In My Right Mind

You and I

Previous Chapter:
“Fine. I’ll leave. If that’s what you really want me to do, I’ll do it. If you really think that she’s my chagiya, then so be it. Think whatever you want. I’ll go find her right now and stop Suzy from hurting her. I’ll leave right NOW. Is that enough?!” Taeyang said quietly but with much force, his teeth gritted as he was offended by her words and insults.

He hurried to the door and swung it open, storming out. He slammed the door behind him.

Oh my god, Lee Ji Eun. What did you just do? She thought to herself as she watched Taeyang’s silhouette rush down the hallway through the door window.

Tears finally threatened to fall, drop by drop, as she slowly crouched to the ground. She buried her head into her arms and quietly wept, soaking her jeans with salty tears.

What am I going to do now?

Chapter 9:
Who does she think she is to criticize me of all that crap?! Taeyang fumed, face contorted in a mixture of anger, hurt, and confusion. And to think she actually believed in me.

He made his way through the crowds of people during lunch rush hour, pushing people mercilessly. He didn’t really know where he was going or what he was about to do as he forced his way through the groups of people and continued walking straight.

A public bus soon pulled up in front of the bus stop by the curb and he paused to turn and look at it. He mentally debated whether or not he should get on. His conscience got the better of him as the bus doors began to close and he quickly ran in front of the doors and hopped on, deciding to believe it for once. He scanned his bus card onto the scanner to pay for the bus fare before finding a seat in the back, ignoring the curious stares and silent fangirling done by the school girls in the front of the bus.

“Isn’t that Taeyang oppa?!” One of the school girls whispered to her sister. She pointed to a guy’s figure in the back of the bus who was looking out the window. He had on a sweatshirt and baggy jeans, along with a cap that had ‘swag’ all over when you looked at it on him. He looked damn y even with just the back view.

“Omo, I think you’re right, Da Yae-ah!” Her friend squealed, quietly pulling out her Samsung phone and clicking pictures of him as he turned back from the window to face straight ahead.

“Unni, daebak! Why don’t you go ask him for his autograph?” Da Yae said overexcitedly, nudging her unni.

“Aniya, are you crazy? He doesn’t look like he wants to be recognized right now. Leave him alone.” She replied, slowly putting her phone away as she saw Taeyang’s solemn expression. Da Yae noticed as well after her sister pointed it out and they both turned back around, giving Taeyang some privacy for once.

“Tch. That girl has no idea what she’s talking about. Protect In Na? What bs is that?” Taeyang muttered under his breath, absentmindedly staring at the back of a seat in the front of the bus. “Never in a million years would I ever end up with that evil ill-hearted girl. I swear.”

Taeyang’s focus on the back of the back of the bus seat increased every time he thought about something that angered him to the point where he seemed to be shooting daggers at the seat straight from his eyes. Anyone who was staring at him found him weird, his eyes seeming to be fixated on something and his mouth seeming to be mumbling incoherent words. He snapped out of his daze as the bus driver announced the next stop into the speakers.

“Next station: YG Entertainment building. I repeat, Next station: YG Entertainment Building.”

Taeyang instinctively pressed the bell button before he even knew what he was doing, signalling the driver that he was getting off of the bus. He almost cursed when the bus stopped in front of the building and he was the only one who had rang the bell.

“Of course I end up here..” Taeyang grumbled unhappily, lazily stepping out of the bus. “Remind me never again to trust my conscience. Never."

He looked up at the building. And yet here I am again on my own two feet.....I guess I'm meant to go teach In Na a lesson...Might as well stay a bit longer and clear some things up, shall we..?

After all, it was all someone’s fault that led Ji Eun to misunderstand him for dating that someone. He was so frustrated at the misunderstanding that he couldn't resist. He slowly walked up the stairs outside to the entrance of the building, ready to tell In Na off.

“Well, here goes nothing.” Taeyang laughed hollowly to himself as he spun through the revolving doors into the main lobby.

He made his way to the receptionist’s desk. The receptionist, Ji Won,’s face lit up like a lightbulb the moment her eyes caught onto Taeyang.

“Annyeonghaseyo, may I_” Taeyang started.

“TAEYANG OPPA!!” She cheered happily. “You’re finally here!!”

“...You...I told you not to call me informally out here!!” Taeyang leaned in and scolded her while whispering.

She merely ignored him and waited till he finished speaking.

“And...and...you knew I was coming?” Taeyang looked at her weirdly. “Even I didn’t know I was coming, and that says something.”

Ji Won rolled her eyes.

“Says what, you idiot? That I’m related to you? Of course you would come. You would get angry at IU for something she didn’t intend to do and then come to resolve it! You think your own cousin wouldn’t know your habits?”

She winked.

