Chapter four - Eternal Love

The Sleeping Bouquet

  The sense of winter,
A cold breeze flows through the air.
And when you thought things couldn't get better,
Our hearts come out to share.
Let this day be the day we stay together,
Through sickness and death, we will remain a pair.

                                                                     - Charlot1081




  Jeonghan was walking back and forth.  He's tired.  He's lonely.  He's slightly bored and confused.  He looks out of the hospital window.  Leaves have turned many colors since Hayun last woke up.  They turned from a burnt brown, to absolutely nothing.  From nothing, to a light green.  A light green to a deep green.  A deep green to mixed color leaves.  The colored leaves to the burnt brown leaves.  And now, the trees are bare.  The songs of Christmas are in the air.  The weather is freezing, the winter is really upon him.

  The bags under his eyes leave the fans wondering every night during Instagram time.  His band mates have called him every single day.  Asking how he and Hayun are doing.  He always answers with "Gradually getting better", which the members know better.  Jeonghan has really just been spending every day in a small hospital room.  He's been sitting near and sleeping with a girl that is sleeping.

  He doesn't want to leave her, no.  He just wants her to be healthy.  He wants them to have a healthy relationship.  He's been eating hospital food for the past year and a month now.  When he first met Hayun, on the internet, she was eighteen years old.  When he met her in the hospital, after a year of sleeping, she was twenty.  Now she is over twenty-one.  He's sad that she couldn't spend her years being happy.  He knows he'll have to go into military within six years, but he wants to spend every waking second with Hayun.

  Hayun is his life.  Sticking in a small room won't change his feelings for her.  He loves her to no end, or let's just say he loves her from the total end of space and back.  Which really.. well this is just how he tells his fans how he loves her.  Surprisingly, the fans aren't agitated by Jeonghan's decision to stay with Hayun.  They find it very romantic, nice, and most of all, loving.  Jeonghan would get gifts from the fans.  Healthy food, jackets, bathing supplies, you name it.  He was very happy that the fans aren't chewing him out.

  He stares at the rings Hayun's father gave him.  Then, he stared at the marriage certificate that Hayun needs to sign.  He feels bad that he wont be giving her a formal wedding, but it's better than nothing.  He really wants to spend all of his life with her, but he just wishes she'd wake up.  If not for her happiness, but for her health.  He can't stand hearing that she might get blood clotts if she doesn't move.  He can't stand her needing to have a catheter or anything like that in her.  It's just so wrong.  And her monthly fertilization checks really get to him.  He just feels so bad for her.  But these reasons aren't why he wants to be with her.  That would be just mean.  To only stay with someone because of pity.  He would never, ever, step so low as to do that.

  Every day, he tells Hayun his feelings.  How he felt when he was a child, how he felt during his high school days, his debut, his years with Seventeen, and how he feels now.  He's very happy that he can spend all the time in the world with his girlfriend.  As two years ago, they only knew each other over social media.  Makyeo let Jeonghan have Hayun's diary.  He's learned so many things about Hayun.  He's not looking at the faults with a laugh, but with all seriousness.  She's learned so much over the years.  And he wants to know every single thing.  He feels like he's getting really close with his soon-to-be wife.

 

  It was Christmas night.  The snow was falling, the night was cold, yet so warm.  He sat Hayun up in her bed against the bed-board.  He put his arm around Hayun to keep her neck straight.  He looked at the falling snow as he drank hot coco.  He smiled.  Last year it was pretty, but this year, for some reason, is more beautiful.  He and the other band members would have been at a Christmas party earlier today (In Korea).  In fact, he received many photos from the party.  Of course he shared them with his beloved.

[Hayun's Dream]

 

"Hayun-ah!  Look!  The snow is so beautiful!"  Jeonghan said as he gave her some hot coco.

"Jeonghan! You look so pretty with all that snow on your pink hair~~"  Hayun said in a cute tone.

"You know what's prettier?  You~"  Jeonghan said as they sat down next to the fireplace.

Hayun blushed.

"Now, do me a favor~ Let's spend Christmas together!"  Jeonghan suggested.  "Open your eyes~"

 

[End of Hayun's dream]

 

  Her eys fluttered open.  She saw that the room was dim.  She looked to the right, and saw the snow falling outside of the window. She looked left to see Jeonghan's smile.  Her eyes filled with tears.

"H-how long has it been?"  She cried as she saw the way Jeonghan looks.

Jeonghan looks tired, weak, and most of all, his hair wasn't as healthy looking as it usually is.

"Since you last woke up?"  Jeonghan asked, receiving a nod.  "It's been a year."

Jeonghan kissed her eye lids very softly.

"Honey, I want to ask you something before you take a nap~"  He said with a smile.  She nodded and smiled back.

"Will you marry me?"  Jeonghan asked as he showed the rings.

  More tears flooded her eyes.

"Y-you.. after as long as you've been here, want to marry me?"  She asked, happiness evident in her tears.

"Yes, honey.  You're the woman I want in my life.  And on this Christmas night, will you be the woman who will always be on my side?"  Jeonghan asked.

  She nodded more than she needed to.  He took her hand, very gently, and slid the piece of gold down her finger.  He did likewise to his own.

"Last thing is,"  Jeonghan grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, "you need to sign this."  He finished.

  Not wasting time, she signed it.

"Kiss me?"  She asked.

  Jeonghan put down the paper, and held her in his arms, kissing her to no end.  After the kiss, Jeonghan saw that Hayun fell asleep.

 

"Rest easy, love"