She Wakes Up

You and I

Previous Chapter:
“Now to get my plan going...” She muttered, scrolling through the pictures, to put in one single picture message. “Hopefully, her phone is with her. She’s going to receive some punishment for kissing up to Taeyang when I was there at the Heroes filming. It’s going to come biting back at her,” In Na smirked, hitting the ‘send’ button right away.

Chapter 6:

Her eyes slowly fluttered open, distracted by the beeps echoing in the room. Sunlight streamed through the semi-curtained windows, casting a glow on the piano and other musical instruments that were stored inside.

“...Eh...” IU mumbled, too tired to even care.

She shifted her weight to adjust herself into a more comfortable position to sleep in. Doing so, she accidentally banged a minor chord on the piano with her elbow. She groaned as she got up, finally realizing the fact that she had fallen asleep on the piano keys the night before. A coat slid off of her shoulders as she got up, eventually landing on the floor. She tiredly bent down to pick it up.

“Who’s is this?” She wondered out loud, looking at the coat in her arms.

IU sighed, sitting back down on the piano bench. A few minutes later, she heard some shuffling by the door, and the door quietly swung open. A figure tiptoed inside.

“Ah! Suzy unnie!” IU ran up to her and bounced up and down, hugging the Miss A member.

“IU, you woke up?” Suzy received a shock from the girl who she thought was asleep, and hugged back after a delayed 5 seconds.

“Neh! What are you here for?” IU asked.

“Wooyoung called me. Said that you fell asleep by the piano and told me to check on you. You didn’t catch a cold last night, did you?” Suzy worded her sentence carefully, not mentioning once about Taeyang. She then pulled away to dust off IU’s crinkled shirt and comb her fingers through IU’s slightly messy hair.

“Aigoo, no I didn’t, umma.” IU emphasized sarcastically, releasing herself from Suzy’s care.

Suzy laughed.

“AH! Bata! My cellphone!” IU blurted out, suddenly looking everywhere for her cell phone. “It was beeping 5 minutes ago..”

After 35 minutes of searching, Suzy came across something.

“Geugeo ingayo? Is it this?” Suzy spoke, holding a cell phone in her hand. She slid open the unlock screen, and briefly glanced at the notifications.

“Eh?! You found it?!?! Where was it?” IU asked bewildered.

“It was under the grand piano lid where the wooden knobs and strings of the piano were..” Suzy replied as if suddenly realizing that IU’s phone had been placed in a really peculiar location.

She handed the phone off to IU, both of them taking a glance at the piano and then at her phone.

“Why would it be in there?” IU asked, eyeing Suzy.

Suzy shrugged, looking as confused as IU was. “Beats me.”



~*~


Wooyoung stopped in his tracks, looking back at the phone resting in IU’s grasp. He slowly walked back to IU, careful not to cause much ruckus or make any noise. He lightly grasped IU’s cellphone from her hands, looking around the room for a place to hide it.

“This is the only thing I have left that I can do for you, hyung.” Wooyoung thought as he carefully placed the mobile device under the grand piano cover. “Adding up IU’s sleeping time and the time it takes to find her phone, she should be staying in the music room for quite a while before leaving. If you can’t get here before that time ends, I’m not sure what to do...”

Wooyoung silently closed the grand piano lid before slinging his sports bag over his shoulder and exiting the music room. Stopping where the vending machines were yet again, he drooped his bag down onto a bench and took out his spare cell phone. Yes, he had a spare cell phone. Just a plain one. No smarts. He sighed as he dialed in a number and speakerphone.

“Yoboseyo?” A voice came out staticy from the device.

“Ah, Suzy-ah. Are you busy?”

“Ani, just waiting for my turn to film for the Touch music video. Wae?”

“Ah, can you please go to the YG music practice room after your filming and see if IU is okay? Please...She’s been waiting for Taeyang in there since last night.”

“BWOH?! Ah, ne. I’ll be there as soon as possible. Ah, I’ll hang up right now.”

“AH, WAIT ONE SEC! I hid her cell phone in the grand piano lid, so when she wakes up and tries looking for it, stall for at least 35 minutes to give Taeyang a chance, araso?” Wooyoung paused for a while to catch his breath and think about other things he had to tell Suzy. “Ah! And I...uh....inadvertently left my coat there...so could you please do me a favor and give it back to me? Keke, sorry about that. Did you catch everything?”

“Ne! It’s okay, oppa. I’ll be there as soon as possible, so don’t worry about dongsaeng. Annyeong!”



~*~


“Ah!" Suzy exclaimed suddenly. I forgot about his coat!

“What is it, unni?” IU asked, half occupied with unlocking her smartphone.

Suzy took quick glances around the room, locating the coat. It’s over there by the piano bench. As Suzy made her way to pick it up, IU turned around to see Suzy taking the coat.

“Do you have any idea whose it is?” IU nudged her shoulder in the direction of the coat as she stared at her smartphone. “I woke up and it was on my shoulders. Might as well have been the reason that I didn’t catch a cold last night.” IU made a ‘mehrong’ face at Suzy, who laughed.

So it was on her shoulders, huh? What happened to the story where you accidentally forgot your coat in the room? Aw, Wooyoung, you are such a nice older brother who doesn’t like people to know how kind-hearted you are...Suzy smirked to herself, taking ahold of the coat.

“I’ll walk around later and ask whose the coat is. Don’t worry about it.” Suzy turned around to look at IU, giving her a slight smile.

“Araso. Now come over here and open this message first. Theres 10 pictures attached and it’s from...In Na...and I’m not sure what it is..” IU handed the phone off to Suzy, who gladly accepted the phone right away. “Maybe it’s one of her selca fests? Believe me, if it is, you might as well dig my grave right here. I don’t want to see any of her aegyo and disgusting poses anymore.” IU made a pitiful face. “It’s scarred me for life.”

