Que Freaking Out

Lucid Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your what?" I asked, slowly. Maybe I heard it wrong, because it was absolutely ridiculous for a bloody plushie that I only ever saw in my dreams before this single, face-to-face meeting. Not only that, but this person literally went missing for three years, came back for a night only to go ahead and tell me that I was his, and his six other plushie friends' bride.

It was so bloody ridiculous that maybe, just maybe I was hearing things wrong. 

Jungkook let out an awkward cough. "Our bride." He said 

Okay, so maybe I heard wrong again. However, instead of hyperventilating and ranting to myself while I pace around the room, I found myself laughing. So I've gone to this point, did I? It started with small giggle, then it turned into a series of held-back chuckles and holding my mouth. Then I just broke out in hysterical, insane-almost laughter. "Why are you laughing? Jungkook asked nervously.

"You expect me to believe that I am the bride of seven stuffed-toys that can turn into unrealistically handsome boys with odd eyes and hair? Not only that, but you guys are a figment of my imagination. I must be getting bat- crazy if some part of my brain wants me to get married to all of the childhood dreams that I made up." I said in between a ton of laughter. "I don't think I'm on drugs either."

"Yeonhee, this is real. I'm real." Jungkook tried pointing out. "How can I convince you that I'm real?" He asked pleadingly.

"Oh I don't know. How about you try convincing me that I am not on drugs, dreaming, asleep, or insane?" I asked sarcastically. It was utterly impossible for anyone to convince me otherwise that I was either of those things. The first part was a huge no already, though. I don't recall sniffing in some or injecting myself with some substance that was often abused.

Jungkook was thinking though. He looked as if he was actually trying to find a way to convince me. "Do take note that right now, I'm convinced that you are a figment of my imagination and that I am hallucinating right now." I told him. "Oh sweet cheetos, what if I'm Schizophrenic?" I asked, making myself panic.

"Damn it, this is why I didn't want to be sent out first." He groaned. "Look, I have no bloody clue as to how the hell I can convince you that you're not crazy, and that you're not on drugs, sleeping, or that I am just a figment of your imagination." Jungkook said. "But I at least need you to slightly be convinced? That's all I need for now!" Oh great, he was begging.

"Oh sure, why not." I said sarcastically. I looked at the boy in front of me and he seemed to have a smile that was oddly satisfied. He must have not known what sarcasm is. Great, what kind of figment of my imagination doesn't know what my greatest feat is? "That was sarcastic, which means that it's a no." I massaged my forehead. This was giving me a grand headache right now. "Look. I don't want anything to do with insanity, or drugs, or a real-life inception. I'm going to sleep, and when I wake up, you better find me a convincing reason or proof that this isn't a dream, influence of drugs, nor a bloody hallucination. Got it?"

Before the boy could utter a word, I rushed to my bed, and I tucked myself in. "Also, you better not be here when I wake up." I warned. 

He didn't say anything. I shut my eyes, and I waited for sleep to take me. 

But it didn't I couldn't sleep. I didn't feel tired anymore. "Can't sleep?" I heard another voice say. My eyes widened. There was someone else other than Jungkook and I in this room. I jolted up from my bed and I turned around to see two unwelcome males in the room. However, other than Jungkook, I knew who the other male was. 

"Jin?" I called in disbelief. I clutched my head in confusion. "Oh my god, I really am going crazy." I muttered.

"No, no you're not going insane Yeonhee. This is really happening." Jin said, and he walked closer towards me. He cupped my cheeks with his hands, and he looked straight at my eyes.

I scoffed. "Let me list down why it's impossible for something like this can't be real, shall I?" I said, and I pulled his hands off from my face. "First of all, you are characters in my dreams. I started dreaming of you since I was ten, and you guys stopped appearing when I was fifteen, right when my parents left me to fend for myself." A finger rose. "Second of all, you suddenly appear one night. You turn into unrealistically human people, and you appear right back in my dreams." I put up another finger. "Third, you bloody joined into the club of the things I see that are also as unrealistic." Another finger. "Fourth, you claim me as your 'bride' or whatever it is that Jungkook said.

"You do understand why I believe that everything in this room that is even the littlest bit strange is a figment of my imagination, and a bloody hallucination, right?"

"Look, Yeonhee. We aren't dreams. We aren't your imaginations. We aren't hallucinations." I could tell than Jin was getting more impatient in trying to convince me that everything that was happening right now was real.

"Yeah then what are you?" I asked, daring him to answer.

There was suddenly a dark look on his face. It felt foreign to see that expression, but I'd understand why. His patience was running thin, and I may or may not have bullied the maknae of the group of dreams. "We are called many things. We are nightmares, we're the sandmen, the boogeymen, the creatures that lurks underneath your beds, the monsters in the closet, demons, angels, dreams." He said, leaning closer towards me. I stared at him in both fear, and curiosity.

"Then, what are you?" I managed to ask, my voice was barely above a whisper. I was almost afraid that if I raised my voice higher than this, then something irreversable will happen.

The corners of his lips tugged upwards, and his eyes glimmered in some sort of amusement. "A mixture of all of them, my sweet connection." 

My eyebrow raised in question. This felt far too cheesy for my taste. I was almost convinced that my brain didn't make them up, because I was pretty much sure that I couldn't conjure something this corny. 

He must have seen that I wasn't believing him, because I heard an evident sigh that came from his lips. "You need to sleep." Jin said. I was about to tell him that there was no way for me to sleep, but the moment his finger touched my forehead, I felt an immediate drowsiness take over me, resurfacing from the list of priorities I buried it under.

I was unwilling to, but I felt myself being taken by sleep. Whatever it was that he did, it was incredibly effective. He should have done this the moment I actually wanted to sleep.

 

***

 

Okay, I think I have full reason to freak out now.

It happened after I woke up in the morning. The first thing I did was look around. It was normal. There weren't any sign

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter