Chapter one - Autumn Breeze

The Sleeping Bouquet

  Autumn,
Where the skies are light.
Autumn,
Where the colors are all but bright.
A season so short,
Some slight regret.
A time to sort,
And be glad you met.
  
                                      --Charlot1081



 



  It was mid-November.  The leaves were in the middle of falling, the grass was a bit of a "Burnt" color, and the skies were lighter than in the previous season.  Everywhere, you could see people wearing coats, as this year has had a few cold fronts.  People walked along the all-famous park path, where trees were decorated with a red ribbon, the wild life is setting up for the upcoming season, and the path, covered with different varients of colors: some green, some red, a few brown, and a couple with a violet tinge to it.  The season's colors would make them think of dinoflagellates (Red Tide) in bloom.

  A girl, in a blue blouse and skirt, walked along this path, as it is the path to where she works.  A proud smile was on her face as she knows that today will be a great day.  She can tell, the skies are clear, and the animals are full of cheer.  Although the 2-inch heals are bothering her to no end, she can stand it, because she knows that with time, she will get used to it.

  When she arrives, she looks in the employee mirror.  She combs her length, and straightens her name-plate.  The name-plate shined her name: Da HaYun.  She smiled as she walked to the counter.

 

  Hayun works at the local bank.  She sometimes works the counter, and other times she looks after the children the parents leave in the waiting room while they go to their boxes in the back.  Today was the latter.  She brought the children to a special part of the waiting room, one that would keep them safe in the case of a robbery.

  She got a text..

 

Jeonghan-oppa

Ha-ha~ are you at work yet? :)

 

HaYun

Yes~ I'm watching the children today.  There is a large crowd of parents.  I think it's because it's nearing to Christmas.

 

Jeonghan-oppa

Okkei~  Check out my new hair~

 

Hayun

Cute as always, bae ;D
I gotta get back to work!  GO TO BED!!

 

Jeonghan-oppa

Okay then~  Love yah :*

 

Hayun

Love you too~ :*

 

  Hayun smiled.  Her boyfriend, Yoon Jeonghan, is something else.  She's very surprised that someone so famous likes someone as infamous as her.  Sure she got good grades throughout high school and college, but that shouldn't make her any more eligible to date a famous person.  Just to think, she's been a Carat since Seventeen's debut.  She's eyed "The one with the long hair" for a long time.  It was just luck that Jeonghan stumbled upon her blog (That was all about him).

 

  She smiled at the children, they weren't arguing today.  Which is a total first...

 

(The next day in Korea)

 

  Jeonghan woke up.  The first thing he wants to do is text Hayun, but he knows she's already sleeping right now.

 

"Hayun~ Why don't you move here?  I'll help you~ I'll pay for everything and you can get a job here~"  Jeonghan said as he holds his phone to his face, as the lockscreen is a picture of Hayun.

 

"Jeonghan-hyung, why don't you just go over to her and visit her?"  Woozi said, walking in to wake up Jeonghan's roommate, Jun.

 

"Yah! You go ask a girl where she lives!  Isn't that a bit weird??"  Jeonghan snapped as he woke up fully.

 

"Hyung, ask her where the nearest airport is, and ask her to meet you there.  Then she can take you to her appartment."  Jun said, getting annoyed already.

 

  Jeonghan pursed his lips.  "I'll have to figure out when I can go over there then..."  Jeonghan got up from his bed, and put on his underwear.

 

"HYUNG!! You sleep ??"  Jun asked shocked as he sleeps in the same bed as the older.

 

"Sometimes.  You don't notice because you sleep before I do, and you wake up later than I do!"  Jeonghan said as he laughed.

 

  Jeonghan has some business to do today.  He needs to: Figure out his schedule to see when he can fly to Hayun, figure out which airport is closest to her, and figure out what to wear and eat.  He wants to wear a hoodie, yet he wants to wear a button jacket.  He wants to eat ramyun, yet he wants to eat tteokbokki.  He wants to drink strawberry milk, yet he wants to drink banana milk.  He knows he can't have all the above.  At this point, he would text Hayun.

 

Jeonghan-oppa

Hayun~~ I don't know what to wear, eat, or drink!! Wahhh D;

 

Hayun

*Yawn* You woke mehhh!!! Okay.. Jacket, ramyun, and banana.

 

Jeonghan-oppa

You always know what's good for me!  Of course tteokbokki would be bad to eat in the morning!  And it's too hot for a hoodie if I'll be dancing!
You're the best, bae ;)

 

Hayun

I know >:J good night, oppa~ :*

 

Jeonghan-oppa

Night!  Sorry for bothering you!  :*

 

  Jeonghan found his confidence!  He starts singing Mansae as he goes to make himself some ramyun.

 

(It was the next day, in America)

 

  Surprisingly, today, even more parents showed up.  The parents were going to be just looking at the new boxes, so they'd be only gone for a little bit.  Hayun kept them in the regular waiting area.

"Justin, how many fingers is Kimberly holding up?"  Hayun asked.

"Hmmm,, 1, 2, 3, 4!"  Justin replied.

"Ms. Hayun!  Tell us a story about you in South Korea!" Mary asked as she jumped several times.

"I was only a baby when I was there.  I remember nothing~ Sorry~"  Hayun said, hugging the jumping girl.

 

  Suddenly, there was a large bang from the doors.  Hayun looked up to see two men holding AR-15's.  She widened her eyes at this situation.  She took the kids, and ran as fast as she could to the safe room.  She felt a pain in the bottom portion of her stomach.  She put the kids in the room, and locked the door from the outside.  While one of the bad men were being taken care of, Hayun saw the other's back turned toward her.  She has one chance with this.

  She ran to the man, and punched him square in the back.  The AR-15 flung in the air, and she caught it.  She put her heel on the man's neck as she stood a top him.  She pointed the barrel down on the man's head.  She knows if she doesn't, things could get worse.  She made another quick choice.  The question was: Shoot, and kill him.  Or, don't shoot, possibly get shot her ownself, and the kids would be in danger.  It only took a second to think, but it felt like it was all in slow motion to her.  She squeezed the trigger, causing the back of the rifle to hurt her shoulder a bit, yet it made unwanted blood go onto her face.

 

  The other man was taken to jail.  Hayun slid down the wall she back up on.  She looked at the rifle she was still holding, and then looked down at her side.  The blue jacket of her uniform was covered in unforeign blood.  She looked and saw the children were safe, but they were looking at her.  The police made sure that they couldn't run to her.  These kids knew Hayun ever since she started working at the bank a year and a half ago.  She smiled, making them less worried.

  A policeman took the weapon from her, and another man picked her up and brought her to the ambulance.

 

  Undergoing deep surgery to remove the bullet that pierced through her side, she fell asleep.  And stayed asleep.....

 


Hello all!  How did the first chapter go?  I know, there's a lot of violence in this chapter, but the next ones won't have any at all!  I promise!  Please do comment!

Thank you so much for reading!