“Yah, didn’t I just tell you that you shouldn’t be talking informally?! And don’t talk so loud! No one’s supposed to know we’re related!” He whispered, reprimanding her once more.

“Whatever. Now get up to Room 444 and knock out that girl for me. She’s getting on my nerves, hurting IU like that.”

“Araso. I’m leaving first then, noona.” Taeyang said hurriedly, taking the harder route and running up the stairs.

“And I thought he said we shouldn’t be speaking familiarly to each other.” Ji Won chuckled, watching as the door to the staircase slowly closed after being harshly flung open.

“At least he knows he’s done wrong.” A smile lingered on her lips. “But... In Na still doesn’t get the message.”

She erased her smile and replaced it with a frown, shaking her head as she gathered the paper clips scattered all over her reception desk. She jumped, startled as the small beeping sounds from the door sensors infiltrated the lobby and she inadvertently scattered all the paper clips in her hand back onto the table.

Aish, why are there so many people visiting today? There’s never peace and quiet in my life.. She secretly mourned.

Ji Won quickly switched her expression back to “Receptionist” mode and patted down her uniform as 2NE1’s MV producer and his crew approached her area.

“Hello, how may I help you?” She greeted them with a huge smile.

~*~

Taeyang panted, hyperventilating as he burst into Room 444, almost pulling off the knob on the door. He saw Suzy giving In Na an ‘I’ll teach you a lesson’ glare, and In Na expressing her shock over something. He didn’t have the patience to ask what.

“Suzy, excuse me for a second. I have to talk to In Na about something. Right Now.” He said quietly, suppressing his anger.

“But I was just about to t_”

“Suzy, I’m begging you. Now. Before I lose it.” He said in a pleading but deadly tone, signalling her inability to say no.

Suzy quickly obliged, grabbing her purse from the couch and bowing 45 degrees in his direction. Taeyang waited until she exited the office and the door closed with a click before he started talking.

“Taeyang-ah, what’s the matter? D-did you need to see me that bad?” In Na asked, laughing nervously.  "This is the first time you've ever visited me at my office!"

 

She started backing up as Taeyang took slow steps towards her.


"Was it you who sent those pictures to her?" Taeyang asked, getting straight to the point.

In Na gulped as she took another step backwards and felt the cold solid wall come in contact with her back. Her eyes widened in shock turning her head to face the left, avoiding his gaze. 

“H-haha, what are you talking about?” She stumbled over her words shamelessly. “Who are you referring to?”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about.” Taeyang grimaced, trapping her against the wall with his arms on either side.

Unexpectedly, In Na’s heartbeat began to flutter and for some reason, she couldn’t bring herself to not like Taeyang even in the angry state he was in. Her legs felt like melting just being in such close proximity with him.

Are you not going to answer me?!” Taeyang raised his voice a decibel louder, making In Na’s heart beat faster and her face flushed.

“U-uhm, I-I said I didn’t k-know what y-you are t-talking about a-already!” In Na stuttered, still avoiding his gaze.

“Wahh, this girl. What a nuisance to deal with.” He muttered under his breath, completely angered by In Na’s flamboyant attitude.

He grabbed her chin with his right hand and turned her head to face him, making eye contact, and In Na could see slight flames of anger flickering through her own reflection in his eyes.

“Want me to tell you?” He asked, so quiet that it seemed to cause suspense to arise in the air.

In Na was at a loss of words, finding herself nodding in response to his question. She gasped as Taeyang smirked and suddenly leaned in, placing his lips centimeters away from her right ear. She felt his breath slightly blowing on her ear and neck and she shivered in unexpected anticipation.

“I thought I clearly expressed my discomfort towards you last time." He whispered softly into her ear. “Maybe you didn't get the message?...I guess I have no choice but to tell you directly.”

He let out a low chuckle as she squirmed a bit in place.

“Those pictures, and you know exactly what I'm talking about...Don’t ever let me catch you doing such a childish and stupid thing like that again.” His tone of voice changed in a matter of seconds, from a mocking tone to one of seriousness, resulting in a threatening tone.

In Na stood still, not daring to move.

“If you hurt Lee Ji Eun one more time, I won’t be able to control myself and what I’m going to do to you.”

He purposely blew slightly at her earlobe to and hoped his threat was effective. He pulled away from her and straightened up his sweatshirt.

“Ugh, that was such a waste of my time. I hope Suzy’s still out there.” He murmured to himself. He didn't even bother to look back at In Na or say bye. "I wonder what she was here for.."

In Na glanced at him, her embarrassment leaving her face and her strong and stubborn personality resurfacing again. She watched as he stuck his hands inside his shirt pocket and non-chalantly walked away from her. As he turned around to head for the door, she gave his sweatshirt a sharp tug and hooked her hand onto his right arm, pulling him back.

He can't get away this easily after torturing me with his threat. How far did he think he would go? In Na thought, amused.

