Fireflies

Lucid Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were two or more things I currently was conflicted with right now. One was the fact that the scenery around me has completely changed. The childish colors were replaced with realistic pastel mixed with some neon and a lot of dark. But the fireflies were still there, so where was I?

Another was the fact that the sky was almost yellow. I saw glimpses of the night sky right above me, but almost everything was flooded by fireflies.

Where ever I was, it definitely isn't somewhere that I've been to before. Things were much more realistic, and every inch felt more... eerie, in a way. It felt as if I was still awake, and as if I was in the outside world where everything was merged with unrealistic and fantastical creations. But now, it felt like my dreams turned realistic in such a way that it made it difficult for me to comprehend if I was asleep, or I was awake and magically transported to another part of the world.

Everywhere around me were trees with violet, maroon, and indigo barks of wood, and leaves of either silver, gold, or bronze. The ground was colored in a rather messy manner, as if whoever created this place was conflicted with whatever color the soil should be. It was a mixture of neon, pink, tar black, green, and mustard yellow. The mere sight of it made me feel dizzy, so I didn't dare to look down when I had other places to look at.

"Hello!" I shouted. Maybe I might find someone in here that could help me find a way to where ever felt safe. I continued to call, and I walked as I shouted for attention. Just when I thought that there wasn't anybody around here, I felt a presence approach me from behind. It was a male, and he was stumbling towards me as he walked.

"H-Hello?" He asked, reaching out, feeling for the right direction. His voice was very soothing, and despite the highness of the pitch and tone, it was still rather boyish. His hair was of a light tint of blonde, and his skin was very pale. His lips were of a very adorable tint of pink, that it almost made me jealous.

 

Somehow, his appearance made him look fragile. He seemed awfully soft, and I felt as if raising my voice at him will cause him to shatter in less than a second. And his eyes-

It was right then and there when I noticed that he was blindfolded. As he reached out, I rushed towards him, afraid that he might fall. However, the moment our skin touched, I felt a strong wave of electricity or the sort traveling through his fingers. He pulled back in shock, and in the speed of the moment, he stumbled backwards and fell on his behind. "Y-Yeonhee? You shouldn't be here!" He had said.

In shock of his fall, I reached down to help him. "No! You shouldn't touch me yet!" The boy had said, pulling his hand away before I could even lay a finger.

"Do I know you?" I asked nervously.

"You do, but not now." The boy had said, and without my help, he pushed himself up and dusted the clothes he had on. "We're still not ready to wake up." He told me.

"I-I just need some help." I stammered. "I'm currently lost right now, and I don't know where I'm in. I've never been here before." I explained my case to the boy who had come towards me to help.

But there wasn't any helpful advice. There was just a smile filled with some sort of irony. "See, I'd help you right now, but I can't really see." He said with a chuckle.

Finally there was someone with a sense of humor that I actually appreciate. Someone understands, and he might be some sort of magical dream character too. "Well, can't I just remove that rather awkward looking blindfold from around your eyes?" I asked, tilting my head a little.

The boy chuckled, and he rubbed the nape of his neck awkwardly. "I'm not exactly allowed to remove them yet. I'll probably cease from existing."

"Oh." I said, dumbly. Man, I really need to stop being inconsiderate of some people's situations. For all I know, he could have taken some weird oath to never see again because he's been through some tough business- wow, I don't even know the guy but I already assume that he's a main character? Shame on me.  "If you don't mind me asking, why are you blindfolded?" I asked.

"Because I'm sleeping." He said.

"But you're alive and moving right now." I pointed.

The boy smiled at my tone. "I guess Jin hasn't told you much about the details, has he?" He asked. He smacked his forehead and laughed. To be honest, his laugh sounded like cheerful bells. It was the type that made you want to smile along, because it was an adorable, innocent type of laughter. "Of course not, it must have been less than a day before he woke up."

"You know him?"

"Yes, he's my eldest brother." There was some sort of longing in his voice. "We've been sleeping for so long, and it's been awhile since I could see."

"Then why won't you wake up then?" I asked. "You seem pretty in control of your actions, even while 'sleeping'." Before he could answer, I realized that I was shooting him with too much questions than what a typical person who was 'sleeping' should even get in the first place. Not only that, but seeing the smallest twitch of a frown on his lips immediately made me feel guilty. "Sorry, it just gets annoying at times when I don't understand something. It bothers me."

The nameless boy just smiled, and nodded. "It's fine, it gets lonely in here after a while." He said. “I really appreciate the company, and it’s been too long since I’ve spoken to you.” I knew him? I don’t think I did, because if I have met him before, it wouldn’t be likely for me to forget. Hell, I knew he was handsome before even seeing what his eyes were like. "I think it's about time you wake up, two children are waiting nervously for you outside." He stood up from the root that he sat on, and he walked towards me. His hands were reaching out to me this time, but something told me that I shouldn't try and touch him just yet.

"Wait, before I go, can you tell me your name?" I asked, but all I got was a smile, and his hands reaching to my eyes.

"Goodmorning, Yeonnie." That was all he said, before touching my lids and making everything return to swirling darkness.

***

Bright colors resurfaced unto my eyes, and the neon color of the ground, the pinkness of the trees, and the metallic leaves had gone missing. Replacing it was a direct bright light that came from a florescent bulb, and a ceiling that I knew all too well. I knew where I was- I had just woken up.

"Yeonhee?" I heard an unfamiliar, yet familiar voice say from the corner of the room. As I sat up, I turned to look at the owner of the voice.

It was a young boy who I haven't encountered yet, and his eyes were bright grey, and his hair was colored in a beach blonde tone. The edges of the strands were highlighted in a dirty type of blond. His eyes were even more narrow than the ones I've encountered before, and for some odd reason, despite being a kid, he had this sense of authority. He had a commanding aura, one that I felt like I knew well.

"By any chance, are you Koya?" I asked slowly. I had just woken up, and I didn't think that speaking fast would help with my case. Koya was often acting as if he were sleepy, but I knew he couldn’t. If he weren’t a cartoonish looking character, then I would have diagnosed him with insomnia.

While groaning, the little boy nodded. This meant that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter