Oddity, Peculiarity, Naivity

Lucid Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were more or less a few somethings to take note of when you pick me as a heroine of a story.

First thing that you should remember is that I tend to change a lot. My views on morality are odd, therefore I change on my regular course of action whenever or not I see fit.

Second thing is that I can be considered insane. For one, it is caused by a certain coping mechanism of mine that I call laughing. So I beg you to not be surprised when you see me crying and giggling at the same time.

Third is that I can surprise you when I actually bother to think. I don't like being arrogant, but as a woman who thinks out of her time, I often feel conflicted with whether or not I should actualy bother thinking. Usually, I make other people do it for me, however, when the situation calls for it, then I just might consider. But hey, when I actually try, you'll thank me for existing.

Okay, maybe that was a wee bit too arrogant.

Fourth is that I tend to be sarcastic at the most peculiar of moments. What else can you expect from someone who thinks that the best way to deal with sad and negative emotions is laughter? It's the same, because it might as well serve as a decent distraction from whatever it is that I am forced to deal with.

Fifth thing to remember is that controlling or manipulating me can be a very difficult, and ridiculous idea. One of the few things I take pride of is my inability to both stay put, and stay constant, which means that if you're planning to controlling me, well you better get used to the contant change of moods.

Sixth, and the most important thing of all to remember, is that you cannot expect me to be normal because I was born into odd, peculiar, and dreadful circumstances. But I doubt that you would think otherwise, because this is basically a summary of the previous five notes to remember. What was my situation, you might ask? Well I might as well start from where things began to be a little crazy.

It all began on the first dream I ever had, on the night of my ninth birthday. As a child, I never had any dreams- not the ones where you think of things you want for the future, but the ones that you have when you lie unconscious on a bed and regain energy. My parents would often ask me about these things when I wake up in the morning, but I find myself speechless and unable to say anything. It wasn't anything like how other people described it. I know I did not forget anything. I did not lose memories of when I was asleep. There was just plain nothing. 

The moment I shut my eyes, I open them the next second and I find that it was the morning and my parents were waking me up for breakfast.

So imagine my surprise when I shut my eyes and I see another world all of a sudden.

I closed my eyes. I was excited to wake up to my birthday which was on the next day. However, instead of the usual routine where I open my eyes the next second to a bedroom which is brighter than the night I slept, a world which I have never seen before was revealed to me. 

It was a world filled with colorful trees that felt cartoonish. I almost thought that I was stuck in a universe where everything was initially two-dimensional. There was a house far off, and it resembled that of a mansion. It was also colorful, but something inside of me decided against visiting this building. 

Around me were trees. They were all in such ridiculous colors that it just convinced me entirely that this was a completely different world, and a completely different place. 

Everywhere around me was filled with such bright and beautiful wonder. I knew that this was what I was missing in a long time. Tears suddenly sprung to my eyes. I was dreaming. For the first time in my entire life thus far, I was dreaming. 

"Why are you crying?" Someone suddenly asked from behind me. I gasped and I turned to look at who it was that spoke. That person was a stuffed toy that had stubs for hands, and a head that resembled that of a horse's. It too, was completely colorful, and it was also incredibly cute.

A smile came upon my face, and I went on my knees to give him a much needed hug. "I'm finally dreaming!" I giggled happily while tears were all streaming down my cheeks, and the material that this plushie was made of soaked it in. After a few moments of me just swinging around with him in my arms, I decided to let him breathe- that's if he actually does breathe, of course.

That was answered the moment he was seen dramatically gasping for air. "Why did you strangle me to death!?" He asked in shock, and it was obvious that he was rather mad at me, but it didn't do anything to affect me because his voice was too adorable to feel guilty of. 

But I guess it made me a tad bit guilty because I could have killed my first friend that I've made in my dream."I-I'm sorry, I guess I was just a bit overwhelmed that I finally have a dream." I apologized. "Will you forgive me?" I asked. Mother raised me to be a good kid. It was only right to apologize when I've clearly done something wrong.

The horse looked at me. I didn't know why it wasn't moving quite as much as I thought dream characters did, but it was motionless as it continued looking at me. 

However, the next moment came and he was hugging me at my waist- most likely because that was the only area it he can reach. The action in itself was adorable, and I felt a giggle errupt from my lips as I looked down. "Of course." The voice suddenly became less childish, but it was still as if it had come from a cartoon. "My name is... Mang, for now." 

I tilted my head. "For now... Your name changes?" I asked.

Never did I think it was possible for a horse to smile, but it did. "Why not imagine this as a roleplaying game? The more things we do together, the closer we come to my real name." He said. "Hell, even I don't know my real name, so call me Mang for now. Apparently you'll be the one finding out my name." 

A first I thought that it was rather odd, but then I reminded myself that this was a dream. "Sure! I can't see why not." I grinned back at him.

This certain dream seemed to last for decades- I remember every detail as if it had been real. I met the inhabitants of the world I thought I created inside of my head while I was asleep, and they were all welcoming. They had all been adorable too. Hell, even now I smiled when I saw them. I recall it perfectly, as opposing to what dreams usually were. Normally, people would easily forget about those dreams. 

A few more nights came, and eventually I was introduced to the rest of them by Mang.

There were seven of them, as I can recall. There were seven colorful beings that brought smiles to my lips. I even remember their names. There was Mang. Mang was a little  violet plushie that had the headgear of a blue horse. There was Koya, and he was basically a Koala who likes to sleep- like normal Koalas, but blue. There was RJ, and he was an adorable alpaca. Chimmy was a plushie in a dog's onesie. Cooky was a pink rabbit who was more than adorable, but don't be fooled, he was more than willing to lift you off your feet with its strong arms- literally. Shooky was a living, breathing cookie that wanted to sleep more than anything. Then Tata was basically an oversized heart that grew a spotted body.

"How can you even move around like that?" I snickered. 

The heart turned its head which was seventy-five percent of its body at me. "Like what?"

There was an idea that popped into my head. I had a glint in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter