staff all assured Taeyang’s worried manager. “He won’t be stepping in mud, or getting himself dirty, or ruining his image, or...” The staff kept on answering the manager’s questions.

The PD stood to the side, watching. “At least we won’t be exactly ruining his image...More like creating some headlines and news that will be discussed for a while after this episode airs.” The PD muttered quietly, to no one in particular.

He then smiled to himself, before motioning Taeyang to follow him to the filming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello! Thanks for reading, and please continue to support, comment, and subscribe to our fanfics! I hope you liked this chapter, and I promise to bring better chapters to all of you soon; It makes my day when I see new subscribers and comments. Thanks to you all! Love you guys <3

P.S. I got a new tumblr, if you guys wanted to follow me,.hahaha~ 1004myangel.tumblr.com  -Kpopchicken

Keep posted to Kpopchicken's chat room if you want to find out some ideas for the next chapters or what I'm working on and updating as of now! You guys can leave feedback, comments, and ideas as well, to the chatroom.

~Kpopchicken & Immortal611