Nodding, Suzy double-tapped the screen to open up the message. IU anticipatedly looked over Suzy’s shoulder as Suzy opened up the first attachment. IU’s face fell almost immediately, yet tried her best to cover it up. Both Suzy and IU had acting skills and both weren’t as bad as each other expected. Suzy glanced at IU worriedly, but seeing she had no expression, figured that she should let IU deal with it alone. She gave IU back her smartphone and told her that she still had some of her MISS A MV filming to go through. Bidding her farewell, Suzy made it out of the room in a flurry.

“First things first...” Suzy muttered to herself. “In Na and I have to talk.”

With that last statement, she sped-walked to her car, opening the door and jumping in. She threw Wooyoung’s coat in the back and quickly told her manager to drive.



~*~


The 10th picture was already opened, but IU had already stopped looking at the pictures on her phone and was staring into space. Before, she was leaning on a wall, but she had slid down, and ended up sitting on the floor, her knees standing up. She was trembling, and she didn’t know why.

“I...don’t like him...” She mumbled quietly. “I...don’t hate him either...Nor do I want to hurt him in any way...And we’re nothing but friends...So why...does my...heart hurt?” She asked herself in nothing but a whisper.

“Aigoo. Lee Ji Eun. If another tear falls out of your eye, you won’t be able to forgive yourself.” She told herself firmly. She then struggled to get up, using the wall as support. Looking down at her smartphone, she quickly swiped the pictures off the screen, and deleted the message. She didn’t even bother reading what In Na wrote. She figured it was probably something useless and provoking; Basically a mere waste of time.

As she slipped her smartphone into her back jean pocket, she hastily made it to the door, not bothering to compose her thoughts, feelings, or current appearance. As she stepped out into the hall, she turned left where the exit to the YG building was, trying her best to avoid having to greet her sunbaes. Surprisingly, she still looked completely presentable despite her weak emotions. No matter how she looked, she was always Korea’s younger sister after all.

“Ah, IU-ssi?” A male voice asked.

IU looked up, startled.

“AH! Ah-uh-uhm...Uh...” IU was still a little speechless, and even more so when she bumped into him.

“Aigoo, did I shock you? Mianhe! Don't feel uncomfortable around me. We're close, remember?” The male laughed.

“Ne, sajangnim!” IU saluted, giving her sweet smile to Yang Goon, CEO of YG Entertainment.

“So what brings you here today?” YG asked more comfortably to IU.

“Eh...I wanted to visit Big Bang but it turns out they got a commercial filming in Japan!” IU pouted exasperatedly, puffing air out of her cheeks.

“That Seungri....He’s full of mystery and trouble. Well, I guess scouting for a Japan CF isn’t quite a bad thing either.” YG commented.

“Haha, he’s a nice guy though. Although not to mention the time whe--” IU stopped speaking for a second, and her eyes suddenly averted towards the left. Her eyes then widened as she saw a panting exhausted sweating about-to-collapse male figure ran down the hallway with his airport fashioned clothing and backpack.

YG turned to look at what IU was so wide-eyed about, but smiled as he welcomed Taeyang in.

“Wah, Taeyang. You came early. Where are the others?” YG asked, unfazed by Taeyang's current situation.

“They--Japan--film--CF--I--GD--early--came--find--h-her...” Taeyang spoke in broken words, in the end, gesturing towards the wide-eyed girl next to YG.

YG turned towards IU and back at Taeyang before smiling. It seemed that he was used to Taeyang's foreign language.

“EH. I didn’t know the rumors were real. You guys are close? I heard you guys were on the verge of dating.” YG grinned, a mischievous glint showing in his eyes. “Good luck, Tae! Gotta go for a meeting now about the YG Concert Tour. Have fun together.” He tapped the front of his watch a couple of times to indicate the time, before looking at both and leaving. Taeyang and IU managed to give a quick bow before YG turned and sped off to the conference room.

IU then turned towards Taeyang. He expected a sweet greeting from her, but instead, received a glare. She pushed him to the side and made way for her to continue walking down the hallway, towards the exit.

“Ah! Chogi, IU! IU-ssi!” Taeyang shouted, finally realizing what was going on.

Huh. So now you address me formally? IU thought, trying her best to deny her own feelings at the moment by thinking negatively.

“Wai--Wait a second! Give me time to explain!” Taeyang shouted again, but louder.

IU still didn’t turn around, and instead started running. She couldn’t take it anymore. Taeyang was someone who IU cared about with her life, and IU knew she just couldn’t stand to ignore him at the moment. She had no choice but to get out of the building as fast as possible. She didn’t know why she had glared at him, and why she had ignored him when he told her to wait. Or why she didn’t even want to hear his explanation on why he was late that one night. She didn’t know what had got to her and what had made her this way, but she hated it. She admitted that she had felt elated for once, when she saw Taeyang’s desperation written all over his face. When she saw that figure sprinting down that hallway knowing he had been late and that he had tried his best to come as early as possible; That knowledge that he had probably begged G-Dragon to leave the set early, and apologized many many times to the Japan staff and production team. That feeling that he actually cared for her and didn’t want her to think that he didn’t want to be friends with her anymore, the feeling she had years ago when she had made her first friend. That she wouldn't be abandoned and left alone, and that she would always have that one close oppa to rely on. She knew that he was more than just any other person.

She knew, because the moment she had started running, he began running after her.



~*~

A/N: Sorry for the short update.. D: I was in a rush and couldn’t proofread this because I was too anxious to get this up and posted; Sorry for the delay!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and continue to support, rate, subscribe, and comment to all of my other stories!

Love,

Kpopchicken :D