“Aish! I was just about to leave! What do you wan_” 

Taeyang's complaints were silenced as In Na grabbed the collar of his sweatshirt in one swift motion, so they would be face to face. 
Her expression was unreadable and he didn't have a way of knowing what she would do next. Taeyang tried speaking again.


“What are you_” However, he was cut short.

Without a warning, In Na closed the small gap between Taeyang’s lips and hers, quickly deepening the contact between them both. She linked her arms around his neck, lips still intact with his, trying to get him to kiss her back and trying to pull him closer to her.

Within 10 seconds of realizing what In Na had done, Taeyang shoved In Na off of him, disgusted with her. However, he was mostly disgusted with himself. He wiped off his lips with the sleeves of his sweatshirt and glared at her with the most menacing look he could muster at the time.

“Whatever the hell you were thinking of doing just now, it just lowered my view of you from Ji Eun’s enemy to a lowly human being. Who in their right mind would force themselves onto someone else?!” Taeyang looked at her as if he had just been violated and felt unjustified.

He stormed out of the room, slamming the door for the second time that day.

 

~*~


Suzy had been waiting for Taeyang in the lobby since the moment Taeyang ushered her out. As soon as she saw Taeyang in her line of vision walking out of the elevator, she ran up to him, eager to hear all the action.

“Taeyang-ah, how did things go with In Na?” She asked. “Did you teach her a good lesson?”

Taeyang didn’t answer her. He slowly kept on walking forward as if he were in a trance. Suzy tagged along, following him and not willing to let him off the hook.

“Omo, why are your eyes moist? Yah, Taeyang, you don’t have to feel bad for punishing her! She did wrong! Aigoo, why are you such a softie?” She laughed, punching his arm jokingly as reassurance.

She stopped laughing as she saw a tear roll down his cheek.

“...Taeyang-ah, a-are you okay?” She asked worriedly, lightly putting her hand on his shoulder. “In Na didn’t do anything to you, did she?”

Taeyang still refused to answer her and she sighed.

“Taeyang, I won’t judge you. Here, come over here.” Suzy comforted him, taking his arm and leading him over to the couches by the lobby corner. “Sit down.”

She gently put her hands on his shoulders and made him sit down in the seat next to her.

“Only if you tell me what she did to you can I help you, Taeyang-ah. Just tell me. I won’t tell anyone.”

Taeyang couldn’t help it as another tear rolled down his cheek.

“I...I did something terrible.” Taeyang managed to whisper out loud. “I....Suzy-ah, what am I going to do?”

Suzy put an arm around Taeyang and patted him gently, waiting for him to continue speaking.

“I...I can’t face Ji Eun like this. I feel so guilty and dirty and...I’m not a good person!” More tears started to roll down his cheeks and it was evident that he was still a young boy who was unable to suppress his feelings any longer.

Suzy looked at him with empathy.

I hate to see you hurt like this...and I hate to see IU hurt like this too. Taeyang-ah, whatever happened in that room upstairs, you shouldn’t be feeling guilty about it. If In Na did it, it’s not your fault. Even if you punished her too harshly on your part, it's not your fault either. She deserved it.

She sighed, choosing not to speak. She knew that whatever comforting words she threw out right now wouldn’t help Taeyang and he wouldn’t be listening either. He was too drowned in his sorrows, and Suzy couldn’t help but feel sad as well as she sat there patting his back and watching him cry alone.

 

~*~


In Na scoffed as Taeyang stormed out of the room.

“‘Who in their right mind would force themselves onto someone else?’” In Na laughed at Taeyang's ridiculous comment.

“Does he still not get it? I want him and I want him away from Ji Eun. He wants Ji Eun. I just have to change that.”

She walked over to her closet and opened the door, revealing the mirror on the other side of the door. She took a tube of lip gloss from the upper shelf and uncapped it. Applying some to her lips, she evenly spread the lip gloss out and puckered up her lips, admiring herself in her reflection. Satisfied, she leaned back from the mirror.

Her lips curved upwards into what seemed like a smile as she was reminded of Taeyang’s question again.

“By the way...” In Na started, placing the tube of lip gloss back in the upper shelf. She turned back to the mirror, watching her facial expression. She smirked in the mirror.

“Who ever said that I was in my right mind, anyway?”

She smiled sweetly, closing the closet door as new thoughts flooded her mind.

 

~*~

A/N:

 

Hello! This is Kpopchicken back with a new update for You and I. I’m sorry for the delayed update, and I thank you for reading this new chapter! I hope you guys continue to subscribe, upvote, and comment on my stories, and I welcome all new subscribers! I didn’t really get the time to edit this chapter because right now it’s 11:30PM and I’m insanely tired for some reason...Anywho, happy reading!

 

Love,

Author