Chapter two - A Year 'Round the Heart

The Sleeping Bouquet

 The time has changed,
Only to go around.
Hearts have been stained,
Without a sound.
Passed the season of rain,
The season of blooms around,
Just until there are leaves on the ground.
  
                                                                - Charlot1081



   It was a whole year.  Jeonghan hasn't gotten a text from Hayun.  She hasn't come online on any of her social media accounts either.  He's more than worried.  He finally got an opening to go to America, and without her answering him back, he has no way on knowing where she is right now.  Suddenly, he gets a call.  He looks at the caller ID, and it's Hayun.  He widens his eyes and answers on the second ring.

 

Jeonghan:  Hello??

[Unknown Female voice]:  Hello... Is this Jeonghan?

Jeonghan:  Y-yes, w-who is this?

[Voice]:  I'm Hayun's sister, Makyeo. [마켜]

Jeonghan: ahh, Noona!  Hayun spoke a lot about you!  Speaking of which, what happened to her?

Makyeo:  Listen.. Something terrible has happened.  I want you to fly to the nearest airport, if you have time.

Jeonghan: Yes, yes, I was trying to get an opening, and I have one.  Please text me the location!

Makyeo: Alright, I'll tell you now what happened.  There was a robbery at her bank, and she got shot.  She's fine, she's in the hospital.  Don't worry.  Just get over here when you can.

Jeonghan:  Alright, Noona.  Stay safe.

Makyeo: You too.

 

  The call ended.  He looked at his closet.  He saw a jacket and a hoodie.  He thought strongly about what Hayun would say.  She preferred jackets over hoodies.  He grabbed seven sets of jackets, shirts, and pants.  He put them in his suit case.  He put his comb in his carryon, along with his wallet and passport.  Jun and Woozi walked in.

 

"Woah, hyung!  Where are you going in such a hurry?"  Jun asked as he on an icecream cone Woozi first (Jun stole the snack).

"Hayun was in an accident a year ago.  That's why she couldn't contact me."  Jeonghan said, half calmly as he took the frozen treat and ate a great deal of it before giving it to Woozi.

"I'm going now."  Jeonghan left.

 

Woozi looked down at his icecream.  "Glad I didn't want to eat it."

 

"Oh! No wasting!"  Dino walked by and took the ice cream cone, leaving Woozi with a mad look.

 

 

  Jeonghan landed.  Once he got off of the plane, he claimed his bags, and went straight to the renting station.  He paid the money up front, and put his luggage in the back of the car.  He sat down, buckled up, and started driving.  He inputted the hospital in the GPS the car came with.


  He got out of the car, locked it, and walked into the hospital.  He walked up to the counter.

"Da HaYun."  Jeonghan said as he was out of breath from walking what seemed like miles from where he parked (Because the parking lot is always full -_- )

"Are you a family member?"  The nurse asked.

"No, I'm her boyfriend.  Makyeo, her sister, asked me to come here."  He replied.

"Name?"

"Yoon Jeonghan."

"Oh, yes, she told me that you'd show up.  Room 310."  The nurse directed.

  Jeonghan bowed and walked down the hallway, looking at each number.

 

310
Da HaYun

 

  He knocked on the door.  The door was opened by a short, young lady.  Her hairstyle was similar to that of Hayun.  He bowed and stated his name.  The girl spoke her name, saying she was 'Makyeo'.

 

"So, what exactly happened?"  Jeonghan asked as he sat right beside the sleeping Hayun.

"She got shot.  She was put through surgery.  She's been asleep since."  Makyeo stated as she hung up Jeonghan's jacket.

"For a whole year?"  Jeonghan asked, which he recieved a nod from Makyeo.

 

  Jeonghan looked down at Hayun.  A tear escaped his eye, and it fell onto Hayun's cheek.  Makyeo left the room.

 

  It was a whole hour, Jeonghan has been staring at the girl he's been dating for over a year on the internet.  Her hair was beautiful, her face was so soft, and he smiled.  If she were to be wearing a smile at the moment, it would be the most prettiest thing he's seen.  And he's looked in the mirror before, so he knows what pretty is.

  He noticed a movement.  Hayun moved the slightest bit, and fluttered her eyes open, very slowly.  She looked right, she saw a window and a chair.  She looked left, and saw Jeonghan sitting there.

 

"O-oppa?"  She said in a very weak voice.

"Yes, it's me.  Makyeo-noona called."  Jeonghan said with a small smile as he cupped her cheek.

"I'm sorry.. You had to come all this way.."  She said, a tear almost forming.

"Love," Jeonghan started, "may I kiss you?"  Jeonghan continued, easing his eyelids.

  She slowly nodded and gave a small smile.  This wont only be her first kiss with a person, but the first kiss with HIM.  "You're a lot cuter in person~" She said.

  Jeonghan chuckled, and leaned forward.  He placed his lips very lightly on her's.  The kiss was small, sweet, and slightly long.  When Jeonghan pulled away, he saw her looking around at him.

 

"Oppa, where is your pink hair?"  Hayun asked.

"Well, I got rid of it.. About.."  Jeonghan looked to the side, wondering if he should tell her how long she's been asleep.  He figured, she's going to know eventually.  "About six months ago."  Jeonghan confirmed.

  She widened her eyes.  "S-six months? How long have I been sleeping?!?"  Hayun asked.

"Noona said about a year."  Jeonghan said back.

 

  The door opened, Makyeo, the doctor, a nurse, and a tall man walked into the room.  Jeonghan stood up and bowed to the four.

 

"I'm Dr. Frosten, and you may be?"

"I'm Jeonghan, Yoon Jeonghan."

"I'm Hayun's father, Bakdun (밬둔)"

"Nice to meet you all."  Jeonghan bowed.

 

"Miss Hayun, you've been asleep for exactly one year,"  Dr. Frosten said, "Don't panic, you're still healthy.  You should be up to speed in no time."  He continued.

"Great.  A whole year of work.. Missed..."  She pouted.

 

  As the doctor was getting ready to leave the room, Hayun fell back, again, asleep.